Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

RNC Refused to Say Ron Paul's Name

During nomination today the RNC refused to say his name when he was voted for by 190 delegates.

This was a week after the RNC voided the delegates in Maine, Louisiana, Nevada, and Massachusetts. Changing the nominating rules on the spot that you needed to win 8 states instead of 5 to get nominated (they did that by suspending their own rules first) and also passed a rule saying that all delegates who tried to invoked rule 40 (unbinding themselves) would be automatically disqualified.

This was just the tip of the shenanigans over the last week but i'll spare you guys. I just found it so pathetic the RNC didn't even have the dignity to say his damn name.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout the TWTW!

vCash
    I'll be voting for Gary Johnson or writing-in Ron Paul now. Pathetic move by the RNC. I'm sure my vote won't be the only one Romney will lose over this, not to mention his disrespect of Dr. Paul by not allowing him a speaking spot without jumping through hoops.

vCash
    It truly amazes me what the political machine will do. If they even slightly attempted to embrace some of Ron Paul's views they would gain a huge advantage from the loyalty and passion of his supporters. That comes in big when you want people to do thankless jobs like voter drives, mail stuffing, and petition signing. People who are passionate about an issue are much more likely to try harder and get more people involved. But they keep kicking his supporters and he puts up with it because he thinks that they will come around to his way of thinking or at least give him a voice. But they aren't and he should abandon the GOP and push a 3rd party run with Gary Johnson. They wouldn't win but they would probably get a hefty percentage and steal from both sides of the aisle.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It truly amazes me what the political machine will do. If they even slightly attempted to embrace some of Ron Paul's views they would gain a huge advantage from the loyalty and passion of his supporters. That comes in big when you want people to do thankless jobs like voter drives, mail stuffing, and petition signing. People who are passionate about an issue are much more likely to try harder and get more people involved. But they keep kicking his supporters and he puts up with it because he thinks that they will come around to his way of thinking or at least give him a voice. But they aren't and he should abandon the GOP and push a 3rd party run with Gary Johnson. They wouldn't win but they would probably get a hefty percentage and steal from both sides of the aisle.
    They have. Audit of the Fed, for one thing.

vCash
    write in mickey mouse....your vote doesn't matter anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    They have. Audit of the Fed, for one thing.
    Ron Paul supporters aren't that gullible are they? Because they adopted that knowing it would never happen. It's a check box and not a goal.

vCash
    Audit the Fed, gold standard and internet freedom exposure, Rand got a speaking spot, Kerry Bentivolio, Tom Massie, Karen K, Kurt Bills, Steve Stockman etc etc etc... too many GOP Liberty Candidates to remember at this point and a good lot of them will end up winning. Not to mention we took over the state structures in Iowa, Nevada, and Maine. We took over several localities across the nation and we started to take control of the party structure from the ground up- something they don't know how to fight back against other than to change the state/national rules to kick us out which only makes them look even worse.

ON TOP of all that our influence within the party is more present than it ever has been before... anti-fed stuff especially. Sometimes you don't have specific things to point to but it's clear to me that a lot of the overall message is getting through to a lot of mainstream GOPers.

Rand's now trying to make inroads on auditing the Pentagon (wouldn't have been possible without our support for audit the fed) and to top it all off a giant minority of people had their lives changed for the better and their minds unplugged in ways they never had been before. Ron DOUBLED his vote total and only lost to Romney by a tad less than 8million votes (seems like a lot but in reality it's not when you live in a country of 300million).

Some may try to argue that's all a loss, but I don't see how you can look at the big picture and think our time is not coming.

Having said all that DBroncs is right although I don't think it's the message they failed to embrace (outside of the foreign policy that is) I think it's the PEOPLE they didn't want to embrace.

Because of the disrespect yesterday any chance I had of voting for Romney flew right out the window. If they can't even say "his" name how in the hell should I be expected to vote for their guy?

**** them and **** the current party power structure, we'll stay in this party as long as we have to and one day we'll have the majority and we'll drive these big government republicans back to the holes of **** from which they came.

Time is the great equalizer, and at the end of the day the massive amounts of youth voters that came out in droves to support Paul will grow up. When they do the old fogs that control the party will be long dead and the middle aged leaders now will be forgotten as the party of old.

We will never stop fighting this war for the GOP because Americans deserve a conservative party that's actually conservative, they deserve to have a dollar that's sound, they deserve to have their civil liberties restored, they deserve to have a foreign policy that isn't so imperial, they deserve to have the 10th Amendment taken seriously, and they deserve private property and contract rights back.

We'll never stop fighting for these things because we know they're essential to the survival of our republic.

And... at the end of the day... if Romney wins that pretty much pushes off Rand's run for another 16 years and at the very least 8 years (Figure Romney won't be run against in 2016 if he wins and Ryan would inherit the nomination by default in 2020) so truth be told a lot of Paul's supporters will end up voting for Obama just so they can get Rand on the GOP ticket in 2016 (and because they, at this point, feel completely disrespected.) Also because, as flawed as it may be, Obama's foreign policy (at least for the time being, I still think he's a fraud) is light years better than the war machine the GOP is bringing to the table.

I'll write in Ron Paul because it doesn't matter who I vote for in this state but if I lived in a swing-state I would vote for Obama.

He'll ****ing crash this country so fast that the fiscal conservatism the Ron Paul Republicans are offering will make Rand even more appealing in 2016 and an Obama victory will actually make a Rand run in 2016 possible.

What I really hope happens is Ron Paul runs on the LP ticket in 2016 while Rand runs for the GOP nomination. That way the GOP would basically be forced to pick Rand or risk losing the election with Ron taking so many voters away.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 08-29-2012 at 08:01 AM.

vCash
    Just the smug look on that fraud Reince Priebus face when he announced the rule change "without objection" should be enough to convince anyone that republicans care more about party lines than democracy.

If the opportunity ever presents itself i will smack that man in his face and call him a *****.

I was weary from the beginning about this inside takeover, now I'm convinced the game is rigged and dinosaurs will die. I'll be wasting my vote on Gary Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ron Paul supporters aren't that gullible are they? Because they adopted that knowing it would never happen. It's a check box and not a goal.
    What makes you think it will never happen? They said quite a few things that Ron Paul supported decades ago was crazy and would "never happen," yet now it is in the mainstream chatter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by save the knicks View Post
    Just the smug look on that fraud Reince Priebus face when he announced the rule change "without objection" should be enough to convince anyone that republicans care more about party lines than democracy.

If the opportunity ever presents itself i will smack that man in his face and call him a *****.

I was weary from the beginning about this inside takeover, now I'm convinced the game is rigged and dinosaurs will die. I'll be wasting my vote on Gary Johnson.
    If you're going to waste your vote please waste it on writing in Ron Paul.

I fear if Johnson does too well it will just drive the Ron Paul people into the useless Libertarian Party and the conservatives in this country will split- only further deepening democratic power across the nation.

And for the whole "sending a message with Johnson" thing... Perot got 20% not too long ago and it didn't make a damn difference, the average American probably doesn't even know who he is.

It's important we stay in the GOP, and it's important Gary Johnson and the LP doesn't bogart off of Ron Paul's success.

Plus, 20 years from now you'll be proud to say you wrote him in.

vCash
    Ron, Carol, and one of their granddaughters left the GOP snake pit yesterday afternoon, but the State was not yet through with them. At the little airport in Clearwater, 8 TSA agents descended on them and ordered them not to board their private plane. First, the pilots, the airplane, and the passengers would have to be screened in great detail, because Romney might be nearby. After a long examination of the pilots and their credentials, the agents said they had to check the plane for explosives. One of the pilots noted that the plane, full of gas, was already a bomb. Then Carol Paul, who has a heart pacemaker, refused to be screened, and an aide started taking video of the whole rotten proceeding. At that point, the TSA backed down and let them through.
    http://lewrockwell.com/rockwell/ron-...ention197.html

While I usually don't go to Lew Rockwell for my news he's one of Ron's best friends and probably heard about this first hand.

What a way to top off that day...

vCash
    This whole fiasco will come back to bite the GOP in the ***. Corruption at its finest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    What makes you think it will never happen? They said quite a few things that Ron Paul supported decades ago was crazy and would "never happen," yet now it is in the mainstream chatter.
    I just don't see a lot of what Ron Paul says catching on from either side. This is just one example, but Harry Reid has long supported an audit the fed style bill. Once the House passed one, he has decided there will be no vote on it.

I chose this example because it is an example of the Democrats changing their mind on a Ron Paul proposal now that it has gained traction. This is certainly by no means unique though. People might support an abstract idea but when it comes to putting their name to it the situation changes.

vCash
    The RNC is so scared of Ron Paul. I really wish people would stop voting for Democrats and Republicans to send the message, but unfortunately people just dont care or are too stupid to realize whats going on.

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash
    Whatever, I was going to vote for Johnson from the start. Hopefully he'll gain a bit of traction after this election.

For all you Paul supporters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=xrU6hTWyj6s#!

Johnson supported Paul for President in 08 and was the only who named someone when asked who he would pick for his running mate, that person being Paul.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast