• 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 210 of 257 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    You ever get to watch the CFL? Always wondered why the CFL doesn't get a little more attention in the US considering how football crazy they are. There are a lot of us college stars that end up here, former NFL'ers, future NFL'ers, and it starts 8-9 weeks earlier giving football fans and extra 2 months of football to watch.
    This is actually the first year I've ever been able to watch CFL games. ESPN3 streams the games and archives them for replay too. I've been learning the rules and strategies a bit but I'm still behind. I like it though, and it's cool recognizing names from NCAA.

edit: and I share your curiosity with why CFL hasn't caught on here, it's still football with a few rule tweaks from what we're used to, and played at a time when no other football is on.

I really like Mathews, give him another year or two and I think he can be the replacement for Simon as the dominant receiver in the league. Also a good chance he ends up in the NFL soon considering his size and skillset.

This may be working. Need more posters, but this looks like a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    This is actually the first year I've ever been able to watch CFL games. ESPN3 streams the games and archives them for replay too. I've been learning the rules and strategies a bit but I'm still behind. I like it though, and it's cool recognizing names from NCAA.

edit: and I share your curiosity with why CFL hasn't caught on here, it's still football with a few rule tweaks from what we're used to, and played at a time when no other football is on.
    A lot of very good ncaa players that are considered too small for the nfl end up here. Great players who's quickness is more valuable and useful up here then size. Any questions about the rules let us know.

As for the popularity in the us I think a lot of it has to do with sports snobery (I guess thats the best way to put it). It happens with all the sports, people start to think that if its not the superstars then its not good football/basketball/baseball/hockey. But sometimes its more entertaining and a very high quality.
    Last edited by Bramaca; 08-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Simpson has done a pretty good job in Winnipeg. Wonder how Messam will feel sharing the backfield with Boyd, got to be bumbed out he didn't even make a practice roster down south. Want to see him play first. But I can't see the Esk's keeping them both.

More fans may come. It would be good to get a couple from each team.

I couldn't agree more with the snobery comment

A lot of us Americas overlook the sport for the simple fact that it's "Canadian", which is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin lol, but sadly that's just how it is around here. , ESPN doesn't even show the scores on the bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I couldn't agree more with the snobery comment

A lot of us Americas overlook the sport for the simple fact that it's "Canadian", which is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin lol, but sadly that's just how it is around here. , ESPN doesn't even show the scores on the bottom line
    It happens in Canada too, especially Toronto. They don't support their CFL team at all because they think they deserve an NFL team yet they can't even fill the stadium for the one Bills game they get every year.

I like him as well. Big bodied, fast and makes the tough catches. As for being as good as Simon in a year or 2, I would think if he puts 2 big years together, he'll take a look at the NFL. But many have gone before him and have returned. But he is the proto typical type of player that the NFL likes.

I'm really hoping the Bombers can break the Labor Day losing streak in Saskatchewan. Sort of glad that Pierce isn't going either, not a huge fan of him as the Bombers qb.
    I hope they can as well, but they seem cursed when it comes to Labour Day. Just keep it close, last year was not good. But the Rider fans are going to be loud, and they need a win as bad as the Bombers do. Hope its at least an entertaining game and no 20 punt games.

More fans may come. It would be good to get a couple from each team.
    May take a week or more to get more posters. There are viewers looking at the threads, just need to get it rolling. A couple from each team would be great then hopefully once people get used to it , more will join.

Can't believe they overturned that fumble. He took almost 2 full steps with the ball.

Damnit, good win for Montreal, tough loss for BC. Seemed like Lulay had difficulty adjusting to the late blitzes. Whitaker was solid. Bruce played a helluva game, too. Ugh, oh well on to the next.

A fun game last night. Also thought Whitaker was the big weapon for the Al's, but game could have gone either way. Love the atmoshere at the game, fans are great there.

Bottom line B.C had to settle for too many field goals, while Montreal finished their drives with TD's. These 2 teams so far look like the ones to beat.

Messam signed on till end of 2014. That takes care of him, what happens with Boyd?