Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Ron Brace was just released. Was really rooting for him to do well.
    Bags called this one after his rookie year. He never looked like he wanted to be great, and his motor was pretty much non-existent.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I believe we had several discussions about Ron Brace the last few years. We all hoped for the best, but it just didn't work out.

BTW, does anyone know if he has any practice squad eligibility?

vCash

Official Patriots Regular Season News Thread

No PS eligibility, he's played 39 games.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Ron Brace was just released. Was really rooting for him to do well.
    showd some signs of life last year, but he was inactive and hurt a lot. Too bad, I know BB wanted his college linemate much worse then Brace.

6/27/09: ďWe expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,Ē Ainge said. ďThere were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I donít know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and itís just unacceptable.Ē

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    JMcD on off-season opportunities:

Source

Q: Obviously the height of your profession is to be a head coach. I know that you're focused on upcoming playoff opponents, but is it difficult to keep two different balls in the air if teams do express interest?

JM: Hereís what Iíll say about that: I'm thrilled to be back here and came back here for all the right reasons Ė to learn and to get better as a coach, to work in an organization that I really have a great deal of respect and appreciation for. I'm happy here. My family is happy here. Weíre excited about whatís ahead of us here in the playoffs, and to talk about any other opportunities at this point is, to me, irrelevant, because Iím totally focused on this season and what this season holds. I couldnít be more excited to be here and be a New England Patriot and try to do the best job that I can with the title I have right now.

Q: If the occasion ever came to pass down the road for you to be a head coach again, how much better equipped might you be with all that youíve learned since 2009?

JM: I think that every opportunity that you have, and certainly [all] that Iíve gone through since I started a long time ago in 2001 here, has been a learning experience for me. There are certainly going to be mistakes along the way in every role that you hold and that you have and opportunity to work in. I think as long as you can go through that process and try to get better from each mistake that you make or from each positive result that you get, thereís always something to learn from those things and try to make you a better coach, a better leader, a better teacher, a better person, a better communicator, a better staff member. Hopefully thatís what Iíve tried to do with all my experiences, including the ones that Iíve recently had that werenít here in New England. I hope every day that I'm better than I was the day before and that every year I can say the same thing. So hopefully going forward in any role that I have, I want to be as good as I can be for that organization that I'm working for. And like I said, I couldnít be more happy to be here in New England.

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    I'm happy here. My family is happy here.

I could be wrong, but I believe this is why he is here AND it is why he will be in no hurry to leave. Is he a lifetime Patriots? Who knows, but, I expect it will be "several" years before he entertains any HC opportunities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    JMcD on off-season opportunities:

Source
    If he's smart, he would just wait out BB's tenure, soak up all he can and take over the reign's once BB is ready to just be the GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Yeah, especially since he'll most likely be in line for HC & GM

Idk if I like Patricia more than him though. Josh has made some personnel decisions that makes me question his as a GM+HC for us.

No doubt his Offenses are insane but damn I'll be really sad the day BB hangs it up.

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Rob Ninkovich suffered some strained muscles in his hip, but he has a better chance to play than not next week, according to a source.

Welcome to Anfield Mr. Balotelli!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Rob Ninkovich suffered some strained muscles in his hip, but he has a better chance to play than not next week, according to a source.
    YES! **** yes!

Rest up Rob! We'll need ya for our SB run!

vCash

vCash
    I don't know if there is a thread for this but what's he deal with Chung? He doesn't seem to play much and I could be mistaken but is he a free agent? Is the writing on the wall for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cneil99 View Post
    I don't know if there is a thread for this but what's he deal with Chung? He doesn't seem to play much and I could be mistaken but is he a free agent? Is the writing on the wall for him?
    Hasn't played well this year. McCourty moving to safety said a lot as it was BB trying to bring stability to our secondary. He's played better lately though, was horrible during the first half of the season.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ut-dl-armstead
    DL Armond Armstead, 6-5 298 lbs came by for a work out.
    We were interested in him prior to the draft apparently. Played for USC for 3 seasons, had a heart attack apparently due to being treated with Toradol and sued them. Undrafted, went to the CFL and became an All-Star before leaving to pursue NFL opportunities. At 22, he could be Wilfork's protege if we sign him. He'll need to put on some more muscle as 298 seems a bit light, but isn't that how a lot of players come into the league? They work their body into NFL size and shape? Jeff Demps comes to mind when I think of it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...practice-squad
    Andre Holmes signed to PS. 6-4 WR who lost the 3rd WR spot in Dallas to Ogletree this year.

Who knows? If we can hold onto these guys and properly develop them..
    Most of us would agree we've needed another DT prospect for Vince to mentor, and a tall WR for deeper balls. Wouldn't hurt to see what they can bring.

vCash
    Tim Tebow

With Jacksonville claiming there is no interest in Tim Tebow he appears to be a player without a destination.

What is the likelihood that BB brings him in as a RB/FB with a RB number (no QB to it at all) and offers him somewhere around league minimum?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast