Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

John Farrell/Red Sox

Why do Red Sox keep going after John Farrell? Who is under contract to another club. With so many other top manager candidates available? Why not Dave Martinez? Joe Madden's under study in Tampa. Mike Maddux? Former Boston pitcher who done a great job in Texas. Ryan Sandberg? Phillies triple A manager and Hall of Famer. If they want experience what about a Bob Melvin or Gene Lamont?

Wasn't Farrell a respected pitching coach for Boston for several years? I'm sure if thats the case they'd at least try to get him back. I think a lot of people underrate the importance of finding the right manager. If the Red Sox thinks he can be the right guy, its probably worth giving off a decent prospect or so to get him, if the Jays will agree to something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Why do Red Sox keep going after John Farrell? Who is under contract to another club. With so many other top manager candidates available? Why not Dave Martinez? Joe Madden's under study in Tampa. Mike Maddux? Former Boston pitcher who done a great job in Texas. Ryan Sandberg? Phillies triple A manager and Hall of Famer. If they want experience what about a Bob Melvin or Gene Lamont?
    Who's to say they aren't looking at other candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Wasn't Farrell a respected pitching coach for Boston for several years? I'm sure if thats the case they'd at least try to get him back. I think a lot of people underrate the importance of finding the right manager. If the Red Sox thinks he can be the right guy, its probably worth giving off a decent prospect or so to get him, if the Jays will agree to something like that.
    Wants to be quite the prospect. Jays will need another manager and aid division rival. Something like Jose Iglesias + Bradley. Any less I wouldn't let Boston talk to him.

Wants to be quite the prospect. Jays will need another manager and aid division rival. Something like Jose Iglesias + Bradley. Any less I wouldn't let Boston talk to him.
    NO manager is worth something like that... Sorry.. No offense to Farrell or the Blue Jays.....

You have proof of this do you? That would be tampering. Or are you just reacting to the Boston media, fans, and a few national guys looking for some reader hits on their web sites.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    NO manager is worth something like that... Sorry.. No offense to Farrell or the Blue Jays.....
    You have to understand where GNick is coming from. He posted this on the Boston Board on the 8th:

This will have nothing to do with Epstein! Toronto won't give Farrell to division rival unless something comes back. He's knows Boston without Farrell Sox won't get 50% of the potential out of Lester, Buckholz, etc... AA won't shoot himself in the foot like that. He's got the Red Sox out of the pennant race with no Farrell.

Red Sox want him bad and any manager who is good won't go there knowing the job will be Farrell's in 2014. Doubt Red Sox will piss away their 2013 season over 1 decent player in return for Farrell. It could be a simple deal like Bard for Lind. Or a major trade involving Raasmus, Ellsbury, etc...

I have asked GNick to explain/justify this 50% assertion several times which he has ignored, even after I supplied the ERA+ of the team in his last year and the year after (2010 & 2011) - both 104.... So much for 50%.

GNick repeated the claim made last year that the Jays wanted Bucchholz for Farrell - which the BRS turned down stone cold. Another meh year by Farrell, with just 2013 left on his contract and the Jays fan thinks that's still reasonable. Of course he would if he believes this 50% claim.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    what he;s worth and what the jays are willing to let him go for don't have to be the same thing, nor do they have to be reasonable
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

As a Blue Jays fan, I wouldnt dare let John Farrell go for cheap. If the Red Sox want him, they better be prepared to OVERPAY for him.

I dont know how many people on here know this, but some Blue Jays fans on this board are suggesting that the price for John Farrel would be Dustin Pedroia. I know its a steep price for a manager, but they have a point.

John Farrell waited for Francona to vacate soon, and instead of waiting around forever for him to leave or get fired/retire, he took action and went to another ball club. I think deep down inside he somewhat regrets leaving Boston. Just the way he is not confirming or denying the rumours is very suspicious to me (ie. all he is saying is..."Im under contract with Toronto.").

Pedroia?

I guess you guys didn't grow up buying/selling collectables in a store or auction - or these days ebay.

Insist on Pedroia and be prepared to get nothing.

Lots of other fish in the sea.

I dont like Farrell. dont mind giving him to boston and hire francona

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Pedroia?

I guess you guys didn't grow up buying/selling collectables in a store or auction - or these days ebay.

Insist on Pedroia and be prepared to get nothing.

Lots of other fish in the sea.
    Would rather get nothing and keep Farrell than help a division rival. If we give him up to the Red Sox, we need to be getting something similar in return. Otherwise there's no point. And you aren't getting him for low A ball spects so don't even suggest that.

This isn't about value, it's about the Jays not letting the Red Sox essentially push them around.

Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Would rather get nothing and keep Farrell than help a division rival. If we give him up to the Red Sox, we need to be getting something similar in return. Otherwise there's no point. And you aren't getting him for low A ball spects so don't even suggest that.
    What negotiating power do the Jays really have? After next season Farrell is free to go wherever he wants. Boston is going to be in transitions next season and probably wont contend for a playoff spot till 2014. Really there are a few options.

1. Try and sign Farrell to an extension
    2. Let him walk after the 2013 season (get nothing)
    3. Trade him to the Sox for spec(s) and get something

If the Jays feel like option #1 is not going to happen the option #3 is the best way to go.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Pedroia? Bradley? Buchholz? That is just laughable. We received RP specs for Theo who currently rank 24th and 42nd in our farm, expect something similar in return.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast