Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Exactly.
    It's simple, would bring in higher revenues and would be universally viewed as 'fair'... and no politician seems willing to do anything even remotely close to it.

Washington is so devoid of common sense it hurts sometimes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Its not surprising to hear fols talk about not feeling him as president, or agreeing with that sentient when they don't want him to be president.

I can tell you this. My tepid reaction to him is hugely preferable to my intense negative reaction to the incumbant.

As for the tax returns, I am hopeful he never releases them. Not becasue of aything he did or didn't do, (again, if he did something that should warrant our attention, the IRS can and should find it) but becasue I want to see those calling for their release to be flatly rejected. Seeing the fringe get more and more frothed at the mouth over sometrhing so relatively unimportant this is greatly entertaiing. I love it when the fringe gets told to pound sand, and to see them stomp their feet and demand again, like a bunch of spoiled six year olds. Yes, he can ignore them, and I think its a good thing that he does. Is the tax return really going to change anyone's vote? No. If you're asking for his return, I'll bet my savings that person is already looking to vote for Obama. Anyone already looking to vote for Romney doesnt care if he paid a lower rate. In fact, with his resources, we would expect him to. Why? Becasue if we had his resources, we'd do the same thing, and we can be honest with ourselves about it, and not miss a minutes sleep over it. I would be disappointed in him if he didn't- not that republicans are the only ones who pay the miniimum taxes. But hey, why spoil the ferver? It only matters when a non democrat does it, History now clearly tells us so.
    All complying with these silly demands would do is make the fringe feel empowered, only to then demand something else, perhaps from someone else,purely for political advatage. No, I'm good with just laughing at them and ignoring them, and watching them throw their little tantrum, media included.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    What's so funny?

The IRS is one government agency that is actually pretty good about getting theirs.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    What's so funny?

The IRS is one government agency that is actually pretty good about getting theirs.
    I know, this made no sense to me either.

vCash
    I guess people don't trust the government when it comes to taxes for Romney, but when it comes to other forms of government people want more because it works so well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234