Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Post Hoopsworld: Larry Sanders

Larry Sanders Ė Milwaukee Bucks

The writing is on the wall for Larry Sanders. If he does not show up big in training camp he is likely out in Milwaukee.

Since the trade deadline last year the Bucks have acquired Ekpe Udoh and Samuel Dalembert. They drafted John Henson. Factor in a return of Ersan Ilyasova as a free agent and roster bigs Drew Gooden and Tobias Harris, there is not a lot of room for Sanders if he canít show significant improvement.

The good news for Milwaukee is Sanders is still on his rookie deal and could be an easy sell if they decide to move him.

If Sanders struggles or is inconsistent in training camp he may lose his place on the depth chart despite how much Coach Skiles likes his intensity. Given the roster make up, Sanders could be dealt simply because he could return some value in trade.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-on-...rade-deadline/

vCash
    I don't like it. He's the only player that brings consistent hustle.

I'm sorry but how do we not have a coach good enough to teach this kid some basic fundamentals?!
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I don't mind it at all. If he gets passed by Henson and Udoh on the depth chart, then get rid of him. Everyone says how young he is, but he played in college for 3 years and this is his third year in the league. If he's still not ready to really contribute, then how much more time does he deserve?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    I don't like it. He's the only player that brings consistent hustle.

I'm sorry but how do we not have a coach good enough to teach this kid some basic fundamentals?!
    i agree for the most part but if he does get passed up maybe its worth seeing what other teams think he's worth
    maybe help get a better deal for monta throwing sanders in?

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't mind it at all. If he gets passed by Henson and Udoh on the depth chart, then get rid of him. Everyone says how young he is, but he played in college for 3 years and this is his third year in the league. If he's still not ready to really contribute, then how much more time does he deserve?
    he did play in college but his first 2 years in the league he didnt get much PT last season was the first season he got some decent PT
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    3 season and he averaged what 12 minutes a game? I'm sorry thats not giving a guy a chance. Not when we ****ing START Drew ****ing Gooden.

Does Sanders foul too much? Yes, Can he catch a ball cleanly? No. But you know what he plays with heart and tenacity which is more then can be said for that BIG 0.

I'm serious how the hell can you people as fans accept Drew Gooden playing, letting ANYONE just back him down, and showing zero effort on defense but hate on a young guy who at the very least HUSTLES...

LET HIM PLAY.

And by that I mean more then 14 minutes.

vCash
    I think he still has value as a backup center, but will have to foul less to get more minutes.

vCash
    Larry Sanders, Milwaukee Bucks – Sanders still has plenty of upside and, if put in the right situation, he could still develop into a solid NBA player. However, the 23-year-old may need a change of scenery to realize his full potential. Sanders saw his minutes decrease last season, and his role will be even more diminished this season. In the past eight months, the Bucks have traded for Ekpe Udoh and Samuel Dalembert, signed Joel Przybilla and drafted John Henson. Sanders is buried on the depth chart, especially after a mediocre showing during the Las Vegas Summer League. The Bucks seem more committed to their other young big men and Sanders may not fit into their long-term plan, which means he could be dealt at the trade deadline if the right offer comes along.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-trade-...ay-be-dealt-2/

I think Alex Kennedy is losing his insider touch for the Bucks. Highly doubt we trade Sanders now.

vCash
    I'm hoping that Harris-Henson-Sanders is the starting frontcourt by next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    I'm hoping that Harris-Henson-Sanders is the starting frontcourt by next season.
    I have been screaming for this. I'd rather have that right now. I know it might hurt us now, but will only help them for the future.

vCash
    I think Sanders will be our starting center next year for sure. I see us letting Dalembert walk. I'd like us to re-sign Dunleavy again.

vCash
    Sanders looked very good last night. I'll have to eat crow on him, I didn't think he had that kind of game in him to be honest. He's really improved. Now I still think he has a ways to go in his offensive game (I don't see him consistently hitting that jumper he swished last night, and that laser hook shouldn't have gone in), but he's leaps and bounds better than last year. Hopefully he can be this solid on a semi-regular basis and avoid some of the dumb fouls he got. Like that one where he had Gibson in the air having to throw up a super difficult shot then Larry brings his hands down.

vCash
    Will be interesting how much Sanders commands as a RFA in 2014/15. Same goes for Udoh. Could be the same as what happened with GADZ and Zaza. lol DeAndre Jordan got a big deal. Sanders could easily get about that much if he keeps this up.

vCash
    He probably will get more than he's worth, but who knows. He still has enough to prove until that point, and maybe we can extend him for another year or two before them. He does seem to like it here when he gets the minutes.

vCash
    I definitely think Sanders has the potential to become pretty expensive. Javale McGee just got 4 years 44 million.

If Sanders continues to improve, he could be a 15 PPG, 10 RPG and 3.5 BPG guy next season. That would be worth 4 years 52 million probably, maybe even 5 years 65 million.

My hope is that this offseason, they amnesty gooden, and allow Ellis, Udrih, and Dalembert to walk. Then, pay Jennings, Sanders, and Dunleavy, as well as Demar Derozan or Gerald Henderson.

Jennings, Sanders, and Derozan/Henderson would be a ton of money, but if they could avoid backloading them, and even slightly frontload them, it would give them the necessary flexibility going forward.

vCash
    He probably will get more than he's worth, but who knows. He still has enough to prove until that point, and maybe we can extend him for another year or two before them. He does seem to like it here when he gets the minutes.
    The way he was interacting with the crowed after he fouled out last night makes me think he loves it here. Maybe we can get him at a discount for that.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast