Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    4 games seems alittle extreme for a first time affender. I still have no idea what he did lol.
    Adding on to what otto said, the whole reason he wasn't suspended was because they weren't sure how to classify it. Apparently it can mask certain PEDs, so it can be labeled as a PED. However, Haden was claiming it was recreational use, which means the first offense is a written warning. So the NFL was trying to figure out how to proceed with the case before ruling on the appeal.

vCash
    Usama Young has been promoted into the Browns' starting lineup at free safety, displacing Eric Hagg.
    Hagg was victimized on Bengals WR Brandon Tate's 44-yard touchdown pass in Week 2 and also missed a tackle. The depth chart change still says more about Hagg's struggles than Young as an expected upgrade. Young nearly lost his roster spot in training camp to undrafted free agent rookie Tashaun Gipson.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Browns promoted WR Josh Cooper from their practice squad.
    Travis Benjamin tried to practice Friday, but was "very limited." The Browns are down to Greg Little, Josh Gordon, and Josh Cribbs at wide receiver. Cooper, a college temmate of Brandon Weeden, is expected to see snaps in the slot versus the Bengals. He's not a fantasy option until proven otherwise.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Thad Lewis was waived.

vCash
    Norwood got hit with the "designated for return tag." He is out a minimum of practice a minimum of 6 weeks and can't be activated to the roster until 8 weeks from now. Time to see what we have with Cooper.

vCash
    I think Cooper will get 6 catches for 53 yds.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Report: Scott Fujita has neck injury that may be career-ending

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 15, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT

Browns linebacker Scott Fujita may have played the last game of his NFL career.

Fujita has a neck injury that could be career-ending, and he may never play another game, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports.

That news comes as a major surprise. Fujita missed Sunday’s game against the Bengals with what the team called a shoulder injury, but he had played in four straight games before that, and there have been no previous reports that Fujita’s career could be in jeopardy.

The 33-year-old Fujita is currently embroiled in a fight with the NFL over his suspension in the league’s investigation of the Saints’ bounty program. The league initially suspended him for three games before cutting his suspension to one game. He is appealing that one-game suspension, and he is still eligible to play at least until his appeal is heard.

But now comes the possibility that Fujita may never play again, ending an 11-year career that has seen Fujita play for the Chiefs, Cowboys, Saints and Browns.
    profootballtalk.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    profootballtalk.com
    Sad to hear about Fuj as he wasn't the greatest player when he came here as it was the downpart of his career but he was a very good locker room guy. Moving forward the Brownies will just go with their rotation of JMJ/Robertson like they did last week against Cincy and hopefully JMJ can continue to improve with the more experience and Robertson can continue to play passing downs well. Can't have anymore LB's go down this year though unless they make a trade/signing for depth.

vCash
    The Plain Dealer calls Trent Richardson's (ribs) Week 7 status "uncertain."
    Richardson avoided fractures and has been listed as day to day with a "rib cartilage" injury. His ability to play against the Colts Sunday could come down to a matter of pain tolerance. If Richardson can't go, Montario Hardesty would draw the start in this plus matchup.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...ent-richardson

vCash
    Trent Richardson (ribs) is practicing Wednesday.
    Per coach Pat Shurmur, Richardson is "doing great." It sounds like the pain from Sunday's rib cartilage damage has subsided already. Richardson now appears on track to suit up against the Colts Sunday, probably wearing flak jacket. Montario Hardesty remains simple insurance.
    Mohamed Massaquoi (hamstring) and Travis Benjamin (hamstring) will practice Wednesday.
    Josh Gordon's snaps were already limited while Massaquoi and Benjamin were sidelined. Their likely return will relegate him to a strict situational deep threat role. Even against the Colts' leaky pass defense, fantasy owners should steer clear of Browns' pass-catchers.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Good news on all fronts. Hopefully T-Rich can gash a pretty horendous Colts D like Shonn Greene did last week for NYJ or Shurmurs will be an idiot.

Also good news on the WR front. Hopefully they keep Cooper up with Norwood out and have a base 6 man WR pool of Little/MoMass/Gordon/Benjamin/Cooper/Cribbs with Cameron getting more playing time at TE. Hopefully Shurmur can find a way to use everyone to their talents and get the most of them as Weeds showed last week that he does have the ability to spread the ball around.

And for all the hate I have on Little for his hands and catching the ball that still doesn't stop him from holding and laying some really nice blocks during the game I have noticed.

vCash
    Yeah Little really had a solid all around game last week. He's been a monster blocker and he actually held onto the ball. It's going to be interesting to see how they rotate guys in and out. Gordon has definitely earned his starting spot and should stay there for the rest of the year.

vCash
    @RuiterWrongFAN: #Browns "not sure" why Greg Little isn't at practice
    Interesting... second time in 2 weeks we're not sure why we're missing a player who is supposed to be a starter? The first thing Jimmy needs to do is actually take control of the PR department and get rid of everyone in that department as these people seem to be idiots.

vCash
    The Canton Repository expects Josh Gordon to emerge as "the top dog" among Browns receivers the rest of the season.
    Coach Pat Shurmur assured that Gordon will maintain a prominent role with Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin returning this week. Although we remain skeptical that Gordon can keep getting behind defenses for deep touchdowns with a limited route tree, he's inarguably the Browns receiver to roster in fantasy leagues.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    I hope Jason Pinkston is going to be ok with his blood clot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I hope Jason Pinkston is going to be ok with his blood clot.
    I had heard it was in his leg initially, now I keep seeing his lung. I really hope it is his leg, huge difference. With a Pulmonary Embolism (PE) there is a much longer recovery time, as well as being severely more fatal. When you have a blood clot in your leg they are able to give medication to break up the clot and thin the blood while also using assistive devices to promote circulation. When you are dealing with the lungs you only have the medications. Plus, it is extremely difficult to even breathe due to the pain. Due to this it can take a very long time to get your endurance back following a PE. There is also the risk that the clot could break off and move to the left side of the heart and cause a heart attack.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast