Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.C. Fan Chat

vCash

B.C. Fan Chat

Football Forum

vCash
    I've designated myself as a BC fan because in the NFL I also root for the Lions

vCash
    Great, I hope this catches on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I've designated myself as a BC fan because in the NFL I also root for the Lions
    You ever get to watch the CFL? Always wondered why the CFL doesn't get a little more attention in the US considering how football crazy they are. There are a lot of us college stars that end up here, former NFL'ers, future NFL'ers, and it starts 8-9 weeks earlier giving football fans and extra 2 months of football to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    You ever get to watch the CFL? Always wondered why the CFL doesn't get a little more attention in the US considering how football crazy they are. There are a lot of us college stars that end up here, former NFL'ers, future NFL'ers, and it starts 8-9 weeks earlier giving football fans and extra 2 months of football to watch.
    This is actually the first year I've ever been able to watch CFL games. ESPN3 streams the games and archives them for replay too. I've been learning the rules and strategies a bit but I'm still behind. I like it though, and it's cool recognizing names from NCAA.

edit: and I share your curiosity with why CFL hasn't caught on here, it's still football with a few rule tweaks from what we're used to, and played at a time when no other football is on.

vCash
    This is actually the first year I've ever been able to watch CFL games. ESPN3 streams the games and archives them for replay too. I've been learning the rules and strategies a bit but I'm still behind. I like it though, and it's cool recognizing names from NCAA.

edit: and I share your curiosity with why CFL hasn't caught on here, it's still football with a few rule tweaks from what we're used to, and played at a time when no other football is on.
    A lot of very good ncaa players that are considered too small for the nfl end up here. Great players who's quickness is more valuable and useful up here then size. Any questions about the rules let us know.

As for the popularity in the us I think a lot of it has to do with sports snobery (I guess thats the best way to put it). It happens with all the sports, people start to think that if its not the superstars then its not good football/basketball/baseball/hockey. But sometimes its more entertaining and a very high quality.
    Last edited by Bramaca; 08-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    I couldn't agree more with the snobery comment

A lot of us Americas overlook the sport for the simple fact that it's "Canadian", which is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin lol, but sadly that's just how it is around here. , ESPN doesn't even show the scores on the bottom line

vCash
    I couldn't agree more with the snobery comment

A lot of us Americas overlook the sport for the simple fact that it's "Canadian", which is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin lol, but sadly that's just how it is around here. , ESPN doesn't even show the scores on the bottom line
    It happens in Canada too, especially Toronto. They don't support their CFL team at all because they think they deserve an NFL team yet they can't even fill the stadium for the one Bills game they get every year.

vCash
    And the Lions get better with Elimimian back from the NFL. Tough defence just got better.

vCash
    Reilly looks like he is very accurate with his throwing and has a really good arm on top of that. Maybe the Lions will take a trade in the offseason of Buck and Terence Edwards for him and either one of their middle linebackers (Bighill or Elimimbian). If only.

vCash
    I think he is on Ottawa's radar.

vCash
    He may be on their radar but there is more then a year before they could go for him.

vCash
    Drew Willy will probably get their interest as well. But you are right, lots can happen in a year. Bombers may want 1 of them!

vCash
    60th season logo vote.

I think I'm partial to #3, and I swear the Lion is laughing in #5 lol.

Also, any idea why two of the logos say 1953-2013 but #2 says 1954-2013?

vCash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast