Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    updates -

The NHL and NHLPA will meet in New York on Wednesday to try to hammer out a new CBA ahead of the Sept. 15 deadline.
    A lockout might be around the corner, so these talks are especially important. The union is scheduled to have their own meeting on Wednesday afterward that is expected to be attended by more than 250 players, while the board of governors are set to discuss matters on Thursday at the NHL offices.

vCash
    This is the kinda thing that makes you realize just how powerless you are as a fan. You just have to sit around while insanely rich people discuss what they can or can't do with their pocket change.

vCash
    I really....really thought the league and the players were smarter than this.

2nd lockout in 8 years. What a ****ing joke.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I really....really thought the league and the players were smarter than this.

2nd lockout in 8 years. What a ****ing joke.
    Honesty, I think we can thank the NFL and the NBA for it.. The NHL Owners see what the owners of NFL and NBA teams got in their latest CBAs, and the NHL owners want a piece of that pie.
    As NHL fans, we are gonna get screwed over because the NHL's CBA was the last to expire with all 3 expiring close to each other.

vCash
    I started a facebook page that is aimed at having all fans not attend the first post lockout game. The fans are currently being used as the leverage point for Bettman. Like and share the page to attempt at showing the league our frustrations as fans.

http://www.facebook.com/NHLpostlockoutboycott

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip25 View Post
    I started a facebook page that is aimed at having all fans not attend the first post lockout game. The fans are currently being used as the leverage point for Bettman. Like and share the page to attempt at showing the league our frustrations as fans.

http://www.facebook.com/NHLpostlockoutboycott
    Because the players aren't using the fans as leverage too......

Face it. Neither side cares outside of the fact we're the only reason any of them make any money.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    ^ Great point 1908 Cubs

Either way, if the arena's are a little less full on the first game back a message will be sent by the fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Because the players aren't using the fans as leverage too......

Face it. Neither side cares outside of the fact we're the only reason any of them make any money.
    I guess he hasnt seen the videos that Crosby and Toews did going on about how this isnt what they want and that they just want want to play because they love the game. Guess you just dont quite love it enough for that 100 million dollar extension to be enoguh money eh Sid?

vCash
    The thing that pisses me off most about the players is that they /are/ willing to play for less.

They are doing it right now in Europe, and they took the job of some guy who needed that paycheck a hell of a lot more. While I think the owners are being greedy here, the players are making themselves look douchy by going overseas to play for chump change when they are not willing to play for chump change at home.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I wouldn't expect nothing less from a passionate Flyers fan when it comes to getting answers for this stupid strike that's STILL lingering....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3751--nhl.html

vCash
    ugh... great!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld:

The Flyers could be in rough shape if the new CBA imposes contract-variance limits.
    This seems like an inevitability in order to prevent teams from circumventing the cap. Over the last seven years, the Flyers, the biggest culprit, have given out 22 major deals, with only seven conforming to a 20 percent variance. In fact, the average on the 15 contracts is 30.2 percent. The Flyers' worst contract was that given to Chris Pronger: a seven-year, $34.45 million pact signed when he was 35. It began with a $7.6 million salary and would end with $525,000 over its last two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    ugh... great!
    buyout briere. His regular season was pretty poor last year

lol bryz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12