Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hmmm perhaps room for Winslow, Waters, and Branch? Gaffney? Plax? Koutivides?

vCash
    Gaffney Winslow and waters. That would be perfect.

vCash
    Branch is back according to Manza Young

vCash
    Yeah it looks like he's back.

Veteran wide receiver Deion Branch is returning to the New England Patriots, according to a Boston Globe report.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...r-deion-branch

vCash
    Branch is back, but what the heck was the point in giving up a pick for Salas??

I don't get the Winslow signing. We got Fells, Shiancoe and that guy who's name many can't pronounce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

I don't get the Winslow signing. We got Fells, Shiancoe and that guy who's name many can't pronounce.
    Shank may not be back this season, Hoomanawanui is strictly a blocking guy, and Fells may not be ready yet. Winslow gives us some of the versatility that AH did (speed, good hands etc.) and will be good depth once AH gets back.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    Shank may not be back this season, Hoomanawanui is strictly a blocking guy, and Fells may not be ready yet. Winslow gives us some of the versatility that AH did (speed, good hands etc.) and will be good depth once AH gets back.
    Exactly. Winslow is the closest thing we can get to Hernandez at this point. He can play on the line with Gronk in dual TE sets but also gives us the versatility to split out or even line him up outside the numbers because he has much more speed than guys like Shank, Hoomie and Fells.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

If AH hadn't been hurt Salas wasn't going to be cut. A 53 man roster in a sport beset with injuries is a tough thing to get right vs Monday Morning QB's.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I think Hooman.... is the next to go. Remember he was signed off of a practice squad so he by rule has to be with the Pats for 3 weeks. I think that alone is the reason he hasnt been cut yet. He was awful against Arizona.

vCash
    I'm not comfortable with AH being such a big part, "focal point" of our offense. I don't trust his durability and we can't become helpless if something were to happen to him. I've noticed for awhile now that the way he plays, the way he runs looks kind of awkward, like something bad could happen at any moment.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, I'd just like to see him play a full season, or nearly a full season.

vCash
    Before Cardinals receiver*Larry Fitzgerald*crowns Bill Belichick as the*greatest coach in NFL history, Fitz may want to have a chat with Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton.Horton has shared with the*Doug & Wolf Show*on Arizona Sports 620 that*the Pats and Belichick had a tell*in Week Two.* Before tight end*Aaron Hernandez*was injured, the Patriots ran the ball whenever Hernandez lined up tight to the offensive line.* After Hernandez was injured, it became more simple — the Pats ran the ball whenever quarterback*Tom Brady*lined up under center, and they passed the ball whenever Brady lined up in shotgun formation.The end result is that the Cardinals were able to confuse Brady.* “I heard through*Jay Feely*that he talked to Tom Brady after the game and Tom said, ‘I have no idea what you guys are doing,’ and so it did work,” Horton said.So why was Horton being so candid?* Though that question didn’t come up during the interview, the reality is that the Pats will be playing the other three teams in Arizona’s division, and it’s in the Cardinals’ best interests for the Patriots to figure out that they have a tell — and to get rid of it before playing the Seahawks on October 14, the Rams on October 28, and the 49ers on December 16.
    profootballtalk.com

vCash
    I don't think that's entirely the case. I'm pretty sure I can recall instances of a shotgun handoff, but I'll double check with NFL game rewind later.

I don't think BB (or McDaniels) would make things that obvious...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    I think we just need to be a little more counter-intuitive with our offensive play calls. We have to assume that the opposing defense is going to pick up on parts of our play calling.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 09-19-2012 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Will conoly play this week

vCash
    Patriots re-signed LB Niko Koutouvides.
    Koutouvides is a core special teamer that has been doing the roster dance with the Patriots for more than a year.
    Brandon Lloyd was limited in Wednesday's practice with a thigh injury.
    The Patriots typically use whatever nicks and bruises a player is dealing with as an excuse for off-days or limited practices. Lloyd's Week 3 status is not a concern.
    Shane Vereen (foot) was limited in Wednesday's practice.
    Vereen has not been able to stay healthy during his tenure in the league. He is no longer a fantasy consideration with Stevan Ridley's emergence.
    Patriots signed WR Greg Salas to the practice squad.
    Salas pass through waivers unclaimed after surprisingly being cut loose on Tuesday. He'll provide some youthful insurance for the Patriots' veteran receiver corps, but only one year removed from making 27 catches in six games as a fourth-round rookie, the Pats could have a hard time keeping him on the practice squad.
    Rotoworld
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast