Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Compliance buyout clause

The new compliance buyout clause in the CBA gives us hope that Bryzgalov will be gone next season!!! YEAH for that!

vCash
    It's great to have this game back on track.. Based on reports up here, seems like this is a great agreement for flyer fans, 2 amnesty options over 2 years (if I read correctly). Folks, Bipolar Bryz will be no more if he continues to implode. Other candidate, unfortunately, would be Pronger-sad end to a great career. Already looking into getting my pair of tix when the flyers come up here, hopefully see some of you at those games! BTW...still hating the Luke Schenn for JVR deal, you will see what Schenn really is (watched enough of him) and wish Holmgren held back-OVERRATED by his draft number!

vCash
    Does Pronger's contact really hurt us? He is on long term IR. His money does not count against the cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homer2680 View Post
    Does Pronger's contact really hurt us? He is on long term IR. His money does not count against the cap.
    It does over the summer. No IR over summer and you still have to be cap compliant by a certain percentage.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    pronger's cap hit can only be of benefit at the deadline, that money would otherwise be tied at free agency. Would love a miracle to see him play but doesn't seem likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    The new compliance buyout clause in the CBA gives us hope that Bryzgalov will be gone next season!!! YEAH for that!
    more like see if the March 2012 Bryz can be around more often, thats best possible scenario for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by im_cruzin View Post
    BTW...still hating the Luke Schenn for JVR deal, you will see what Schenn really is (watched enough of him) and wish Holmgren held back-OVERRATED by his draft number!
    We wont know for a couple years, but its the progression and proper usage of Schenn vs the inconsistency of JVR, no idea who will be the winner/loser yet. If Luke Schenn turns out to be one step better then Grossmann, then I think its a no brainer.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    more like see if the March 2012 Bryz can be around more often, thats possible scenario for this team.

We wont know for a couple years, but its the progression and proper usage of Schenn vs the inconsistency of JVR, no idea who will be the winner/loser yet. If Luke Schenn turns out to be one step better then Grossmann, then I think its a no brainer.
    I hope Laviolette can get that top 5 potential out of him too but I saw enough giveaways and poor positioning to shake my head at the deal right now. I know JVR had consistency issues but he was held back by injury, I also think he was never really given that fair chance with this team. If he was healthy and placed with giroux, that skill set is 35-40 annually. But lets hope Luke can be that d-end rock...I will surely see enough JVR here and hear it from my friends if he does put up 40 goals. They will use him on the top line!

vCash
    I hope Laviolette can get that top 5 potential out of him too but I saw enough giveaways and poor positioning to shake my head at the deal right now. I know JVR had consistency issues but he was held back by injury, I also think he was never really given that fair chance with this team. If he was healthy and placed with giroux, that skill set is 35-40 annually. But lets hope Luke can be that d-end rock...I will surely see enough JVR here and hear it from my friends if he does put up 40 goals. They will use him on the top line!
    I think the problem with Toronto fans and Schenn was they were expecting a Pronger Jr. They want him skating, passing, starting rushes, leading, everything. In Philly, we are perfectly content with him destroying opposing forwards as they stand in our crease, and the occassional right handed shot from the point, and we're good.

And Lavy always hated JVR. He benched him in favor of Carcillo in the cup finals. Lavy wants nothing but 2way forwards that never quit skating, which JVR is very very far from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I think the problem with Toronto fans and Schenn was they were expecting a Pronger Jr. They want him skating, passing, starting rushes, leading, everything. In Philly, we are perfectly content with him destroying opposing forwards as they stand in our crease, and the occassional right handed shot from the point, and we're good.

And Lavy always hated JVR. He benched him in favor of Carcillo in the cup finals. Lavy wants nothing but 2way forwards that never quit skating, which JVR is very very far from.
    Actually, he was projected to be Adam Footesque when they picked him, no slick skating expected at all from the kid. up here, the knock from fans and media alike is he doesn't play smart hockey. We will hate his crushing hits when he puts himself out position causing multiple 2 on 1 on Bryz...can't have too many of those on that nut bar, another excuse for him to suck lol.

How was your off season Randall?

vCash
    when will the new schedule be released?

vCash
    How was your off season Randall?
    Like any Philly sports fan will tell you, WAY TOO LONG

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    when will the new schedule be released?
    all I know is season should start Jan 15 (50 games) or Jan 19 (48 games), and the only Eastern vs Western conference game will be the cup finals
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-06-2013 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    It's finally here! About god damn time boys.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    On L. Schenn: I think, not only will he play better on the Flyers, but he will motivate and be motivated by his brother. I remember a couple stories/quotes from B. Schenn about how they would call each other after games and compare hits/goals/plays.

On the buyouts: I think we will use it on Bryz (for sure). No on Pronger because we can just bury him with the LTIR. The offseason cap issue is not so integral. We can make the moves necessary to make sure offseason acquisitions go as planned. The other buyout could be Briere actually. With a 6.5 million Annual cap hit and his increasing injury status and decreasing production, we could see him go this offseason via trade (since his actual salary is 3m and his hit is 6.5m) to a cap floor team or that buyout used. I just think we could use that extra 6.5 to get a lot better (plus Giroux is due for a raise here before Briere's contract is up).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    On L. Schenn: I think, not only will he play better on the Flyers, but he will motivate and be motivated by his brother. I remember a couple stories/quotes from B. Schenn about how they would call each other after games and compare hits/goals/plays.

On the buyouts: I think we will use it on Bryz (for sure). No on Pronger because we can just bury him with the LTIR. The offseason cap issue is not so integral. We can make the moves necessary to make sure offseason acquisitions go as planned. The other buyout could be Briere actually. With a 6.5 million Annual cap hit and his increasing injury status and decreasing production, we could see him go this offseason via trade (since his actual salary is 3m and his hit is 6.5m) to a cap floor team or that buyout used. I just think we could use that extra 6.5 to get a lot better (plus Giroux is due for a raise here before Briere's contract is up).
    I see what you mean with this contract but I think there is two more years left...if I'm wrong, correct mw. Briere you maintain his leadership and you get something out of it, unlike Pronger's. Also, Pronger will not go into long term until the puck drops to start the season, so his approx 5 mil is on the books when the team is out recruiting free agents. It will only do good at the trade deadline to pick-up a big contract for the stretch run but will have to get under the cap in the off season (i expect this team to spend to almost max). It is idle cap space for about 5 more years, best to rid of it and swallow briere for about 2 mil more for only 2 years.

Just my opinion! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post

see I also looked at Briere's cap number and thought, hmm maybe he would go?

But Timonen's 6.3 million comes off in time for Giroux's raise. HOWEVER, Read, Couturier, and Brayden Schenn will need new contracts before Briere's up. Because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if Briere is bought out, kind of similar to the departure of Leclaire after the last CBA was passed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast