Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    To add to what Bags said:

The New England Patriots signed free agent running back Lex Hilliard and waived offensive lineman Matt Tennant, the team announced Tuesday.

Tennant was claimed on waivers on Saturday, but lasted only three days with New England.

Hilliard was released by the Minnesota Vikings. The Patriots already had four running backs on the roster before signing Hilliard. However, they don't have a true fullback, and Hilliard has played fullback on occasion.

He played in 16 games for the Dolphins last season, including four starts, and rushed for 41 yards.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...rd-710926.html

vCash

Patriots try out former Eagles QB Mike Kafka

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-for-patriots/

Source: Quarterback Mike Kafka works out for Patriots
    The Patriots worked out quarterback Mike Kafka today, according to a source, but it’s still too early to know how it will all play out from here. The Pats could be in the market for another quarterback, considering they cut Brian Hoyer on Friday.

Kafka, a 2010 fourth-round pick, had been the Eagles’ backup to Michael Vick, but the Northwestern product broke his left (non-throwing) hand during the preseason and was beaten out by Nick Foles. That led to Kafka’s release.

Update: Due to some confusion on the matter, it’s worth noting Kafka does not have practice squad eligibility because he has been active for more than nine games. A source has also confirmed this.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Well, I was wrong on Waters lol..

vCash
    Report: Visanthe Shiancoe placed on short-term IR http://bit.ly/R9yygw
    -Howe

Hoomanawanaui probably taking his spot.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Shane Vereen (foot) was absent from Patriots practice Wednesday.
    Vereen hasn't practiced since August 24, and is beginning to look very dicey for Week 1. Stevan Ridley is locked in as the Patriots' No. 1 back.
    Patriots assigned TE Visanthe Shiancoe (hamstring) the "designated for return" tag on injured reserve.
    Shiancoe has been sidelined with a hamstring injury since the early days of camp. Players who are designated for return must spend at least six weeks on injured reserve. The move comes on the same day New England signed TE Michael Hoomanawanui. There's no guarantee Shiancoe plays a snap for the Pats this season.
    Patriots RB Shane Vereen (foot) missed practice again on Thursday.
    Vereen hasn't practiced in two weeks, which should ensure a heavy workload for Stevan Ridley at Tennessee. Rotoworld ranks Ridley as a top-12 fantasy back for Week 1.
    Rotoworld
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Is it me or is Vereen quickly becoming the Taylor Price of the running back committee?

vCash
    The ship looks like it has sailed on one Brian Waters. Name plate removed from locker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ed-from-locker

vCash
    Patriots RB Shane Vereen (foot) has been ruled out for Week 1.
    Look for Stevan Ridley to handle a hefty workload against a Titans defense that will be without starting DT Sen'Derrick Marks (knee). Danny Woodhead will function as the passing-down back. Brandon Bolden will be third string.
    Rotoworld
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Chung, Vollmer, Spikes, and Vereen are all on BB's warning screen over injuries. The first two are in danger of not getting fat extensions (or any extension). Toss in Woodhead and the other 3 would be in danger of being cut next year, or no extension if they are up (man I miss Miguel's page for those details).

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Chung, Vollmer, Spikes, and Vereen are all on BB's warning screen over injuries. The first two are in danger of not getting fat extensions (or any extension). Toss in Woodhead and the other 3 would be in danger of being cut next year, or no extension if they are up (man I miss Miguel's page for those details).
    You think Spikes will be cut?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KmB728 View Post
    You think Spikes will be cut?
    I think if Spikes misses half the season w/ injury, he's not going to get much of a raise when it's his turn.

In the past Spikes was a jerk, and also slow to come off the PUP - so he's already half in the dog house. The fact that he's very good when healthy and playing has saved him so far. But Vollmer and Chung are really great when healthy too - but it won't be enough to save them at contract time if they repeat again this year with the injuries.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    In the past Spikes was a jerk
    Elaborate please

vCash
    One year ago, opening Monday night matchup between Miami and New England, Patriots Pro Bowl G Logan Mankins tore his right ACL. Not only did Mankins finish the Monday night game, he finished the season, becoming one of the rare, if not the only, player ever to have played an entire 16-game season with a torn ACL.
    -Schefter

This would explain why he wasn't himself at times, but wow, what an amazing effort...I'm not sure if this has ever been done before.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Elaborate please
    video romping..

suspended for drugs... 4 games for PEDS

emotionally strange behavior prior in SB week...

slow - very slow - to come back from injury...

There is more but I ran out of time searching all of google hits he draws...

111,000 hits for this search: nfl "brandon spikes" patriots -revis drug violation

vCash
    B.B. press conference transcript.

I’d say that Dont’a has a lot of responsibility at his position, relative to formations and adjustments, pass coverage, run responsibilities and all that. He did a lot of those things at Alabama and played a couple different spots at Alabama in their defense, which has some similarities to what we do. I think he was very well-coached and schooled when he got here. He’s a smart guy. He’s picking things up pretty well. Chandler, less experienced but probably less variables at his position, although there are still plenty of them, but probably not to the degree that Dont’a has a regular and nickel linebacker and all those kind of things. Both players have done a reasonably good job of that. They’re both smart, they’ve worked hard and they’ve both been out there. They’ve both gotten a lot of reps on the field. That’s always good way to learn, is to experience it and go through it, make a mistake, correct it, go out there, do it again and get it right. There’s a lot to be said for that and those guys, really a lot of our young players have had an opportunity to do that – they’ve been on the field, they’ve practiced, they’ve made mistakes, they’ve gone back out and done them right the next time and been able to move onto something else. That’s been a positive. Those two guys, they’ve done a good job.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast