Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What confused me is that I stared at your post for about a minute thinking "why did he respond to his own post". I guess all you people with an f at the beginning of your name look alike to me.
    This isn't one of the 18 race based threads going on right now... so you can take your f prejudice into one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Confusion is understandable.. For example some people think open-minded means "Thinks like me."
    All people think open mindedness means "think like me"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Uhhh no. But apparently you do, which doesn't surprise me since you also believe Obama is a former/secret Muslim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    no actually they don't. People who know what the word means don't:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/open-minded

open-minded adj.
    having a mind receptive to new ideas, arguments, etc.; unprejudiced

or

Receptive to new and different ideas or the opinions of others.
    Because someone does not agree with you doesn't make them close minded. People can listen receptively to other ideas and then dismiss them and still be open minded. It's not about agreement it's about receptivity, consideration, hell even empathy. I think I have an understanding of why you believe what you do, I just have a fundamentally different world view than you. So despite the fact that your view point makes perfect sense to you, represents what is the truth in the world as you see it. I take the same information and come to a very different conclusion. it doesn't make me close minded to consider the info and come to a different conclusion, it just means we think differently.

vCash
    One fact that I don't think they are anxious to talk about is the fact that Paul Ryan voted for the sequestration that he now seems to think is terrible. Which of course brings up the point of why would he vote for something that he thinks is such bad policy.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll690.xml
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    One fact that I don't think they are anxious to talk about is the fact that Paul Ryan voted for the sequestration that he now seems to think is terrible. Which of course brings up the point of why would he vote for something that he thinks is such bad policy.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll690.xml
    It's like sleeping with a coworker, or just one more drink for the road... Seemed like a good idea at the time. And it does make him more of an appropriate choice for mitt romney's VP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    It's like sleeping with a coworker, or just one more drink for the road... Seemed like a good idea at the time. And it does make him more of an appropriate choice for mitt romney's VP.
    Its just like many of Paul Ryan's other votes. Particularly for the big spending of the Bush administration. He voted for the Medicare Part D expansion, without paying for it. He voted for the Iraq war, without paying for it. He voted for the Afghanistan war, without paying for it.

So far his votes have tallied $800B (Iraq), $550B (Afghanistan), $300B (Medicare Part D), and $1T (all the Bush tax cuts - estimate not actual calculation). That is quite a hole in our budget deficit. Policies he has supported have exploded the debt and now he comes to us to preach fiscal discipline. Which really makes me laugh but its also sad that so many people are buying into his kool-aid.

If you support cutting the debt and deficit, good for you then we have something in common. But this is not something that you or I share with Paul Ryan. He wants to balloon the debt when he's in power and then blame in on the other party when he is in the minority or in no real position to do anything about it. Please see through his politics 101 BS and don't support him for his "fiscal chops".

If you want to believe that Democrats want to raise taxes, go right ahead, but next time remember that when one party or the other wants to also increase spending, who is going to pay for it. If you cynically believe that Democrats want to raise everyone's taxes at least they are doing that when they increase spending, against I say sarcastically.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12