Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Why did we IR Demps with such a minor injury? Could use some decent returns down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickgoyard View Post
    Why did we IR Demps with such a minor injury? Could use some decent returns down the stretch.
    To keep him on the roster without using a spot, it was his first year in the system, probably wasn't going to play much besides special teams. I was surprised by the move, but it's a pretty typically B.B. move. Can't wait to see him on the field next year, I have hopes of him becoming a Darren Sproles, and if we can get a fraction of that type of production watch out.

vCash
    Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is practicing again on Thursday.
    It's good news that Hernandez has avoided a setback, as the one in Week 8 kept him out of the Rams game. He hinted after Thursday's practice that he will indeed suit up this week. All signs point toward Hernandez playing versus the Bills on Sunday. Rotoworld ranks him third among fantasy tight ends for Week 10.
    Brandon Bolden (knee) did not practice Thursday.
    At this point, it would be a surprise if Bolden plays against the Bills Sunday. He hasn't practiced since going down in Week 6. Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead will operate as change-of-pace options behind Stevan Ridley.
    Wes Welker (ankle) put in a limited practice on Wednesday.
    Welker rolled the ankle in Week 8 against the Rams, but he was seen walking without a limp last week, so he isn't in any danger of missing Sunday's juicy matchup with the Bills. New England is coming off of their bye week and are likely easing their key dinged up veterans back in.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    An excellent gesture by Mr. Kraft and the organization.

The Patriots aren’t just a football team, they’re a franchise that recognizes who the real Patriots are and they have never been shy about showing their appreciation. The team took that appreciation a step further on Friday when they unveiled a seat on the south end of Gillette Stadium that will be permanently left empty in honor of the many soldiers who are either Prisoners of War or Missing In Action. The seat, which is in the back row next to the concourse, is chained off and is adorned with the POW/MIA flag and an American flag. Owner Robert Kraft was in attendance for the ceremony and was joined by 50 members of the Rolling Thunder who entered the stadium on motorcycles. The unveiling of this seat comes in advance of Veterans Day which coincides with the Patriots game against the Bills.
    http://nesn.com/2012/11/patriots-unv...oldiers-photo/
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Bolden suspended for four games. He has violated the NFLs policy on performance enhancing drugs. The exact substance is unknown.

Per espn Boston.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa12645 View Post
    Bolden suspended for four games. He has violated the NFLs policy on performance enhancing drugs. The exact substance is unknown.

Per espn Boston.com
    Damn. Even more opportunity for Vereen to make his mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    Damn. Even more opportunity for Vereen to make his mark.
    If Vereen isn't injured, it is time to start the full evaluation process and see what this guy has. I hope they play him plenty in the coming weeks.

vCash
    Vereen is clearly a keeper skill wise, the only issues are around his ability to stay on the field.

Expect more short passing, more Vereen, and more Woodhead - and less/same Ridley. They have to avoid over using him.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Vereen, Bolden, and Ridley have the potential to be an elite rushing trio IMO. Great complimentary skill sets. Vereen can be that change of pace/3rd down type. Ridley can get you explosive plays and Bolden can kill the clock.

I like Woody and what he brings, but I think this is his last year here. I'd expect us to move forward with those 3 and then Demps behind them for trick plays and STs. I'm more than happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Vereen, Bolden, and Ridley have the potential to be an elite rushing trio IMO. Great complimentary skill sets. Vereen can be that change of pace/3rd down type. Ridley can get you explosive plays and Bolden can kill the clock.

I like Woody and what he brings, but I think this is his last year here. I'd expect us to move forward with those 3 and then Demps behind them for trick plays and STs. I'm more than happy with that.
    Yup, this is ideal in my opinion. If Vereen can stay healthy, then we have guys that can make big plays in every situational. Vereen also has much more upside as a blocker and in short-yardage situations, and his body should be able to take more hits than Woodhead's. One thing I love about Vereen is his deceptive strength as well. He bench pressed more than just about any other RB at the combine, and can fight for those extra yards and won't fumble often. Now, I know the injury thing may sound flawed since Vereen has been injured a lot, but he is still much bigger than Woodhead.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I do want to say I couldn't imagine the Patriots keeping or playing 4 TEs, never mind 5. When we were doing our mock 53 man rosters during the pre-season someone had 4 TEs making the team and I was a bit taken back and made some comments to the contrary. Now there are 5 on the roster, much to my chagrin.

