Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ouchhh

vCash
    Injury updates on Vontae, Satele, and King:

Colts C Samson Satele (knee) couldn't continue and is day to day. CB Vontae Davis (ankle) week to week. CB Justin King (groin) same.
    https://twitter.com/PhilRichards6/st...17336442175488
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    My guess is Satele and King are back for Green Bay and Vontae is not.

#iubb

vCash
    Injury updates:

It was most unusual Monday at Farm Bureau Football Center. One of the more minor differences was that coach Chuck Pagano wasn't around to offer an injury update, and the Indianapolis Colts have a batch of them.

Inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot) practiced but center Samson Satele (knee) did not. Outside linebackers Robert Mathis (foot/ankle) and Dwight Freeney (ankle) weren't out for the early portion of the workout, nor were guard Joe Reitz (knee), cornerback Vontae Davis (ankle) or cornerback Justin King (groin).

Six of those seven players are starters. King is the Colts' nickel back.

Interim coach Bruce Arians said there would be no injury update until Wednesday, when the team next practices. Mathis made his status clear.

"I'll be out there," he said. "They've had to drag me off the field before and I always come back."

Angerer said practice had gone well but didn't speculate about his availability Sunday.

The other players were not in the locker room after practice, but the fivesome on the offensive line that worked together during the early portion of the workout was a sobering image.

Anthony Castonzo, Mike McGlynn and Winston Justice were at their normal spots, left tackle, right guard and right tackle, respectively. But Jeff Linkenbach was at left guard and A.Q. Shipley was at center.

Seth Olsen, the starter at left guard the first three games, was not in evidence during the early portion of practice.

Linkenbach has played guard and tackle with uneven results the past three years. Shipley has appeared in a single game since coming to the NFL in 2009. He was signed to the active roster from the Colts practice squad Monday.

The team waived outside linebacker Mario Addison to open a roster spot for Shipley. The Colts also released cornerback D.J. Johnson from the practice squad and signed cornerback Marshay Green in his place.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Not Linkenbach

#iubb

vCash
    ^As long as he isn't at tackle I'm ok with Linkenbach...at the very least he is on par or better than Olsen on his worst day.

vCash
    Injury report...DNP- V.Davis J.King M.Moore S.Olsen J.Reitz. LTD- P.Angerer C.Fleener S.Satele. FULL- D.Freeney
    Prac report from Irsay/Chappell

<3

vCash
    My guess is one of Justin or Vontae will play, and everyone else is a go.

I wonder what Seth Olsen's reason for not practicing was? Ehhh who am I kidding, I don't give 2 ****s.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    My guess is one of Justin or Vontae will play, and everyone else is a go.

I wonder what Seth Olsen's reason for not practicing was? Ehhh who am I kidding, I don't give 2 ****s.
    A sprained vagina.

vCash
    Ha i was going to say did not participate due to ineffectiveness....

vCash
    Pat Angerer, Vontae Davis, Joe Reitz, Seth Olsen, Justin King all out for Sunday vs. Packers. Dwight Freeney a game-time decision.
    Does this mean the newly acquired Darius Butler will get the start? He has almost as many if not more days of practice than Vontae did week 1.

Thought or I guess hoped most of these guys would be playing.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 10-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Vaughn starts. Butler in the nickel.

<3

vCash
    Freeney and Fleener both active.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Seth Olsen on the IR with a knee injury, but is designated for return. I won't be holding my breath.

Samson Satele was active for the game btw but didn't play a single snap. Sounds like he was there for emergency purposes. I think he'll be back for the Jets, but I was pretty impressed with AQ Shipley's play so we will see. We rushed him back once so I wouldn't be surprised if the training staff is taking a more conservative approach.

#iubb

vCash
    Brown will miss two to three weeks after having surgery Tuesday for torn cartilage in his knee, the Indianapolis Star reports. Brown apparently hurt his knee on the last play of Sunday's win over Green Bay.
    This sucks after a game where he seemed to have won a quite few people over with his hard running.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast