Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Mitt Romney's aides say they wont let facts get in the way of their "campaign"

"Fact checkers come to this with their own sets of thoughts and beliefs, and we’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers," he said. The fact-checkers — whose institutional rise has been a feature of the cycle — have "jumped the shark," he added after the panel.
    http://www.americablog.com/2012/08/r...ur-ads-be.html

thats got to be a big **** you to the US no?

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&ta...w=1280&bih=370

vCash
    Stupid thread that has nothing to do with Mitt Romney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Stupid thread that has nothing to do with Mitt Romney.
    when half the **** that his campaign airs on TV, and half the **** he and his VP say are debunked and proven as blatant lies, yes it kind of does.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    when half the **** that his campaign airs on TV, and half the **** he and his VP say are debunked and proven as blatant lies, yes it kind of does.....
    Oh so now everything at the RNC was bogus and Obama is a job creating, spendthrift. I see your position clearly.
    Last edited by Captain Moroni; 08-31-2012 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    It seems like the campaign strategy of Romney has been to talk down to the public. His "big speech" last night was as much bluster as Rubio's or anyone else's at the convention.

His "5 point plan" was still vague. He barely addressed medicare, and only in the context of saying Obama was going to gut it, and didn't really address a slew of other agenda items like social security, immigration, energy, or WARS. I mean Jesus, we're having a Presidential election during wartime (albeit some sort of strange permanent war) and nobody is talking about it on the campaign trail.

All in all, the speech was more like a rally for the base than any sort of platform or presentation of the candidate to America. Our friends on the right on this board will probably say Obama is being just as mean and non-substantive as well. Perhaps you're right, but Obama has 4 years of policies on the job - he doesn't need to go out reminding people that he passed a landmark health care law and has had numerous appointments and his job bill hung up by Republican obstinance. The GOP does a fine job of doing those things for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    It seems like the campaign strategy of Romney has been to talk down to the public. His "big speech" last night was as much bluster as Rubio's or anyone else's at the convention.

His "5 point plan" was still vague. He barely addressed medicare, and only in the context of saying Obama was going to gut it, and didn't really address a slew of other agenda items like social security, immigration, energy, or WARS. I mean Jesus, we're having a Presidential election during wartime (albeit some sort of strange permanent war) and nobody is talking about it on the campaign trail.

All in all, the speech was more like a rally for the base than any sort of platform or presentation of the candidate to America. Our friends on the right on this board will probably say Obama is being just as mean and non-substantive as well. Perhaps you're right, but Obama has 4 years of policies on the job - he doesn't need to go out reminding people that he passed a landmark health care law and has had numerous appointments and his job bill hung up by Republican obstinance. The GOP does a fine job of doing those things for him.
    Nice open minded approach. A healthcare law you call landmark is the biggest blunder he has made in the last 4 years.
    His non partisan approach is why he is in so much trouble right now.
    Easy to sit and call the RNC full of garbage, but numbers dont lie.
    How anyone can stand behind a man who is destroying what makes us great is crazy.
    Nothing Is more important right now than the economy. No amount of liberal mud slinging at the only qualified candidate in this election can change that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Nice open minded approach. A healthcare law you call landmark is the biggest blunder he has made in the last 4 years.
    His non partisan approach is why he is in so much trouble right now.
    Easy to sit and call the RNC full of garbage, but numbers dont lie.
    How anyone can stand behind a man who is destroying what makes us great is crazy.
    Nothing Is more important right now than the economy. No amount of liberal mud slinging at the only qualified candidate in this election can change that.
    Wait what? You say I'm not open-minded and then you say that the health care law is a huge blunder and is destroying this country. ???

All I said was that it's a landmark legislation, which it is whether you like it or not. I have my problems with the health care law, but the status quo before it was not a tenable situation. But that's a different argument for a different thread. My argument was just that Romney's platform has no substance to it (yet). He missed a big opportunity to present it and instead just fired up his base, and it looks like it worked for you so maybe it was a job well done.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Wait what? You say I'm not open-minded and then you say that the health care law is a huge blunder and is destroying this country. ???

All I said was that it's a landmark legislation, which it is whether you like it or not. I have my problems with the health care law, but the status quo before it was not a tenable situation. But that's a different argument for a different thread. My argument was just that Romney's platform has no substance to it (yet). He missed a big opportunity to present it and instead just fired up his base, and it looks like it worked for you so maybe it was a job well done.
    Confusion is understandable.. For example some people think open-minded means "Thinks like me."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Confusion is understandable.. For example some people think open-minded means "Thinks like me."
    What confused me is that I stared at your post for about a minute thinking "why did he respond to his own post". I guess all you people with an f at the beginning of your name look alike to me.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    All people think open mindedness means "think like me"

vCash
    I actually agree. Fact checkers are not above reproach just because they call themselves fact checkers and just because a group calls themselves bipartisan or neutral doesn't make it so.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    lol the title is so intended to get a rise out of people when that isn't even what was said. Big difference between facts getting in the way of their campaign and their campaign "being dictated by fact checkers"

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    This is a trend in politics, as I said in another thread.

Call yourself a "fact checker" and whine about minutia. All the while claiming debatable points are "lies."
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-31-2012 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    One of the sadder parts of some in the press labeling themselves as fact checkers, is their fact checking can be biased, often in favor of the Obama camp. Investors Business Daily had an article about that with examples this morning.

"The Media's 'Fact Check' Smokescreen"

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ral-agenda.htm

vCash
    So landmark in this case would be bad? I guess we agree then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast