Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Seriously, as much talent as any team in the NFL?

This is not a bash thread. But I hear this comment about Dallas every year and when injuries happen there is no depth. Are they talking just about skill positions? Cause realistically this team has no depth and holes on the OL and on the defensive line as well. Do they just assume there is talent 2,3 deep on this team without doing research?

vCash
    I think this is a talented team. And I think it's a very deep team or a very well coached team because with all the injuries it's hard to have guys off the street step in and play well but they have. I agree that the o line is horrendous tho.

vCash
    We lack MENTAL toughness.. That's all.. We shoulda pulled this game out... We get a mental block when we play at home against the better teams in the leagu... AT HOME! Doggone shame... Yeah, we showed something vs. Pitt last week, but we reverted back to our old ways today ( we've been this way for 10 friggin years guys )... CHOKE UNDER PRESSURE...
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

vCash
    Dallas is a VERY talented team. But when teams are graded on their level of talent, u rarely hear "their 3rd string OLB is a game changer". As it relates to 2-3 string, the talent level is about the same for almost every team. The only reason these conversations are being had is because we are being forced to be graded by our D which has been absolutely ravaged by injuries. But what they don't know is, they're not grading 2-3 stringers, they're grading guys from off the street. There's a difference....

vCash
    Anyone who is asking this defense to do anymore than what it's doing jus simply isn't being fair. Jay Ratliff, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Barry Church, Josh Brent, Orlando Scandrick (haha), Keyon Coleman. All done for the season. Then u have Morris Claibourne, Mike Jenkins, Marcus Spears, Anthony Spencer, Ernie Sims, Alex Albright all miss one or more games. It's not mental toughness. It's not execution. Starters make more money than their back ups for a reason.

vCash
    How can anyone say this team isn't mentally tough with the amount of comebacks and late game wins. Besides the bears and Seahawks games this team has won or had a chance to win every game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    How can anyone say this team isn't mentally tough with the amount of comebacks and late game wins. Besides the bears and Seahawks games this team has won or had a chance to win every game.
    Strongly agree

vCash
    Not true....Their Offensive Line is terrible and there defense has flat out disappeared....They have talent but have holes in 2 of the bigger areas that help teams win games consistently...They could live without the Oline if their defense would pick it up some....These past couple of weeks have been infuriating watching other teams do as they will against the cowboys.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Our defense has disappeared because they're all injured. Lee, Carter, Church, Scandrick, Ratliff, Sims and I don't think Ware has been 100% either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    Our defense has disappeared because they're all injured. Lee, Carter, Church, Scandrick, Ratliff, Sims and I don't think Ware has been 100% either.
    Exactly. Wares been playing with one arm for the last month. And honestly the defense hasn't looked terrible even with all the injuries. They still get huge stops late to give the offense chances to comeback.

vCash
    At the flashy positions we're as talented as anyone. But we're among the worst in both front lines. And our secondary is mediocre

vCash
    Yeah, people have that impression because we have some names at the flashy positions.... but, if you look at the elite teams they are very fundamentally sound and powerfully built with stars at the right places and good players in the rest. Josh Brent kind of put us in a predicament because he was supposed to be the guy to really pick up the slack for Ratliff. Sims being out is terrible because at least he was a stop gap now you have big holes in the center of our defense, NT, middle linebackers, safeties...no wonder the Saints had a field day.