Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,200
    vCash
    1500

    Mitt Romney's aides say they wont let facts get in the way of their "campaign"

    "Fact checkers come to this with their own sets of thoughts and beliefs, and we’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers," he said. The fact-checkers — whose institutional rise has been a feature of the cycle — have "jumped the shark," he added after the panel.
    http://www.americablog.com/2012/08/r...ur-ads-be.html


    thats got to be a big **** you to the US no?

    http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&ta...w=1280&bih=370

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,240
    vCash
    1500
    Stupid thread that has nothing to do with Mitt Romney.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,200
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Stupid thread that has nothing to do with Mitt Romney.
    when half the **** that his campaign airs on TV, and half the **** he and his VP say are debunked and proven as blatant lies, yes it kind of does.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    when half the **** that his campaign airs on TV, and half the **** he and his VP say are debunked and proven as blatant lies, yes it kind of does.....
    Oh so now everything at the RNC was bogus and Obama is a job creating, spendthrift. I see your position clearly.
    Last edited by Captain Moroni; 08-31-2012 at 06:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,471
    vCash
    1500
    It seems like the campaign strategy of Romney has been to talk down to the public. His "big speech" last night was as much bluster as Rubio's or anyone else's at the convention.

    His "5 point plan" was still vague. He barely addressed medicare, and only in the context of saying Obama was going to gut it, and didn't really address a slew of other agenda items like social security, immigration, energy, or WARS. I mean Jesus, we're having a Presidential election during wartime (albeit some sort of strange permanent war) and nobody is talking about it on the campaign trail.

    All in all, the speech was more like a rally for the base than any sort of platform or presentation of the candidate to America. Our friends on the right on this board will probably say Obama is being just as mean and non-substantive as well. Perhaps you're right, but Obama has 4 years of policies on the job - he doesn't need to go out reminding people that he passed a landmark health care law and has had numerous appointments and his job bill hung up by Republican obstinance. The GOP does a fine job of doing those things for him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    It seems like the campaign strategy of Romney has been to talk down to the public. His "big speech" last night was as much bluster as Rubio's or anyone else's at the convention.

    His "5 point plan" was still vague. He barely addressed medicare, and only in the context of saying Obama was going to gut it, and didn't really address a slew of other agenda items like social security, immigration, energy, or WARS. I mean Jesus, we're having a Presidential election during wartime (albeit some sort of strange permanent war) and nobody is talking about it on the campaign trail.

    All in all, the speech was more like a rally for the base than any sort of platform or presentation of the candidate to America. Our friends on the right on this board will probably say Obama is being just as mean and non-substantive as well. Perhaps you're right, but Obama has 4 years of policies on the job - he doesn't need to go out reminding people that he passed a landmark health care law and has had numerous appointments and his job bill hung up by Republican obstinance. The GOP does a fine job of doing those things for him.
    Nice open minded approach. A healthcare law you call landmark is the biggest blunder he has made in the last 4 years.
    His non partisan approach is why he is in so much trouble right now.
    Easy to sit and call the RNC full of garbage, but numbers dont lie.
    How anyone can stand behind a man who is destroying what makes us great is crazy.
    Nothing Is more important right now than the economy. No amount of liberal mud slinging at the only qualified candidate in this election can change that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,471
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Nice open minded approach. A healthcare law you call landmark is the biggest blunder he has made in the last 4 years.
    His non partisan approach is why he is in so much trouble right now.
    Easy to sit and call the RNC full of garbage, but numbers dont lie.
    How anyone can stand behind a man who is destroying what makes us great is crazy.
    Nothing Is more important right now than the economy. No amount of liberal mud slinging at the only qualified candidate in this election can change that.
    Wait what? You say I'm not open-minded and then you say that the health care law is a huge blunder and is destroying this country. ???

    All I said was that it's a landmark legislation, which it is whether you like it or not. I have my problems with the health care law, but the status quo before it was not a tenable situation. But that's a different argument for a different thread. My argument was just that Romney's platform has no substance to it (yet). He missed a big opportunity to present it and instead just fired up his base, and it looks like it worked for you so maybe it was a job well done.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,212
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Wait what? You say I'm not open-minded and then you say that the health care law is a huge blunder and is destroying this country. ???

    All I said was that it's a landmark legislation, which it is whether you like it or not. I have my problems with the health care law, but the status quo before it was not a tenable situation. But that's a different argument for a different thread. My argument was just that Romney's platform has no substance to it (yet). He missed a big opportunity to present it and instead just fired up his base, and it looks like it worked for you so maybe it was a job well done.
    Confusion is understandable.. For example some people think open-minded means "Thinks like me."

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Confusion is understandable.. For example some people think open-minded means "Thinks like me."
    What confused me is that I stared at your post for about a minute thinking "why did he respond to his own post". I guess all you people with an f at the beginning of your name look alike to me.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Confusion is understandable.. For example some people think open-minded means "Thinks like me."
    All people think open mindedness means "think like me"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,723
    vCash
    1500
    I actually agree. Fact checkers are not above reproach just because they call themselves fact checkers and just because a group calls themselves bipartisan or neutral doesn't make it so.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,134
    vCash
    950
    lol the title is so intended to get a rise out of people when that isn't even what was said. Big difference between facts getting in the way of their campaign and their campaign "being dictated by fact checkers"

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    This is a trend in politics, as I said in another thread.

    Call yourself a "fact checker" and whine about minutia. All the while claiming debatable points are "lies."
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-31-2012 at 10:28 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    92
    vCash
    1500
    One of the sadder parts of some in the press labeling themselves as fact checkers, is their fact checking can be biased, often in favor of the Obama camp. Investors Business Daily had an article about that with examples this morning.

    "The Media's 'Fact Check' Smokescreen"

    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...ral-agenda.htm

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,240
    vCash
    1500
    So landmark in this case would be bad? I guess we agree then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •