Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Roto
    Open spot now for Taylor without having to cut anyone.

Also:

Adam Caplan ‏ @ caplannfl
    # Browns worked out DE Hall Davis and LB Ricky Elmore earlier this week.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playe...01/ricky-elmore

http://www.rotoworld.com/playe...5922/hall-davis

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Links are not working. I never have heard of the guys though anyways.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Browns NT Phil Taylor (torn pectoral, PUP) expects to make his 2012 debut Sunday.
    Taylor has yet to be officially activated from the PUP list, but it's a formality at this point. Taylor does not expect to start against the Ravens, instead rotating in. His return will be a huge boost for a defense allowing 131.6 rushing yards per game and 4.4 yards per carry.
    roto

vCash
    Browns WR Mohamed Massaquoi (hamstring) is practicing in full this week.
    This a good sign that Massaquoi will be ready to return after weeks of limited practice and not playing since Week 3. When he returns, Massaquoi will likely play a situational role behind Josh Gordon and Greg Little. He's off the fantasy radar.
    Brandon Weeden is listed on the Week 9 injury report with groin and thigh issues, but is practicing in full.
    Weeden's taken some big hits this season, but has yet to miss a practice. Averaging 256.3 yards per game since his disastrous Week 1, Weeden is locked in as an every-week QB2.
    Trent Richardson (ribs/chest) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
    It's not surprising after Richardson carried the ball 24 times in Sunday's win. Richardson could remain limited on Thursday, but coach Pat Shurmur confirmed Monday he escaped Sunday's win without further injury. He'll be a borderline RB1 against the Ravens' leaky run defense.
    roto

vCash
    The Browns today activated Brian Sanford to the roster from the practice squad. Sanford's promotion fills the roster vacancy left by placing Scott Fujita on the IR
    scout.com

Browns add Hall Davis to practice squad

Posted 9 hours ago

The Cleveland Browns signed DL Hall Davis to the practice squad, the team announced Wednesday afternoon.

The Cleveland Browns today signed defensive lineman Hall Davis to the practice squad.

Originally drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the fifth round (149th overall) of the 2010 draft, Davis has appeared in one regular season contest. He spent 10 weeks on the Titans’ practice squad in 2010, before being signed to the active roster where he appeared in one game. He spent training camp with Raiders this season before being waived on final roster cuts on August 31. A two-year starter at Louisiana-Lafayette, he totaled three sacks and one interception in 12 games as a senior. Born March 2, 1987, the 6-4, 270-pound Davis is a native of Baton Rouge, La., where he attended University High School.
    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/...9-8d67be25d5fe

vCash
    I didn't realize Ronnie Cameron, Thad Lewis, and Bryant Browning on our practice squad.

vCash
    Schefter was on Sportscenter and brought up wide receivers that were drawing interest and Massaquoi was one of the receivers he listed. Said he'll be moved for the right price.

vCash
    No one seems ambivalent about TJ Ward. Seems he's either loved or hated. In the case of PFF, they like him. He's 3rd among safeties in tackling efficiency.

No other Browns' DB's are ranked among top or bottom CBs/Ss.

https://www.profootballfocus.c...efficiency-dbs/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    No one seems ambivalent about TJ Ward. Seems he's either loved or hated. In the case of PFF, they like him. He's 3rd among safeties in tackling efficiency.

No other Browns' DB's are ranked among top or bottom CBs/Ss.

https://www.profootballfocus.c...efficiency-dbs/
    I like Ward, I just don't think right now we provide him with a great fit. Like I said in another thread, if you pair him with a legitimate FS he's an absolute animal. But, he doesn't have any help there. He's asked to stay in coverage more often than not and play out of his comfort zone a bit. I love the attitude he brings our defense though. Definitely a building block in our foundation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I like Ward, I just don't think right now we provide him with a great fit. Like I said in another thread, if you pair him with a legitimate FS he's an absolute animal. But, he doesn't have any help there. He's asked to stay in coverage more often than not and play out of his comfort zone a bit. I love the attitude he brings our defense though. Definitely a building block in our foundation.
    I'm right there with you. I think Young, Hagg and even Adams last year when they played them together really limit his abilities because they are all liabilities in coverage needing Ward to stay back a lot instead of blitzing and roaming which he does very well as well as lining up in the box not having to worry about PA all the time.

I love Josh Gordon and love the experience he is getting this year but I just cant help but miss that 2nd round pick next year with all of the top defensive players in next years draft. I think Eric Reid out of LSU could fall to the 2nd round which I would love as a FS in this upcoming draft. Throw in a Dee Miliner or Xavier Rhodes in the first and that secondary would be scary for years as well as allowing the front 7 to blitz more with Gocung, DQ and JMJ once they all get healthy next year hopefully. I could deal with Rucker and Parker on the other side of Sheard for another year with that secondary. Oh always looking to next year. Its like engraved in my Cleveland Sports loving blood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I'm right there with you. I think Young, Hagg and even Adams last year when they played them together really limit his abilities because they are all liabilities in coverage needing Ward to stay back a lot instead of blitzing and roaming which he does very well as well as lining up in the box not having to worry about PA all the time.

I love Josh Gordon and love the experience he is getting this year but I just cant help but miss that 2nd round pick next year with all of the top defensive players in next years draft. I think Eric Reid out of LSU could fall to the 2nd round which I would love as a FS in this upcoming draft. Throw in a Dee Miliner or Xavier Rhodes in the first and that secondary would be scary for years as well as allowing the front 7 to blitz more with Gocung, DQ and JMJ once they all get healthy next year hopefully. I could deal with Rucker and Parker on the other side of Sheard for another year with that secondary. Oh always looking to next year. Its like engraved in my Cleveland Sports loving blood.
    I agree. Gordon was definitely worth it but it's going to suck not having the 2nd rounder this year with the amount of depth this draft has. Perhaps we could trade back and pick up a 2nd rounder in the process. Obviously tough to say right now because we don't know how we'll finish. Hopefully we win enough games to take that option away though

vCash
    I deff think if we are stiing top 5-7 you could see us move down if someone needs a QB or has another player rated big on their board that they have to have.

vCash
    I honestly think if Gordon was in the 2013 draft, he would be first round talent. So, it's almost like we traded our 2013 2nd draft pick for a 2013 1st round pick. Thats a good trade. In order to trade down from 5-7 to the second round would move us into the 15-17 range I think. I am not sure if that would be wise.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Browns – Did not participate in practice: CB Dimitri Patterson (ankle), DT Ahtyba Rubin (calf) and DE Brian Sanford (knee). Limited participation in practice: LB D’Qwell Jackson (foot/toe), DE Juqua Parker (knee), RB Trent Richardson (chest/rib), S Ray Ventrone (hand/calf) and SS T.J. Ward (hand/shoulder). Full participation in practice: CB Johnson Bademosi (hip), S Tashaun Gipson (knee), DT John Hughes (arm), LB James-Michael Johnson (knee/groin), RG Shawn Lauvao (groin), WR Mohamed Massaquoi (hamstring), RB Chris Ogbonnaya (chest/ribs), DE Frostee Rucker (shoulder/toe), G Jarrod Shaw (illness), QB Brandon Weeden (groin/thigh) and LS Christian Yount (shoulder).

Ravens – Did not participate in practice: DE Pernell McPhee (thigh) and DT Haloti Ngata (shoulder/knee). Limited participation in practice: WR Jacoby Jones (foot) and CB Jimmy Smith (abs). Full participation in practice: CB Chykie Brown (ankle), TE Ed Dickson (hand), LB Dannell Ellerbe (hand), S James Ihedigbo (hand), DT Ma’ake Kemoeatu (knee), OT Bryant McKinnie (thigh), OT Michael Oher (ankle), OT Kelechi Osemele (ankle), S Bernard Pollard (chest), S Ed Reed (shoulder/chest), LB Terrell Suggs (ankle) and G Marshal Yanda (shoulder).
    http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...eport-1.346896

vCash
    Browns DT Ahtyba Rubin (calf) is expected to be sidelined through Cleveland's Week 10 bye.
    The Browns will continue to start rookies Billy Winn and John Hughes at defensive tackle. It's unclear whether Phil Taylor (pectoral) will be activated from PUP in time for Sunday's game against the Ravens. Rubin's absence will be felt in run defense. He has 21 tackles and one sack through six starts.
    roto

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast