Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the current keeper costs and requirements?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not have any problems with the current keeper costs or requirements.

7 58.33%
  • I have a problem with 1a and/or 1b.

0 0%
  • I have a problem with 2a and/or 2b.

0 0%
  • I have a problem with 3a and/or 3b.

0 0%
  • I have a problem with 4a, 4b, and/or 4c.

3 25.00%
  • Abstain.

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Dfan25's Auction League: Keeper Requirements

Current owners:

ABTY7 - 4a ; 4b
    BDawk4Prez
    CubbieSteve
    Dfan25
    northsider
    Mell413
    Randall Simon
    RedHeadsRule - 4a ; 4b
    Tehjosha - 4a ; 4b
    Towelie
    StrandedCub
    Yagyu

Green - no issues with keeper costs and requirements.
    Red - issue(s) with keeper costs and requirements.
    Yellow - abstain.

* The abstain option is available should anyone want to defer their judgment/vote to a later date.

Please read the following details, weigh in with a post containing your thoughts, and vote.

If you vote against any of the poll options, please suggest an alternative solution in your post.

Keeper Costs:

1a. The keeper cost proposal passed unanimously and will go into effect as soon as we conclude our 2013 draft next spring. Next season, any player who is dropped, clears waivers, and becomes a free agent will have their keeper cost reduced to $5.

1b. If a player is dropped and claimed off of waivers, then they will retain their auction value. To keep them will require draft price + $3.

2a. Each team will be allowed a maximum of eight keepers.

2b. Drafted players will cost their auction value + $3.

3a. Of the maximum eight possible keepers, each team may keep up to two undrafted players.

3b. Undrafted keepers will cost $5 instead of an additional $3.

Keeper Requirements:

The following plateaus currently have to be met per season.

4a. Hitters require a minimum of 150 AB at the major league level.

4b. Starting pitchers require a minimum of 85 innings pitched at the major league level.

4c. Relief pitchers require a minimum of 25 appearances.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 12-10-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Rostered Players Missing Minimum Requirements

The following are the players on each roster who have yet to reach the minimum AB/IP/G requirements to qualify for keeper eligibility.

Code:
    ABTY7		BDawk4Prez		CubbieSteve		Dfan25		northsider		mell413		Randall Simon		RedHeadsRule		Tehjosha		Towelie		StrandedCub		Yagyu

J. Segura	NA		        K. Hill		        S. Marte	Y. Grandal		C. Kelly	T. Skaggs		NA		        D. Storen		NA		C. Carpenter		V. Martinez
    M. Machado				A.J. Griffin												                        M. Harvey						        B. Anderson
    W. Myers				J. Karstens												                        D. Bundy						
    J. Profar																                                B. Beachy						
    A. Bailey																                                P. Korbin						
    D. Hultzen																                                N. Feliz
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 09-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Not a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind seeing the 4a and 4b requirements lowered a bit.

BDawk, your name is in yellow. It means you stain things.

I'm with RHR. I would like to see the AB/IP requirements lowered, but it's not something that I'm going to complain about if the rest of the league doesn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    Not a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind seeing the 4a and 4b requirements lowered a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehjosha View Post
    I'm with RHR. I would like to see the AB/IP requirements lowered, but it's not something that I'm going to complain about if the rest of the league doesn't agree.
    I have what I feel is a reasonable suggestion, but I need to hear from all members of the league first before I mention it to the commissioner.

ABTY7 needs to vote and the two who have abstained need to write why.

Sorry for the delay fellas...Thoughts on why 4a and 4b should be eliminated/scaled down... While the upper tier teams roll on through the season, setting their line-ups for meaningful matchups, the bottom half has little to nothing to keep them involved- that is, unless they can snatch up as many high upside guys as they feel comfortable with to hopefully start the following season with...

Honestly, I feel it would be more prudent to go off of how long a player is actually used by an owner than said player's MLB service time. Example: Not only did I pick up Machado, but I've had him in my line-up almost everyday while a guy like Will Myers has been merely holding down a bench spot... certainly open to discussion...
    Last edited by ABTY7; 09-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Nope