Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    If we are going to play 4-3 then Ninko can't play. If we have a decent replacement for him our D would be tight.
    Also, Ray Lewis thought the Reed tackle was clean????????????????I bet he felt the same way when Merriweather ko'd Heap.
    Even Ed Reed didn't think that tackle was clean. It was by no means intentional, but it wasn't clean.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Why is bequette always inactive? I don't see Nything about injury for him. Preseason he was pretty effective so why not give him a chance?
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Why is bequette always inactive? I don't see Nything about injury for him. Preseason he was pretty effective so why not give him a chance?
    Ninko's certainly not cutting it pressure-wise opposite Jones. I'm thinking we're getting closer to trying out Cunningham and Bequette at that spot while Ninko may become the 4th guy in the LB rotation.

-mooz

vCash
    Revis is out for the season for anyone that hasn't seen it.

vCash
    Get ****ing Danny Woodhead of this god damn team... Please...

vCash
    “I’ve been asked about the situation at the end of the game, so I’m just going to take a couple minutes to explain that, and that will be the end of it,” Belichick said. “On the final kick, after we took the timeout and rushed the kick, from the sideline, I saw the ball go pretty close to the upright. I couldn’t obviously tell from where I was at where exactly it went. But I saw our players waving that it was no good. I saw the officials giving the signal that it was good. I just wasn’t sure from where I was standing whether the ball went over the crossbar, if it was above the upright or in between or not in between the upright.

“By rule, if the ball isn’t over the crossbar, and it’s either inside or outside of the upright, that’s reviewable. If it’s over the crossbar, or over the top of the upright rather, then it’s not reviewable. But I couldn’t tell from my angle when the ball crossed the crossbar where it was. So I didn’t know whether or not that play was going to be under review or whether it wasn’t. So when the game was over, I went out, and I was really looking for an explanation from the officials as to whether or not the play was under review. I did try to get the official’s attention as he was coming off the field to ask that, but I really wasn’t able to do that.

“I’ve coached in this league a long time and never been penalized, never had any incidents with officials or anything like that. I have never meant any disrespect or in any way tried to abuse or be disrespectful to the officials and the job that they do. I’m trying to get an explanation for obviously an important call, play, in that game. That’s the number one thing between coaches and officials. It’s always at the forefront. It’s just communication of what’s going on, of what’s happening.

“As many of you know, I’ve been involved in a game like this before in 2000 here in Foxboro. Johnny Grier was the referee. Drew was trying to throw a pass at the end of the game against Miami. The ball was ruled a fumble. The clock ran out. The game was over. As I was walking off the field with Johnny at that time, I talked to him about, ‘This seems like an incomplete pass. There should be more time on the clock. We should have another play here.’ (He said), ‘No, that’s the ruling. The game is over.’ We go back into the locker room. Ten minutes or so later, Johnny comes back and says they’re reviewing the play. We may have to go back out and finish the game. Five minutes after that, the players got dressed. We came back out for the final play of that game.

“I’ve been through a situation at the end of a game where it’s over but it’s not over, that type of thing. That was really the situation last night. I was trying to get the official’s attention to try to get an explanation on it, and in no way was I ever trying to do anything other than that. I have nothing further to add about that situation, but that’s what happened.”
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...the-officials/

This definitely doesn't warrant a suspension, and in my opinion, a fine wouldn't be necessary either. I see Goodell giving him one though, and initial reports are that he will.
    Last edited by Agar81; 09-24-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    Even Ed Reed didn't think that tackle was clean. It was by no means intentional, but it wasn't clean.
    His point was that he led with his shoulder, so it wasn't "dirty." A flag was appropriate in that situation, but I don't think it is as bad as some Pats fans think.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    His point was that he led with his shoulder, so it wasn't "dirty." A flag was appropriate in that situation, but I don't think it is as bad as some Pats fans think.
    Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood. My apologies. I agree with both of you.

-mooz

vCash
    What's up with gronk , I've only had the chance to watch the pats play once because I live in ny . Is he getting double team or something but I haven't heard much from him in these last two games
    loved by few hated by many respected by all N.E PATS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypatriots View Post
    What's up with gronk , I've only had the chance to watch the pats play once because I live in ny . Is he getting double team or something but I haven't heard much from him in these last two games
    Gronk had to stay and block more due to the line problems. Even though he didn't have a great game as a receiving tight end, he still had a big impact on the game in blocking.

I don't expect this to be an ongoing trend though. Part of it was the Ravens not letting Brady beat them with Gronk as well.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Gronk has to block a lot or Brady gets killed

vCash
    This is a serious question... Do you guys think Danny Woodhead would be on ANYONE else's roster besides ours? The guy is a practice squad player at best.

I can't wait for Ridley to take back the reigns this week.

vCash

Official Patriots Regular Season News Thread

^bagwell and I discussed this in another thread. Basically, he is the backup hurry up/3rd down back, to Vereen. Woodhead has slowed down, and is not as effective as he once was. We need Vereen back healthy, he is bigger, faster, and overall better than Woodhead at this point, minus that fact that he is injured.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    The Patriots made a swap on the back of their roster on Wednesday, signing defensive tackle Terrell McClain and releasing defensive tackle Marcus Forston.

McClain (6-foot-2, 300 pounds) was a third-round pick of the Panthers last season. The 24-year old South Florida product started 12 games last season, tallying 19 tackles and one sack, before being placed on injured reserve with a sprained left knee.

Forston was an undrafted free agent signed by the Patriots in May out of Miami. He made his NFL debut on Sunday night in Baltimore, playing eight defensive snaps.

The Patriots were without defensive tackle Brandon Deaderick (ankle) for their loss in Baltimore, so swapping McClain for Forston could give the team a more game-ready player if Deaderick is out for an extended period.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...elease-forston
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    I'm looking for how many snaps he was on the field for, but alas...i cannot find it. With 19 tackles and 1 sack in 12 games I want to know how much he played in each game

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast