Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Link to watch Democratic National Convention

vCash
    Michelle Obama just gave a fine *** speech.

vCash
    Damn, she killed it.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Barack drove a hoopty, she loves her children, and the economy might not suck when yours grow up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Barack drove a hoopty, she loves her children, and the economy might not suck when yours grow up!
    I hadn't considered that.

You're right, it was a terrible speech. She should've talked about how terrible poor people are instead.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Yeah, were people expecting her to put down their own campaign efforts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I hadn't considered that.

You're right, it was a terrible speech. She should've talked about how terrible poor people are instead.
    I was kinda hoping she'd chant "change" for 20 minutes so I was disappointed. I'm glad she had a lot of debt when she was young. Cry me a river, at least there was a job market when she graduated.

In fairness, I think the Obama's are tremendous speakers but she didn't say anything worth a ****. That's their MO.

vCash

Link to watch Democratic National Convention

Michelle Obama: hottest first lady ever or the hottest first lady ever?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Michelle Obama: hottest first lady ever or the hottest first lady ever?
    debatable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I was kinda hoping she'd chant "change" for 20 minutes so I was disappointed. I'm glad she had a lot of debt when she was young. Cry me a river, at least there was a job market when she graduated.

In fairness, I think the Obama's are tremendous speakers but she didn't say anything worth a ****. That's their MO.
    So.. you don't want her to talk about what it was like growing up?

You must've missed the parade of "my dad worked in a coal mine for three pennies a day until he died of AIDS of the cancer while in the mine" that ran across the stage of the RNC.

Or, you're expecting some kind of major policy speech from the First Lady, which is equally as absurd.

And if you really think the point of all of that was trying to get people to "cry a river," then I have to question if you even listened to it.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    debatable.
    True, that Bess Truman was quite the looker.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    So.. you don't want her to talk about what it was like growing up?
    What difference does it make?

You must've missed the parade of "my dad worked in a coal mine for three pennies a day until he died of AIDS of the cancer while in the mine" that ran across the stage of the RNC.
    Equally stupid. I'm not a republican, however, I'd say their economic policies are equally unproven yet slightly less disproven.

Or, you're expecting some kind of major policy speech from the First Lady, which is equally as absurd.
    No, just more CHHHHAAAAANNNNGGGEEEE, please!

And if you really think the point of all of that was trying to get people to "cry a river," then I have to question if you even listened to it.
    Well, why else did she talk about her massive debts when she was younger? To motivate us? But there's a problem - debt really isn't that big of a deal if you can get a job and pay it off, unlike half the kids graduating today.

You can win an election with a riveting speech but you can't fix the economy with one.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 09-05-2012 at 03:06 AM.

vCash
    There's a little thing called connecting with the audience. The main topic of her speech was that Obama knows what it's like to be in the middle class and that he's trying to help the middle class. Therefore, it made sense for her to draw parallels between their lives and the lives of many young middle class Americans.

And in response to your earlier post, if Michelle Obama were just graduating from college this year, she'd still have a job because she went to Princeton and Harvard Law. The economy is pretty simple at this point. Good education with a degree in something applicable (not English), and you'll get a good job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    There's a little thing called connecting with the audience. The main topic of her speech was that Obama knows what it's like to be in the middle class and that he's trying to help the middle class. Therefore, it made sense for her to draw parallels between their lives and the lives of many young middle class Americans.

And in response to your earlier post, if Michelle Obama were just graduating from college this year, she'd still have a job because she went to Princeton and Harvard Law. The economy is pretty simple at this point. Good education with a degree in something applicable (not English), and you'll get a good job.
    Oh connecting with the middle class, eh? But the large majority of the middle class doesn't get to go to two ivy league colleges. So we only care about the kids that went to top colleges, right? **** the kids that spent 100k on a top 50 or 100 college, especially the ones that graduated with an english degree. They're on their own.

Your post is terrible.

vCash
    Your whole PREMISE is terrible.

Her job was to go out there and help people connect with Obama on a personal level. Except for those clearly blinded by their own partisanship, she did that.

She wasn't supposed to make policy announcements, or discuss how they were going to fix the economy, or any of that. She's the First Lady. You seem to continue to think she should've been making a speech that the President would've given, and that's just obvious nonsense.

It was a good speech. She did a good job with it. Acknowledging that fact doesn't mean you suddenly love Obama and plan to vote for him. Trying your best to talk about anything but that fact just makes you look silly.
    Visit my Blog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast