Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Question Is Matt Moore the Best Pitcher on the Rays' Staff?

Matt Moore is flying under the radar, but he is the best pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays right now.

As a matter of fact, since the All-Star break, Moore has been one of the best starting pitchers in all of baseball, and here's why.

Post All-Star Break

The 23-year-old is 4-1 with a 1.47 ERA, having given up only five earned runs in 30.2 innings. Although he's walked 12 batters thus far, he still holds a WHIP of 1.04, has yet to give up a home run and has struck out 28.

His stuff is electric. He looks like a 10-year veteran, holding opposing batters to an atrocious .182/.222/.227 split.

If you still doubt that he's the ace of the club right now, let's keep putting things in perspective.

Pre All-Star Break

Before the All-Star Game, Matt Moore wasn't anything to brag about. In fact, there were doubts over whether or not he could pitch at this level.

He pitched himself to a mere 5-6 record with 4.42 ERA, while batters stroked a .252 batting average.
    Read the rest here>
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...the-rays-staff

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    David Price.

vCash
    I don't care who is the best I just love the fact that we have them both locked up as our #1,#2 in coming seasons.

vCash
    David Price is arguably the best pitcher in the AL this year. Matt Moore has a long way to go before he is a cy young candidate! He is still playing awesome for a rookie, and i believe he should be rookie of the year.