Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Montreal Fan Chat

Football Forum

vCash

vCash
    Looks like Montreal might have some troubles this year. The new coach doesn't seem to know how to use Calvillo. If the season goes on like this I'm guessing it might be his last one.

vCash
    Hawkins was terrible at Colorado, but as an X's and O's guy he was very creative at Boise St. I thought his style would translate well to CFL but we'll have to see

vCash
    It may translate well to the CFL but it may not work well with Calvillo. Calvillo needs time in the pocket and protection to pick apart a defense. Montreal seems to be putting less emphasis on protection and having the qb move around more and go for more deep plays which allows the defense time to get to him. Calvillo is great at the quick hit passes. A younger qb with great legs and a strong arm might have better success in this system.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=428903

Hawkins fired only 5 games into the season. Thought it was a sudden move. I guess the Als weren't used to starting the season slow so they figured the coach was to blame.

vCash
    Ya, pretty sudden, has to be more than just thier start, maybe some conflicts with the players. God, they should just take a breathe, its a long season and every team in the East is struggling and at 2-3 WTF, and to get the boot after a victory, really makes this smell bad!

vCash
    I actually can't believe it took them five games to pull the trigger on this. It was pretty clear that the players were upset with the offensive strategy that Hawkins was getting them to utilize.

vCash
    Guys are getting knocked around by Argo's in that 1st Quarter. Doesn't look like the confident team as in past years, plus 1st time I've heard boo's in that stadium!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by og_morrow View Post
    I actually can't believe it took them five games to pull the trigger on this. It was pretty clear that the players were upset with the offensive strategy that Hawkins was getting them to utilize.
    A guy straight out of the NFL with no CFL expierence as head coach will fail more often then not. They need a couple years at least as an assistant to learn that our game is much different than the NFL. He was doomed to fail the moment he said ....yes

vCash
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=300938

Montreal has signed Chad Johnson for the season. Hopefully he can have a solid season for them.