But, that said, Reiss makes a nice case about their value with point 1.

Analysis on Shiancoe activation
    November, 10, 2012
    Nov 10
    4:15
    PM ET
    By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

In activating veteran tight end Visanthe Shiancoe from the injured reserve/designated to return list, the Patriots now go five deep at the position:

1. Rob Gronkowski
    2. Aaron Hernandez
    3. Daniel Fells
    4. Visanthe Shiancoe
    5. Michael Hoomanawanui

It’s hard to imagine there is another team in the NFL with such an overstocked tight end position.

A few things to consider:

1. While Hernandez and Hoomanawanui are technically listed as tight ends, Hernandez is just as much of a receiver while Hoomanawanui has been utilized as a fullback in recent weeks and has also been on three core special teams units. While both can play the traditional tight end role, they contribute to the team in other ways.

2. Adding Shiancoe provides even more flexibility when it comes to managing the health of Hernandez, who had a setback with his ankle a few weeks ago, according to ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton. Hernandez has been limited in practice all week, and if the Patriots decide that giving him more time is the best decision for the long term, activating Shiancoe gives them another option as he’s a proven pass-catcher.

3. Shiancoe’s presence won’t affect playing time for Rob Gronkowski (94 percent of the snaps), but he could have a direct impact on No. 3 tight end Daniel Fells. After peaking with 80 total snaps played against the Bills and Broncos, Fells has seen his playing time dip in the last three games (58 total snaps). Shiancoe and Fells appear to have similar skill sets.
    Patriots activate TE Shiancoe
    November, 10, 2012
    Nov 10
    4:10
    PM ET
    By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

Patriots tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, who on Sept. 5 was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return, was activated and added to the team's 53-man roster Saturday.

The veteran tight end, who was acquired during training camp, had been dealing with an undisclosed injury. He returned to practice on Oct. 23, which opened a 21-day window for the team to decide whether or not he would be removed from the IR list or remain out for the balance of 2012.

The 10-year veteran has been productive as a receiver during the course of his career, with 243 catches for 2,677 yards and 27 touchdowns in nine seasons between the Giants and the Vikings.

In activating Shiancoe, the Patriots now have five tight ends on their 53-man roster, although Michael Hoomanawanui has been aligning in a fullback formation in recent weeks. Additionally, Aaron Hernandez (ankle) and Rob Gronkowski (hip) are listed as questionable for Sunday.

2012 marked the first year for the provision allowing a player to be designated to return from the injured reserve list. Under the rule, Shiancoe was eligible to return to practice after Week 6 and play in games after Week 8.

When asked recently about whether Shiancoe was more of a combination tight end (who can serve as both a receiver and a blocker) or more proficient in one area, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick offered the following.

"I think when you look back at his career, he's done both," Belichick said. "But I don't know. We've had him, but for no games, so we'll see how it goes in our offense -- if we're able to get to that point, I don't know."

The Patriots had an open roster spot after running back Brandon Bolden was suspended Friday for four games due to a violation of the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
    Last edited by subroc; 11-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    98.5 says Pats got a roster exemption. Tarp cut and Talib ready to go.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Poor Tarp. I think it's a competition between him, Koutouvides, and Silvestro to decide who this year's new Ross Ventrone is going to be.

vCash
    Ray Edwards got cut does anybody think he's worth looking at
    loved by few hated by many respected by all N.E PATS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypatriots View Post
    Ray Edwards got cut does anybody think he's worth looking at
    He's not making plays. I don't think he's better than who we have over there at LE.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast