Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Stealing government records nice! Hope they get locked up for life.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Stealing government records nice! Hope they get locked up for life.
    If true, I wouldn't say life.... but whatever anyone would get for stealing anyone's tax returns... Oh and blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    And who says Chicago style politics is dead

I'm not starting a conspiracy here- at all. Its just hilarious to me that there is all this hullabaloo about a man's tax records.
    Romneys tax records- number 1,453,279 on my list of things that matter to me- at all. Obama's tax records? number 1,453,279b.

This is a ****ing sideshow. At least Clinton had somehting fun to talk about. This is not only unimportant, but lame. At least make it a cool scandal. I wonder if the next Romney scandal will be if he ever used a curse word.

vCash
    How can it not be important to you to see how honest the person who is asking to be POTUS is?

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    How can it not be important to you to see how honest the person who is asking to be POTUS is?
    This is not to me a question of honesty. Its a drummed up McCarthy era style false issue. "Why can't you tell us Mitt? If you didn't do anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide!" Bull ****. Since when has that logic been acceptable to force someone to disclose anythnig? Are tax returns listed on the criteria to be eligible for president? If not, if I were mitt, I would have told the DNC to go **** themselves. If there is an issue with the tax return, then the IRS has means to to identify it and handle it, just like they do for the rest of us. The very idea that this continues to come up just highlights how petty this process is.

I don't recall a single person in this forum getting all uppity about tax returns when Geitners was an issue, so why is it now? This is an argument of political convenience, nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    This is not to me a question of honesty. Its a drummed up McCarthy era style false issue. "Why can't you tell us Mitt? If you didn't do anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide!" Bull ****. Since when has that logic been acceptable to force someone to disclose anythnig? Are tax returns listed on the criteria to be eligible for president? If not, if I were mitt, I would have told the DNC to go **** themselves. If there is an issue with the tax return, then the IRS has means to to identify it and handle it, just like they do for the rest of us. The very idea that this continues to come up just highlights how petty this process is.

I don't recall a single person in this forum getting all uppity about tax returns when Geitners was an issue, so why is it now? This is an argument of political convenience, nothing more.
    i personally want to know how much money Romney hides off shore. I think that is an issue worth noting. I think that says something about what he finds important.

And again it goes to what I think of as fairness... Mitt Romney pays a lower percentage of tax than I do... thats redunculous. Mitt romney want's to lower his taxes even more while mine stay mostly the same. He claims to be able to lower tax rates and make it debt neutral because he will close loopholes... What loopholes? He has said none of this, but no one has been able to figure out how this debt neurtal lowering of tax rates across the board, cutting the capital gains tax even more than it is, and closing loopholes, without makeing what amounts to a tax hike on those in the middle (they are the ones who make most use of the loopholes). Will he stop people from hiding money in shell corporations and banks offshore like he does?

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    i personally want to know how much money Romney hides off shore. I think that is an issue worth noting. I think that says something about what he finds important.

And again it goes to what I think of as fairness... Mitt Romney pays a lower percentage of tax than I do... thats redunculous. Mitt romney want's to lower his taxes even more while mine stay mostly the same. He claims to be able to lower tax rates and make it debt neutral because he will close loopholes... What loopholes? He has said none of this, but no one has been able to figure out how this debt neurtal lowering of tax rates across the board, cutting the capital gains tax even more than it is, and closing loopholes, without makeing what amounts to a tax hike on those in the middle (they are the ones who make most use of the loopholes). Will he stop people from hiding money in shell corporations and banks offshore like he does?

Exactly. Prove to us non die hard Republicans that you aren't what we think you are. What we view most Republicans to be. You talk as though you aren't, but everything tells me you are and hiding this shows it more.

vCash
    I just think it's important to know how the policies he is espousing will effect him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post

Great post, and I greatly agree with the last sentence.

I would like to see Romney's records - how did he do in '08? How and why does he have 13% tax rates, his 'self-reported' rate?

But, when push comes to shove, he doesn't have to show anything. He has a right to his privacy. This 'returner' nonsense is just like the 'birther' issue - hype, hyperbole and a TON of false equivalency.

vCash
    I just think it's important to know how the policies he is espousing will effect him.
    That is why I care. I couldn't care less if Romney pays 15% or 35%. He hasn't had an effect on changing his own taxes so I don't have a problem. But he is now running for president on a pledge to cut the taxes on the way that we do know a substantive portion of his income is derived. This concerns me greatly.

Is Romney trying to do this because he thinks it's good policy or because it will benefit himself personally is the question. Obama has stated that under his plan his taxes would go up and anyone who can do math and read wiki knows this to be true as well. If I see one candidate whose plan would push his rate to near zero percent and another whose plan would raise his own taxes by about 4-6%, then I have to see the one who is willing to sign a change to lower his own rate as a plan that candidate believes is better for the country and clearly not themselves.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    He doesn't have to reveal his taxes.

And I don't have to vote for somebody that is likely hiding the fact that they are all for the middle class paying more taxes while the wealthy get all kinds of loopholes and tax breaks.

vCash
    This is just like the Birth certificate issue. People have to complain about something. I like how Liberals were so pissed that people kept bringing up the birth certificate issue. Now it is the liberals that are continuing with the tax returns. It's kind of funny.

Oh and Romney is probably paying a lower rate because he knows how to do it. He is a business man and he also probably has a team to help find ways to pay less taxes. No one can honestly say that they want to pay a lot of taxes, people try to find ways to cut their taxes.

One more side note there are a ton of loopholes in the tax code. Take a tax course or read about the stuff on the internet. You will be surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That is why I care. I couldn't care less if Romney pays 15% or 35%. He hasn't had an effect on changing his own taxes so I don't have a problem. But he is now running for president on a pledge to cut the taxes on the way that we do know a substantive portion of his income is derived. This concerns me greatly.

Is Romney trying to do this because he thinks it's good policy or because it will benefit himself personally is the question. Obama has stated that under his plan his taxes would go up and anyone who can do math and read wiki knows this to be true as well. If I see one candidate whose plan would push his rate to near zero percent and another whose plan would raise his own taxes by about 4-6%, then I have to see the one who is willing to sign a change to lower his own rate as a plan that candidate believes is better for the country and clearly not themselves.
    You honestly think that Romney wants to be president just so he can change tax laws so that he gets to keep a little more of his money....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    This is just like the Birth certificate issue. People have to complain about something. I like how Liberals were so pissed that people kept bringing up the birth certificate issue. Now it is the liberals that are continuing with the tax returns. It's kind of funny.

Oh and Romney is probably paying a lower rate because he knows how to do it. He is a business man and he also probably has a team to help find ways to pay less taxes. No one can honestly say that they want to pay a lot of taxes, people try to find ways to cut their taxes.

One more side note there are a ton of loopholes in the tax code. Take a tax course or read about the stuff on the internet. You will be surprised.
    It's not like the birth certificate rule in that Obama didn't want to change the way we give out birth certificates...? Obama's Birth Certificate is something that pretty much doesn't affect anyone, while both candidates are running on what they will do with the tax code. We know Obama's plan, we have yet to hear Romney's besides a vague sense of what he wants to do. Knowing how their plans will affect themselves is a valid concern. The tax returns are valid because it shows how one candidate may or may not be able to relate to what the deductions he's planning to remove actually mean to the middle class. The tax returns are valid cause it gives the people a sense of just how much money Romney may have hidden outside of the country. No one is suggesting that Romney is running just to lower his tax rate, that is absurd. They are both running for the same reason all people want to be president. An unquenchable thirst for power, a gigantic ego and yes... the belief that they can actually do some good for this country (I honestly believe that last part).

Romney pays a lower rate because his kind of income is taxed at a lower rate then the kind of income you get for working. He's not paying a lower rate just cause he hides money in offshore banks, he's paying less because his income is earned through investing, which apparently is more respected in this country than an honest day's work. I'm sure being rich and having a team of lawyers hiding your money helps too but isn't that the point, that the wealth Romney has, which let's be honest stems from his well to do family, gives him an unfair advantage over the rest of us. If you raised the top income bracket to 39.4% He'd still pay a lower % than I do.
    Last edited by flips333; 09-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.

vCash
    It's not like the birth certificate rule in that Obama didn't want to change the way we give out birth certificates...? Obama's Birth Certificate is something that pretty much doesn't affect anyone, while both candidates are running on what they will do with the tax code. We know Obama's plan, we have yet to hear Romney's besides a vague sense of what he wants to do. Knowing how their plans will affect themselves is a valid concern. The tax returns are valid because it shows how one candidate may or may not be able to relate to what the deductions he's planning to remove actually mean to the middle class. The tax returns are valid cause it gives the people a sense of just how much money Romney may have hidden outside of the country. No one is suggesting that Romney is running just to lower his tax rate, that is absurd. They are both running for the same reason all people want to be president. An unquenchable thirst for power, a gigantic ego and yes... the belief that they can actually do some good for this country (I honestly believe that last part).

Romney pays a lower rate because his kind of income is taxed at a lower rate then the kind of income you get for working. He's not paying a lower rate just cause he hides money in offshore banks, he's paying less because his income is earned through investing, which apparently is more respected in this country than an honest day's work. I'm sure being rich and having a team of lawyers hiding your money helps too but isn't that the point, that the wealth Romney has, which let's be honest stems from his well to do family, gives him an unfair advantage over the rest of us. If you raised the top income bracket to 39.4% He'd still pay a lower % than I do.
    The birth certificate isue was a little different in that, in essence, it was just using an Obama tactic against Obama. The tactic I am referrencing is trying to have your opponent declared or perceived as ineligible for the office they are running for. He's done it more than once. I feel no sympathy for him in that regard. Of course, the racial undertones from some turn the issue into something more nasty than a simple eligibility issue.

As for the taxes, I would just like to have one question answered. If Romney is paying at a lower rate, but the return is legal (i.e. if audited, no findings are produced by the IRS), then WTF is the big deal? I keep hearing from folks like Michael Moore and democratic party leaders that tax revenues need to go up. What are they paying? Is anyone even asking??? Or is Romney's obligation of dislclosure somehow unique?

Name me one prominent democrat who doesn't use a quality CPA to do their return, and/ or doesn't pay more than legally necessary. I can't think of one person, not one, who ever looked at their tax forms and said "**** it, we owe $16,500 this year, but let's just make it an even $20,000." Who says that??? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...?

If Ronmey is determined to have paid one dollar more than is absolutely legally necessary, I will question his judgement.

BTW, what's the penalty for extortion/ blackmail these days?
    Last edited by Patsfan56; 09-07-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast