Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation Game 3: Grizzlies at Bucks 7PM CST 11/07/12 WED.

VS

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

8:00 PM ET - BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI

2012-13 Regular Season Match-ups (CT)
    Nov. 7, 2012 @ Milwaukee – 7:00 p.m. Dec. 19 @ Memphis – 8:30 p.m.
    ALL-TIME SERIES: Bucks lead 17-14 Home : 9-7 Road : 8-7

The Bucks had only one meeting against the Grizzlies last season, a 95-99 loss on March 31 in Milwaukee.

Ersan Ilyasova recorded a double-double for the Bucks with 20 points and 16 rebounds. Brandon Jennings and Drew Gooden also scored 20+ points – Jennings with 24 and Gooden with 20.

Gooden was a first-round Draft pick (4 th overall) by Memphis in 2002.

Grizzlies head coach Lionel Hollins was an assistant on Bucks head coach Scott Skiles’ staff in 2008-09.
    QUOTABLE … QUOTABLE … QUOTABLE … QUOTABLE …
    Grantland’s Zach Lowe on the potent Grantland’s Zach Lowe on the potent Grantland’s Zach Lowe on the potent Grantland’s Zach Lowe on the potential of Larry Sanders iiaall ooff LLaarrrryy SSaannddeerrss ial of Larry Sanders: :: : “Larry Sanders is going to make his mark on this calendar year, somehow, some way. … when he gets on the floor, Sanders blocks everything in sight and figures into the calculus of every opponent possession. He blocked 9 percent of all opponent shots while he was on the floor last season, the second-highest mark in the league behind only Serge Ibaka, and that one blew away other players’ block rates.” COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY … COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY … COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY … COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY …
    MACC FUND GAME MMAACCCC FFUUNNDD GGAAMMEE MACC FUND GAME – Oct. 20 marked the 36th Annual MACC Fund game at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, an event that has raised more than $1.3 million in the fight against childhood cancer. The event has served as the cornerstone of the Bucks’ 36-year relationship with the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer). FIRE PREVENTION FFIIRREE PPRREEVVEENNTTIIOONN FIRE PREVENTION – –– – Several Bucks players joined with firefighters from Engine 31 on Oct. 12 to walk door-to-door in Milwaukee neighborhoods to check for working smoke detectors and to offer fire safety tips in conjunction with Project F.O.C.U.S. (Firefighters Out Creating Urban Safety).

vCash
    To all Bucks fans:

Feel free to come into the Grizz forum during the game and spark conversations. We both don't have the biggest fan bases so it will be fun!

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Haha so true

vCash
    Going to the game wonder the rotation since udrih is out

vCash
    Yup biggest problem this team is gonna have all year. Neither Ellis or Jennings can consistently score with efficiency as a go-to guy. Jennings is great when he can let offense come. When he has to create shots for himself and force the issue, he usually shoots under 40 percent. Nice to see another solid game from sanders though, and Henson flashed as well. The defensive upside with those two on the floor is phenomenal.

vCash
    Sure seemed like Randolph was draining shots right in Henson face

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekCzajkowski View Post
    Yeah I'm not saying Henson played a great game or anything, just that he showed a little bit of what he's capable of with the 2 blocked shots.

It seemed like Sanders went for the block less tonight. The first two games he had 11 fouls and 14 rebounds. Tonight, he had only 4 fouls (still a lot for 26 minutes, but an improvement) and 11 rebounds. I love his energy, but there are definitely times when he is better served just blocking out and going for the rebound. That was good to see tonight.

Excited about Harris-Henson-Sanders. Could probably average 7 BPG.
    Last edited by thornga2; 11-08-2012 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    I had a feeling we would get slaughtered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2:24239610
    Yeah I'm not saying Henson played a great game or anything, just that he showed a little bit of what he's capable of with the 2 blocked shots.

It seemed like Sanders went for the block less tonight. The first two games he had 11 fouls and 14 rebounds. Tonight, he had only 4 fouls (still a lot for 26 minutes, but an improvement) and 11 rebounds. I love his energy, but there are definitely times when he is better served just blocking out and going for the rebound. That was good to see tonight.

Excited about Harris-Henson-Sanders. Could probably average 7 BPG.
    Sanders is finally coming around Henson has a long way to go so does lamb. Lambs shooting was putrid last night

vCash
    My thoughts from the game:

-Someone already stated, we don't have a go-to scorer right now, Jennings could in a year or two but not yet. (Eric Gordon seems very unhappy in N.O.)

-Larry Freaking Sanders, I just love the energy he has brought so far. I know sometimes he's a little out of control, but I'll take the hustle anyday. I'm still a firm believer that Sanders could be our starting center next year.

-Tobias Harris needs more than 7 shots, our offense needs him to take more shots especially if Jennings and Ellis aren't scoring.

-OUR STARTING PF MISSED A WIDE OPEN LAYUP. Thank you Ersan Illyasova. I'm hopiing in a year or two Henson will make enough strides that we can trade Illy. I don't mind him but he is way overpaid for what he brings. Can't be making 8 mill and missing layups.

- Love seeing Doron Lamb in the game. Just needs to find his rhythm.

-Most of all: GOOD GOD CAN WE TRADE MONTA NOW!!! How bad can this tandem (jennings&Ellis) look before we seriously consider this aviable option??? Ellis can score in bunches...just not when we need him to...which kind of defeats the purpose for trading for him in the first place.

-
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Sanders is finally coming around Henson has a long way to go so does lamb. Lambs shooting was putrid last night

It was Hensons first game. Lamb only took 5 shots...
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    What we get in return for Ellis? I mentioned Matthews and a filler from Blazers. What else looks realistic from a trading stand point? Tyreke Evans and Francisco Garcia for Ellis? Few mentioned Gordon not happy. Ya figure Joe Johnson was traded in the summer as well as the late trade of the beard and Martin were traded. Not many sg left out there.

vCash
    Evan Turner was on trading block last year. But with the summer trade of Iggy not sure if he is any more.

vCash
    Afflalo or Redick would be other sg's I would consider. Doubt Magic trade Afflalo this soon though since he was the main piece in the Howard trade. Not sure if Jazz would trade Burks.

vCash
    I was hoping for Derozan, but he got an extension. There really aren't going to be a lot of guys available. Harden was the best shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast