Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Krejci for Yandle in the works?

I would do this deal in a second. Serves a huge weakness of ours while dealing from our position of surplus.

http://www.csnne.com/09/04/12/Source...53&feedID=3352

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    I would do this deal in a second. Serves a huge weakness of ours while dealing from our position of surplus.

http://www.csnne.com/09/04/12/Source...53&feedID=3352

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    x2

vCash
    Would much rather see something like

Boychuk + Caron + Pick

for

Yandle

If you bring in Yandle and don't ship anyone out then you have a log jam

Chara - Yandle
    Seids - Boychuk
    Ference - McQuaid
    Hamilton - Krug

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    7GP / 1G / 6A / +9

vCash
    That wouldn't come close to getting Yandle unless they're shipping off because of his salary. Caron would be worthless to them, they need a top line center, which means if Yandle comes , Bergy, Krejci or Seguin is gone.

I don't see it happening for a while longer. I really don't think the bruins are looking to trade Krejci at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Would much rather see something like

Boychuk + Caron + Pick

for

Yandle

If you bring in Yandle and don't ship anyone out then you have a log jam

Chara - Yandle
    Seids - Boychuk
    Ference - McQuaid
    Hamilton - Krug
    no one wants that package for a top defenseman, put yourself in their shoes, would you honestly want that for Yandle?

vCash
    Krejci and Boychuk more like it

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyNick View Post
    no one wants that package for a top defenseman, put yourself in their shoes, would you honestly want that for Yandle?
    depends on what you're giving me for a pick

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    7GP / 1G / 6A / +9

vCash
    I have been on the Yandle bus for some time now. I highly doubt it is going to happen but who knows.

If they deal Krejci they could always play Peverley at the second line center position until they believe Seguin to be ready. I can not reiterate enough as to how underrated Peverley is around here and how damned good he was last season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    depends on what you're giving me for a pick
    It could be a first or a 7th Phoenix sill says no. Boychuk doesn't help them that much, thy have enough defenseman on the roster and a few good youngsters. I'll stop short of calling Caron a dime a dozen prospect, but he doesn't have much/any value in a trade for Yandle.

As an aside, and I always love to make te comparisons to former Bruins who were booed out of the town. Wideman is a better defensively and Bruins fans didn't like his defense..... Anyone have a clue how bad Yandle is defensively? I really don't know what it is, do Bruins fans know nothing about other players, or what? For the record I'm not calling anyone out at all, I just think its hilarious how Bruins fans run one guy out of town for having a "weakness" yet clamor for the team to add similar players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    It could be a first or a 7th Phoenix sill says no. Boychuk doesn't help them that much, thy have enough defenseman on the roster and a few good youngsters. I'll stop short of calling Caron a dime a dozen prospect, but he doesn't have much/any value in a trade for Yandle.

As an aside, and I always love to make te comparisons to former Bruins who were booed out of the town. Wideman is a better defensively and Bruins fans didn't like his defense..... Anyone have a clue how bad Yandle is defensively? I really don't know what it is, do Bruins fans know nothing about other players, or what? For the record I'm not calling anyone out at all, I just think its hilarious how Bruins fans run one guy out of town for having a "weakness" yet clamor for the team to add similar players
    To me Yandle is better defensively than the guys you mentioned or that are being mentioned except maybe Wideman. I myself would take Yandle's D over Widemans but that is my opinion, just like yours is Wideman

I didn't hate Wideman, never did. I actually liked him a lot. I liked Kaberle too but I was one of the few, his defense was weak but he did help out IMO. Corvo blew, I knew he would and he did. I actually (along with Shaiza) got S**T for saying nobody was going to like Corvo here when they got him haha.

The point of their acquisition of Yandle would be to play him with Chara. Chara would make him better by default. We have seen this time and time again. Playing with Z always seems to bring out the best in defensemen. Is this a good enough argument? I honestly don't know, I think it is because it would fit a need. Yandle and Hamilton would help the Bruins transition game significantly IMO and while the defense may weaken just a tad, I believe it would be worth it.

It really depends on how we are looking at Yandle, as a savior? You are probably looking at disappointment. As a guy with the best offensive abilities from the back-end that the Bruins have had in quite some time? I believe that to be the case

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    To me Yandle is better defensively than the guys you mentioned or that are being mentioned except maybe Wideman. I myself would take Yandle's D over Widemans but that is my opinion, just like yours is Wideman
    I didn't mean bad as in I thought he was awful, I was trying to phrase it like "if you thought Widemans d was bad, how can you not think Yandles is?"

I do agree Yandle is better positionally than Wideman but I do think you need to be alarmed at how little time he spends on the ice shorthanded.

As for the rest, I agree and if I wasn't on my phone I'd elaborate more.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Seguin;23528351]
    I didn't mean bad as in I thought he was awful, I was trying to phrase it like "if you thought Widemans d was bad, how can you not think Yandles is?"
    I see what you mean now and I agree.

I do agree Yandle is better positionally than Wideman but I do think you need to be alarmed at how little time he spends on the ice shorthanded.
    This is true but in all honesty, in today's NHL, you don't need every defenseman in your core to kill penalties. The Bruins have a boatload of guys who can kill penalties and who knows? Maybe Claude Julien and the team system can help improve his defensive game to the point where he could.

I think we are on the same page here

vCash
    Can we get a brochure of Phoenix,AZ to the Thomas residence??

vCash
    He just won't work

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast