Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I'll do it. I'm probably the one non Bears fan who can do it and not get brutally murdered. I'm about to take a smoke break and I'll do it.
    well there's nothing they can do about it (Bears fans) since you can't dispute the rules...

If you get banned for this, we revolt since it's not baiting in any way... but i'm sure some of those Bears mods will see it as baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    you're missing the point, though lol I know what the last part said. I mean when he misses the ball it should be a penalty. I'm well aware you can do it if it's only contact with the ball...
    Note: If there is any question as to whether a defender is stripping or batting a ball in player possession, the official(s) will rule the action as a legal act (stripping the ball).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Note: If there is any question as to whether a defender is stripping or batting a ball in player possession, the official(s) will rule the action as a legal act (stripping the ball).
    So it's illegal, yes?

That only mentions batting and stripping, not punching.

Now you're confusing me even more

vCash
    Shhhhh

Lol, I better not make a thread because of that part. I'll post it somewhere.

What if he throws a punch and catches air, just because his intend seemed to be stripping it's always legal. Okay, then why is punching the ball against the rule, wouldn't that ALWAYS be intent to strip? Odd wording

vCash
    Shhhhh

Lol, I better not make a thread because of that part. I'll post it somewhere.

What if he throws a punch and catches air, just because his intend seemed to be stripping it's always legal. Okay, then why is punching the ball against the rule, wouldn't that ALWAYS be intent to strip? Odd wording
    That doesn't say punching though. It only mentions stripping and batting. Batting does not equal punching.

The "A" line in your sig says it.

The rule is basically contradicting itsself. But it does say no punching. What he's doing is punching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    So it's illegal, yes?

That only mentions batting and stripping, not punching.

Now you're confusing me even more
    I say that since batting and punching is considered illegal and probably a similiar action. As long as he seems to be batting (punching) at the ball it is considered a legal action.

I think what the rule is trying to get at is when players use to knock the ball out of players hands after the play was over...or swat at the centers hand as he hicked the ball.

vCash
    Need Goodell's email!

vCash
    I say that since batting and punching is considered illegal and probably a similiar action. As long as he seems to be batting (punching) at the ball it is considered a legal action.

I think what the rule is trying to get at is when players use to knock the ball out of players hands after the play was over...or swat at the centers hand as he hicked the ball.

ah well, my original point still stands. Even if it is legal, if he punches and hits the player, it should still be a personal foul. You can't say it's legal because he was trying to strip it, or late hits on the QB are legal because they were trying to get a sack.

vCash

It reads to me like, you can't punch the ball. Oh, unless you're trying to strip it. Umm, what other reason would there be?

Then it says it would be a legal act of STRIPPING the ball. What if he just punches him in the shoulder. He didn't make an act of stripping the ball......

vCash
    I'll do it. I'm probably the one non Bears fan who can do it and not get brutally murdered. I'm about to take a smoke break and I'll do it.
    awww *****... get ready!! it's gonna be a hell ride!

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 17 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    It reads to me like, you can't punch the ball. Oh, unless you're trying to strip it. Umm, what other reason would there be?

Then it says it would be a legal act of STRIPPING the ball. What if he just punches him in the shoulder. He didn't make an act of stripping the ball......
    Player is on the ground and gets up with the ball in his hands and then you punch it out because your pissed.

Player is walking to the refs and you want to have a few more seconds tick so you knock the ball out of his hands as he hands the ball to the refs...

its more of a don't be a ***** after the play rule.

vCash
    Player is on the ground and gets up with the ball in his hands and then you punch it out because your pissed.
    How does it insinuate anything about after the player is down or the play is over? It doesn't.

vCash
    How does it insinuate anything about after the player is down or the play is over? It doesn't.
    It does by the phrase unless the player is going for a strip...going for a strip means the play is still alive, anything not going for a strip means the play is dead.

vCash
    Need Goodell's email!
    http://nflcommunications.com

cant get it to load, not sure it's what we need.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 17 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    It does by the phrase unless the player is going for a strip...going for a strip means the play is still alive, anything not going for a strip means the play is dead.
    I just don't think that's how it is meant at all.

If they wanted it that way, they could have cleaned up the wording far easier. I'd bet anything there's a rule in the rulebook talking about the act you're bringing up being illegal. If it was about the play being dead, it wouldn't be about illegal use of hands. It would be some post play penalty. They wouldn't get an illegal use of hands penalty for knocking a ball out after the play........

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast