3 6.67%
  • Noo!

36 80.00%
  • IDK

6 13.33%
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    The Bosh/Gasol swap isnt as bad as folks here say for the Heat franchise, Gasols skill set fits Lebron and Wade with his post ability and passing skills. The biggest key is allowing Miami more financial freedom though in the next few seasons.
    The only added flexibility Pau's contract gives you is that it does not have a player option for `14-15, `15-16. If Bosh opts out, which I expect he will, the flexibility is essentially the same, no?

vCash
    why would we take gasoft for bosh? in this system we need a big that can knock down the 18 footer. no big is better at that than the dinosaur. I bosh **** all the time for his effort and lack of rebounding, but like rio, bosh shows up in the playoffs, and thats all that really matters. If bosh's man period extends into june, then things will get interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoHcarolina52 View Post
    The only added flexibility Pau's contract gives you is that it does not have a player option for `14-15, `15-16. If Bosh opts out, which I expect he will, the flexibility is essentially the same, no?
    Gasol's contract ends after next season and Bosh's contract extends through the 2016 season. Bosh wont get anywhere near the max on his next deal, so what your saying is if (which he wont) opts out that its the same deal basically. Um thats a max salary on the books for two extra seasons on that "if".

vCash
    Gasol's contract ends after next season and Bosh's contract extends through the 2016 season. Bosh wont get anywhere near the max on his next deal, so what your saying is if (which he wont) opts out that its the same deal basically. Um thats a max salary on the books for two extra seasons on that "if".
    If bosh opts out after 2014, he can still sign a 5year deal for around 12mil per, which is 60mil. vs. just accepting checks the final 2 years in miami...60mil>20mil plus, is he were to get injured in his final 2 years here it would hurt him a lot on his next deal.

vCash
    So, you'd rather break up a championship team and receive an inferior player in exchange on the "if" that he doesn't opt out?

If Bosh's contract becomes such a liability that it straps the team financially to the point that they can no longer afford the "big 3," they can always look to trade him for relief or--worst case--amnesty him, but only when that point comes. There's really no need to compromise the integrity and chemistry of a championship team on the basis of an "if" that may or may not materialize two years down the line.

vCash
    The people who want to trade for Gasoft are crazy. Bosh > 4 Gasoft's. If we trade Bosh, it has to be for a Center. If you were to offer me McGee+ 2 players for Bosh, it might be something worth considering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoHcarolina52 View Post
    So, you'd rather break up a championship team and receive an inferior player in exchange on the "if" that he doesn't opt out?

If Bosh's contract becomes such a liability that it straps the team financially to the point that they can no longer afford the "big 3," they can always look to trade him for relief or--worst case--amnesty him, but only when that point comes. There's really no need to compromise the integrity and chemistry of a championship team on the basis of an "if" that may or may not materialize two years down the line.
    I didnt say to trade him I just said that trade idea is not as dumb as folks were making it seem. Ya know there is positives not saying get er done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    The people who want to trade for Gasoft are crazy. Bosh > 4 Gasoft's. If we trade Bosh, it has to be for a Center. If you were to offer me McGee+ 2 players for Bosh, it might be something worth considering.
    Just my opinion but I don't think Denver would trade McGee straight up for Bosh

vCash
    Just my opinion but I don't think Denver would trade McGee straight up for Bosh
    \denver would love to get rid of him imo. he has astmha issues, only can play 23min a game and is making 12mil a year for the next 4 years.

anyways, mcgee is a knuckle head, hell no to getting him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    \denver would love to get rid of him imo. he has astmha issues, only can play 23min a game and is making 12mil a year for the next 4 years.

anyways, mcgee is a knuckle head, hell no to getting him
    They rented him last year then re signed him this offseason because they liked what they saw, why do you say they'd love to get rid of him.

vCash
    They rented him last year then re signed him this offseason because they liked what they saw, why do you say they'd love to get rid of him.
    for the reasons i wrote. he can only play 23min a game, and he hasn't been that impressive. plus he has a ridiculously low iq

vCash
    I didnt say to trade him I just said that trade idea is not as dumb as folks were making it seem. Ya know there is positives not saying get er done.
    If the "biggest key" (your words) of that deal is the potential cap space it would give us in 2014-16, it isn't a very good one.

The fact that a trade has a (modest) positive attribute doesn't, by itself, make it worthy of consideration.

vCash
    I still can't believe you people are actually talking about trading Bosh We're the DEFENDING world CHAMPIONS. Until someone knocks off that title there will be NOOOOOO need for change. I swear you HEAT fans have to be the saddest thing on this forum...
    "A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning."-Pat Riley.

vCash
    Wow when a person doesn't just dismiss another person's idea, doesn't promote it only shows there could be positives this forum trips out and runs with it. I'm just open to hearing sports wether its trades, line up changes, benchings whatever its all just talk. If I wanted to be close minded I'd stay in my own head instead of come to these forums to discuss.

NO ONE IS SAYING TRADE BOSH...I just didn't dismiss it alright people

vCash
    I seen a possible trade idea that a writer from I think it was the Miami Herald or the Sun Sent. and he suggested a trade that the Heat could give to the Lakers for Gasol. The Heat would give up MM, JJ, Haslem, Pitt and possibly that 1st rd. pick for Gasol and then the Heat pick up Martin. At 1st I said thats crazy but as he explained a little more it really didn't seem that bad. I know it won't happen but a roster of these guys looks good to me. What do u guys think?

Chalmers/Cole
    Wade/Allen
    LBJ/Battier
    Bosh/Martin/ Lewis
    Gasol/Birdman/Varnando
    [/CENTER]

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast