Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Patriots OC Josh McDaniels attributed Wes Welker's reduced Week 1 role to a game plan specific to facing the Titans defense.
    The three receptions and 14 yards were Welker's lowest ever in Patriots uniform for a game in which he was not injured. The Pats are notorious in fantasy circles for tailoring their backfield game plans to the opponent. It now seems as if McDaniels will be going even more it with the passing game. The emergence of Stevan Ridley as a consistent ground threat also reduces the need for quick strikes to Welker in an effort to sustain drives.
    Stevan Ridley played on 40-of-67 snaps in Sunday's win over the Titans.
    Danny Woodhead (14 snaps) was the closest running back to Ridley, who finished with 125 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries. Last year, BenJarvus Green-Ellis only had one game with 40-plus snaps. The staff appears enamored with Ridley's explosive power. He's set up for a big season as the Patriots project to be protecting a lead often this season.
    Wes Welker played on just 43-of-67 snaps in Sunday's win over the Titans.
    Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez played all 67 snaps and Brandon Lloyd was in for 57. Meanwhile, Julian Edelman rotated into the slot often, recording 23 snaps. Top beat writer Mike Reiss says it "makes one wonder if it's the potential beginning of a less Welker-centric attack." Last year, the slot machine played 89.2 percent of the total snaps and saw 10.7 targets per game. On Sunday, he had three catches on five targets. Welker is playing on a one-year contract after the Patriots declined to give him a long-term deal this offseason.
    Patriots first-round RE Chandler Jones played on 58-of-65 snaps in Sunday's opener.
    Jones had three tackles, one sack and one forced fumble that resulted in a touchdown for fellow rookie Dont'a Hightower. He's on the IDP radar as an every-down, playmaking lineman. Jones will have plenty of chances to pin his ears back as the Patriots figure to be protecting a lead often this season.
    Rotoworld
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Rotoworld
    I found it very interesting that Jones actually played more snaps than Wilfork. Welker having less snaps than Gronk, Hernandez and Lloyd isn't at all surprising to me.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    I found it very interesting that Jones actually played more snaps than Wilfork. Welker having less snaps than Gronk, Hernandez and Lloyd isn't at all surprising to me.
    Wilfork like most players plays better when he gets a decent amount of blows. Now that Love is coming into his own and front 7 in general is a good deal stronger than last year, he can get his rest.

Welker having less snaps than usual was due to his drop, as well as working Edelman - his likely replacement into the game more. Welker's 100+ rec years are in definite jeopardy. Why give him a big stat year if you hope to sign him for 3 years at a reasonable price? Why give him so much time on the field if he's going to be gone and you think Edelman can take the job?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Wilfork like most players plays better when he gets a decent amount of blows. Now that Love is coming into his own and front 7 in general is a good deal stronger than last year, he can get his rest.

Welker having less snaps than usual was due to his drop, as well as working Edelman - his likely replacement into the game more. Welker's 100+ rec years are in definite jeopardy. Why give him a big stat year if you hope to sign him for 3 years at a reasonable price? Why give him so much time on the field if he's going to be gone and you think Edelman can take the job?
    I'm with ya on most of this. Jones' snap count mainly surprised me because he's a rookie and only came out for 7 snaps. He had the 4th highest snap total on the entire team behind Mayo, McCourty and Arrington. I know Wilfork comes out regularly but as high as I am on Jones, I didn't expect a rookie defensive end to get 58/65 snaps which is 3 more than Wilfork had. I expected a bit more of a rotation at first while Jones gets more comfortable. Clearly he's already comfortable.

Welker, I totally agree. I'm not saying he deserved more snaps at all, I was saying I wasn't surprised. In my mind Gronk, Hernandez and Lloyd are much more dynamic offensive pieces than Welker is at this point. If I'm taking one off the field it's Welker. You could even throw Ridley in as a more dynamic offensive piece if you wanted.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Nobody dislikes ESPN, as a network, as much as I do. I believe, for the most part, they try to create the news as much or more than they report the news. But, Mike Reiss from ESPN Boston does a great job for us.

One thing he does is he reports these breakdowns for all sorts of things, alignments (both offensive and defensive), player combinations, etc. and in my view these things are worth a read and worth following.

Here is one on Tom Brady in the shotgun:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...hotgun-tracker

Here is another on 3 TE Packages:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...t-3-te-package
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Most Patriots fans would be happy if Tom Brady took every snap this season, but beyond the future Hall of Famer, New England has just one quarterback waiting in the wings. That could explain the recent interest in working out QBs. The Patriots worked out eight players, including quarterbacks Curtis Painter and Stephen McGee on Tuesday, according to ESPN.com. The other six players included cornerback Chris Carr, safety David Caldwell, defensive end Jeff Charleston, wide receiver Jamel Hamler, wide receiver DeMarco Sampson and defensive end Monte Taylor. These workouts come roughly a week after the Pats worked out quarterback Mike Kafka, as well as tight ends Michael Hoomanawanui and Kellen Winslow before ultimately opting to sign Hoomanawanui. New England has just two quarterbacks -- Brady and backup Ryan Mallett -- on its active roster and none on the practice squad, so the desire to see what a few signal callers have in them makes sense. Painter was thrust into Indianapolis' starting lineup last season as a result of Peyton Manning's injury. He appeared in nine games -- starting eight of them -- and had six touchdowns and nine interceptions while tossing for 171.2 yards per game. McGee has appeared in just three regular season games in his career -- all with Dallas. He's 46-for-82 with 420 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions in his limited action. Of the non-quarterbacks, Chris Carr is the most notable. Carr is a seven-year veteran who played for Oakland, Tennessee and Baltimore. He was with Minnesota this preseason before the Vikings surprisingly cut the 29-year-old in order to get down to a 53-man roster. Carr has six career interceptions, and spent time on kick and punt returns early on in his career.

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/09/report-p...ix-others.html
    Last edited by BSF101; 09-12-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: double post.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Thought this was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Most Patriots fans would be happy if Tom Brady took every snap this season, but beyond the future Hall of Famer, New England has just one quarterback waiting in the wings. That could explain the recent interest in working out QBs. The Patriots worked out eight players, including quarterbacks Curtis Painter and Stephen McGee on Tuesday, according to ESPN.com. The other six players included cornerback Chris Carr, safety David Caldwell, defensive end Jeff Charleston, wide receiver Jamel Hamler, wide receiver DeMarco Sampson and defensive end Monte Taylor. These workouts come roughly a week after the Pats worked out quarterback Mike Kafka, as well as tight ends Michael Hoomanawanui and Kellen Winslow before ultimately opting to sign Hoomanawanui. New England has just two quarterbacks -- Brady and backup Ryan Mallett -- on its active roster and none on the practice squad, so the desire to see what a few signal callers have in them makes sense. Painter was thrust into Indianapolis' starting lineup last season as a result of Peyton Manning's injury. He appeared in nine games -- starting eight of them -- and had six touchdowns and nine interceptions while tossing for 171.2 yards per game. McGee has appeared in just three regular season games in his career -- all with Dallas. He's 46-for-82 with 420 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions in his limited action. Of the non-quarterbacks, Chris Carr is the most notable. Carr is a seven-year veteran who played for Oakland, Tennessee and Baltimore. He was with Minnesota this preseason before the Vikings surprisingly cut the 29-year-old in order to get down to a 53-man roster. Carr has six career interceptions, and spent time on kick and punt returns early on in his career.

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/09/report-p...ix-others.html
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Did you literally just post an article.... and then quote it saying it was interesting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KmB728 View Post
    Did you literally just post an article.... and then quote it saying it was interesting?
    I meant to put interesting before I posted the article. Didn't think it was gonna double post. I swear no matter what I do its never good enough.

10. 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

vCash
    Shane Vereen (foot) returned to Patriots practice Wednesday.
    The exact extent of Vereen's participation is unknown, but it's a positive sign for his Week 2 status. Vereen's lengthy absence coupled with Stevan Ridley's Week 1 breakout has removed him from the fantasy radar for the time being, however.
    Rotoworld

12. 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

13. 09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

14. 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

15. 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

16. 09-12-2012, 09:02 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

17. 09-12-2012, 09:12 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

18. 09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

19. 09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

20. 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic

vCash

Chyl Quarles

Any idea who this Chyl Quarles guy is? I did a little google search on him but besides the fact he went to Wake Forest and played for the Ravens during the preseason. He was signed to the practice squad yesterday and I know it's just the practice squad but just curious what everyones thoughts were. He's got good size 6'3 210.

vCash
    Shane Vereen (foot) is listed as questionable on the Patriots' Week 2 injury report.
    Vereen practiced on a limited basis all week. He appears to be getting closer, but is far from a lock to be active for Sunday's game against the Titans. When Vereen does return, he could siphon some snaps from Danny Woodhead.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Multiple players released...

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss
    Colleague @FieldYates reports that WR Greg Salas, LB Mike Rivera and FB Lex Hilliard have been released by Patriots today.

vCash
    Sheesh, I was pretty excited for Salas. Making room for Winslow, and...... who else? Waters? Another O-Lineman BB has in mind?

vCash
    For the record, Lex Hilliard was absolutely useless.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast