Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,762
    vCash
    1500
    Yandle's really overrated. I've been saying this for some time now. His defense is like REALLY bad. It's almost Wideman bad, not as bad, but pretty close.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Yandle's really overrated. I've been saying this for some time now. His defense is like REALLY bad. It's almost Wideman bad, not as bad, but pretty close.
    He plays with Larsson, If his D was really that bad would he be lined up with a 20 years old who can't play D?
    & he only allowed 66 goals against, thats good for someone who played over 1,800 minutes a year
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-07-2012 at 05:16 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,762
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    He plays with Larsson, If his D was really that bad would he be lined up with a 20 years old who can't play D?
    & he only allowed 66 goals against, thats good for someone who played over 1,800 minutes a year
    Larsson can't play D???...... wow that's so unbelieveably wrong that I don't even think the enquirer would post that lol.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    565
    vCash
    1500
    he's from milton?!

    bring 'em on down!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,974
    vCash
    1500
    Homie we can all tell you have no idea what you're talking about.... Look at the stats. If Wideman was so bad why would he always kill penalties on every team he's ever been on ? He's better than Lasson defensively.... Pretty clearly

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,762
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Homie we can all tell you have no idea what you're talking about.... Look at the stats. If Wideman was so bad why would he always kill penalties on every team he's ever been on ? He's better than Lasson defensively.... Pretty clearly
    refer to Matt Carle thread.


    and everybody here knows you are the only person who ever thought Wideman was good defensively.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,505
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Homie we can all tell you have no idea what you're talking about.... Look at the stats. If Wideman was so bad why would he always kill penalties on every team he's ever been on ? He's better than Lasson defensively.... Pretty clearly
    Because they didn't have anybody better to do it?

    Since they are paying him about 5 million might aswell get the most out of him

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    refer to Matt Carle thread.


    and everybody here knows you are the only person who ever thought Wideman was good defensively.
    Yes and everyone knows you can't possibly read someone's whole body of work in a thread before responding to it stupidly.

    Seguin has said, repeatedly mind you, that Yandle's defense is not much better than Wideman's. That is it, not that Wideman is better at defense, not that he thinks personally that Wideman plays good defense, he is only saying that Yandle plays defense on par with Wideman.

    Since they are similar defensively, he is raising a question as to how Yandle will be welcomed in Boston given our very primitive fanbase's ability to understand that an offensive defenseman is a specialist, not an all around star who can play in every facet of the game.

    So again, before responding to ignorantly to someone you may or not personally like, try reading the entire thread. There are a lot of big words but you will manage... maybe

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Because they didn't have anybody better to do it?

    Since they are paying him about 5 million might aswell get the most out of him
    So I am not confused as to what you mean, are you suggesting that every team Wideman has been on, did not possess good enough penalty killing defenseman on their roster and this is what caused Wideman to play on the PK? This is how I am interpreting this so if I am wrong please say so.

    If you are in fact suggesting that the teams Wideman has played for made him kill penalties because of the lack of "anyone better" than that is complete and utter bull****

    St. Louis: Bryce Salvador, Barrett Jackman, Eric Brewer

    Boston: Zdeno Chara, Aaron Ward, Andrew Ference, Mark Stuart, Dennis Seidenberg

    Florida: Mike Weaver, Jason Garrison... **** it you can have Florida

    Washington: Scott Hannan, John Carlson, Jeff Schultz, Karl Alzner, Mike Green. (what is remarkable about Washington that year was that every defenseman on the roster averaged the same amount of SHTOI per game)

    He is now heading to Calgary where they have plenty of Penalty Killing defensemen on their roster. Jay Bouwmeester, Mark Giordano, Chris Butler.

    Wideman has played within the top three in penalty kill time per game on every team accept St Louis, all of which were above average PK's. Maybe Wideman's positioning isn't great, but he is not the disaster on skates everyone makes him out to be

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,777
    vCash
    1500
    Wideman definitely got a raw deal from the fans. Not even debatable. I'll admit I hammered him several times IN FRUSTRATION DURING GAMES, but he was by no means a bad player/defensmen and he is ten times the player Corvo/Kaberle were for us. He was the victim of occasional epic gaffs that turned right into goals for the other team and never lived it down.


    "I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,777
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    So I am not confused as to what you mean, are you suggesting that every team Wideman has been on, did not possess good enough penalty killing defenseman on their roster and this is what caused Wideman to play on the PK? This is how I am interpreting this so if I am wrong please say so.

    If you are in fact suggesting that the teams Wideman has played for made him kill penalties because of the lack of "anyone better" than that is complete and utter bull****

    St. Louis: Bryce Salvador, Barrett Jackman, Eric Brewer

    Boston: Zdeno Chara, Aaron Ward, Andrew Ference, Mark Stuart, Dennis Seidenberg

    Florida: Mike Weaver, Jason Garrison... **** it you can have Florida

    Washington: Scott Hannan, John Carlson, Jeff Schultz, Karl Alzner, Mike Green. (what is remarkable about Washington that year was that every defenseman on the roster averaged the same amount of SHTOI per game)

    He is now heading to Calgary where they have plenty of Penalty Killing defensemen on their roster. Jay Bouwmeester, Mark Giordano, Chris Butler.

    Wideman has played within the top three in penalty kill time per game on every team accept St Louis, all of which were above average PK's. Maybe Wideman's positioning isn't great, but he is not the disaster on skates everyone makes him out to be
    While I TOTALLY AGREE with your point, only two of the teams you listed had more than 3 better PKers. Doesn't that support Bleeders point?


    "I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    While I TOTALLY AGREE with your point, only two of the teams you listed had more than 3 better PKers. Doesn't that support Bleeders point?
    No it doesn't because he said:

    Because they didn't have anybody better to do it?
    Which means he is implying that Wideman only played on the PK because all of the teams he had played for prior had absolutely no one better than him to kill penalties.

    He was trying to suggest to Seguin that the only way Wideman was a PKer was because he was the absolute last resort. This is at least how I took it.

    Also, Christian Backman had more SHTOI per game than Wideman during his St. Louis days but I doubted anyone would know who he was so I chose to ignore him.

    I also gave Bleeder Florida as the only real team that supported his argument.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention Calgary in this post. Wideman is expected to be (and paid like) a top four defenseman so obviously Calgary believes he can be a guy who sees minutes in all situations. In this case it isn't because the Flames have no one better, but because they think Wideman can be that type of guy for them.
    Last edited by The Top Shelfer; 09-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Larsson can't play D???...... wow that's so unbelieveably wrong that I don't even think the enquirer would post that lol.
    Larrson had 16 PPGA with 117 SH minutes
    Wideman had 15 PPGA with 158 SH minutes

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Westborough, Massachusetts
    Posts
    19,265
    vCash
    8300
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Larrson had 16 PPGA with 117 SH minutes
    Wideman had 15 PPGA with 158 SH minutes
    Larsson's improvement and development happened over the course of the season. Get back to me after you check their ice times in the playoffs and how much each team had to depend on the respective players.

    Yandle is ultimately expendable because Ekman-Larsson developed into a top pairing guy.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

    PSD's Zdeno Chara

    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010



    Yeti FTW

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fall River/Fitchburg
    Posts
    3,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    Larsson's improvement and development happened over the course of the season. Get back to me after you check their ice times in the playoffs and how much each team had to depend on the respective players.

    Yandle is ultimately expendable because Ekman-Larsson developed into a top pairing guy.
    This

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •