Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The owners are insane

They want a 57% cut to 43%. Mind boggling. Not to mention making the UFA 31 when players are old and many are close to retirement. Basically, they want to spit in the players faces and expect them to take it. I love how Bettman tries to make it seem like the players aren't being reasonable. Get a clue Gary. It won't work this time. The owners greed is absurd. People actually are supporting the players and don't buy into the crap you are spewing.

vCash
    Yes, the first proposal calls for 57/43 but thats what it is, a first proposal in negotiation and not all owners are on the same page. I understand how people can get frustrated during this process but its not like selling a car, especially when you're talking about the kind of money that's on the line here. The NHL is a business and this is how these things go, take you fan hat off for a second and try to understand the other side of this thing. If you can.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    ^ exactly.

this number is not there goal. if they start out this high though, they will most likely get their goal, which is somewhere in the middle (50 ish).

if they start out at 50, the players will eventually get it down to the high 40s, which is not what the owners want.

some people look at this as people taking advantage of others, some look at it as smart.

these teams are a business for these owners. they will fight to the death to get a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    It's funny to see that the owners are being blamed in a sport where a little over half of the teams in the league lose money every year.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    They want a 57% cut to 43%. Mind boggling. Not to mention making the UFA 31 when players are old and many are close to retirement. Basically, they want to spit in the players faces and expect them to take it. I love how Bettman tries to make it seem like the players aren't being reasonable. Get a clue Gary. It won't work this time. The owners greed is absurd. People actually are supporting the players and don't buy into the crap you are spewing.
    It always amazes me how self absorbed these owners are with their ****ing money.

players play because they love the game(or should anyway) the money is just a HUGE added bonus

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    It always amazes me how self absorbed these owners are with their ****ing money.

players play because they love the game(or should anyway) the money is just a HUGE added bonus
    Explain to me how not wanting to lose money every year which is something that, according to forbes and other financial evaluators, up to 18 teams do every year is being greedy. And don't pretend like the players only play because they love the game because that's horseshit. While there are plenty of players who realize how lucky they are to do what they do there are also a lot of players who treat it as simply a job like everyone else does. If they didn't care about the money then the issue of a lockout wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying it's all on the players but Mr. Fehr is probably the reason we won't have hockey this season because he still thinks he's dealing with MLB salaries and he's not. Financially speaking the owners are in the right here and unfortunately most players don't understand what it costs to own and operate a sports franchise because all they have to do is play hockey.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Is it possible you can ever post without being a miserable person? Doubtful.
    Ignoring the locals is good

vCash
    Good thing I just added you to my ignore list. Great feature.

vCash
    I have never understood how anyone thinks that the owners should NOT be getting AT LEAST 50% of the profits when it comes to a professional sports franchise?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Usually I agree with that but since hockey players end up without half their teeth not to mention multiple scars, I would say they should get more than that. Any owner of a business only makes money because of the product. If your product has the crap beaten out of it for 10 to 15 years, I think the owners can take the less.

vCash
    I <3 u averymustgo!!!

And business owners only make money when they have a product that's working. Funny thing about that product is they're the ones paying for it. By the way I'm never a miserable person I'm always happy.

By the way who limits what they read or hear, killing your own right to free speech which includes your ability to hear those who think differently than you or those who think like minded as you.
    Last edited by Garden Faithful; 09-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    Explain to me how not wanting to lose money every year which is something that, according to forbes and other financial evaluators, up to 18 teams do every year is being greedy. And don't pretend like the players only play because they love the game because that's horseshit. While there are plenty of players who realize how lucky they are to do what they do there are also a lot of players who treat it as simply a job like everyone else does. If they didn't care about the money then the issue of a lockout wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying it's all on the players but Mr. Fehr is probably the reason we won't have hockey this season because he still thinks he's dealing with MLB salaries and he's not. Financially speaking the owners are in the right here and unfortunately most players don't understand what it costs to own and operate a sports franchise because all they have to do is play hockey.
    you saw the "or they should anyway" right? I know it a job but I think the players enjoy their job right?

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by averymustgo View Post
    Usually I agree with that but since hockey players end up without half their teeth not to mention multiple scars, I would say they should get more than that. Any owner of a business only makes money because of the product. If your product has the crap beaten out of it for 10 to 15 years, I think the owners can take the less.

this

lol bryz

vCash
    They're all making too much money which in turn drives ticket prices, parking, concessions, cable bills etc etc up and slams the door in the face of the people that appreciate the game, the middle class. Watching a game with a bunch of suits is frustrating, and half the time they don't even show up and the rink is empty. The problem starts and ends with greed. I am not taking any sides on this but I wish they'd get it figured out for the people that rely on the jobs at the arena's and businesses surrounding them get back to work. Shutting the season down so a bunch of millionaires can bicker over who gets what is shameful when there's people at the bottom trying to feed their families being shut out of their job, I could care less about the players or the owners. Even a low paying NHL salary is about 15 years work for the average Joe working in most of those arena's. The league and it's players should have had this deal done in July at which time it should have went to an arbitrator if not.
    Last edited by bsi; 09-03-2012 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    If so many teams are having financial trouble, then why do the owners continue to offer obscene contracts to players. Can't blame anyone but the owners here, as even mid-level role players are getting huge offers. Forget about what the star guys are getting...

Now they are trying to fix the mess they got into. Shame, as we are likely all going to suffer...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast