How is it possible for us to win the division next week vs the Skins even if the NYG lose today vs BAL and we beat WAS next week?? they keep sayin we still have a chance to win the division, tho after some research i see WAS will still have a better conference record than us, 7-5 to our 6-6? didnt todays heartbreaking loss essentially just end our season??? say it isnt so!!!
If we win next week we will have the say conference record at 7-6.
thats not right tho...cuz right now WAS conference record is 7-4 and ours is 5-6....so if we win next week we will improve to 6-6 and WAS will fall to 7-5..which still gives them a better Conference record
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
Nfl Network said that if the Cowboys win next week we will win the Division because we will have a better common game record than Washington. If we win we will have a 9-5 record compared to the Skins 8-6 record.