Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    When's the last time Eli was injured? A dislocated shoulder 4-5 years ago?

Whereas Ben seems to be injured every year with something new.
    Yeah he played with a dislocated shoulder in the 2007 season when they won the SB. In the 2009 season he played with a torn Plantar Fascia in his foot. So he has played through pretty significant injuries.

Eli takes a bunch of hits and he manages to just get right up every time. Sure being a pure pocket passer and not a runner will lead to less hits, but Eli, much like his brother has the art of taking a hit down to a tee.

A game that comes to mind is the San Francisco playoff game. He got KILLED that game.

vCash
    Eli is one tough SOB

Ben too for that matter.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    I feel comfortable in predicting Eli will have the best four years moving forward, and probably by a large margin.

vCash
    I like Big Ben better. But that's not really a knock on Eli at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Eli takes a bunch of hits and he manages to just get right up every time. Sure being a pure pocket passer and not a runner will lead to less hits, but Eli, much like his brother has the art of taking a hit down to a tee.

A game that comes to mind is the San Francisco playoff game. He got KILLED that game.
    Even though I was rooting for the 49ers, I have to give credit where it is due. Eli took that beating and just brushed it off. He's got to be one of the most underrated players when it comes to toughness.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he now hold the longest start streak among QBs?

vCash

Better second-half of their career thus far: Eli or Big Ben?

Yes, among active QBs

vCash
    Slight edge to Ben.

vCash
    rape accusations aside, big ben
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Since the op brought up team accomplishments, I think its only fair to compare the rest of it too.

In the time period Ben also had another super bowl appearence, made the playoffs 3 of those 4 years compared to Elis 2 and over that time Ben was 41-17 to Eli's 39-25. That's a .707 win% for Ben and 609 for Eli.

vCash
    Eli for sure. Big Ben has had similar production, but he also comes with a lot of injuries and way too much off the field stuff.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    This is how I feel. More confident in Eli in continuing to get even better, while with Ben I think his best seasons may be behind him.
    Yeah Eli's going to continue to improve on that 4,900 yard season where as Ben hasn't routinely gotten better over the past 3 seasons in regards to not turning the ball over and throwing for more yardage...

vCash
    Not to mention Eli is 31 lol. Qbs don't usually get better at that age. Last year was probably the best well see from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Not to mention Eli is 31 lol. Qbs don't usually get better at that age. Last year was probably the best well see from him.
    You must be really young to make an inaccurate statement like that.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    You must be really young to make an inaccurate statement like that.
    Really?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/articles/age.htm

Is that perfect? No. But its common sense that once players get older they're not likely to improve a whole lot. I'm not saying Manning will fall off the map. He could have another season or two like last, but the odds of him actually improving on that aren't great. And yes there are exceptions like with anything, which is why I said usually. So no, my statement wasn't innacurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    Really?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/articles/age.htm

Is that perfect? No. But its common sense that once players get older they're not likely to improve a whole lot. I'm not saying Manning will fall off the map. He could have another season or two like last, but the odds of him actually improving on that aren't great. And yes there are exceptions like with anything, which is why I said usually. So no, my statement wasn't innacurate.
    It's Eli. He'll name two exceptions and pretend it's the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast