3 6.67%
  • Noo!

36 80.00%
  • IDK

6 13.33%
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    I dont like bringing all of our oversea guys in for the same camp... especially when there isn't even really an open roster spot... seems like we are throwing away rights to guys like dozier and varnado...
    That's one way to put it, but from my take... Either these guys have it or they don't.

Most of those guys were already Seniors coming out of college as it is. Then they spent time overseas.

Harris (25), Varnado (24), Dozier (26), Gladness (26)... look at the age of these guys. Can't really expect a guy to get a whole lot better at 26-27 years old playing in Europe. There are only so many Gary Neal types.

vCash
    ^ thank u, smh they have to come one day and how long do u think we should hold on to them?¿? Either they're ready or not, especially after 2 & 3 years. Plus if they where that good they would have been drafted higher or another team would have offered us something for them, like a real center

vCash
    all I'm saying is I think Varnado in particular can be a productive NBA player at some point. Sucks to bring him into the fold now when it is very unlikely there will be a roster spot for him. We have like 6 guys fighting for MAYBE one roster spot...

Would have rather seen Varnado go back overseas to play in a better league, and then come over when we actually have a roster spot for him.

vCash
    Bosh is adding weight to play full time center. I wonder if we start Battier again or have UD starting this time.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    Bosh is adding weight to play full time center. I wonder if we start Battier again or have UD starting this time.
    I kinda don't like that. Adding weight might stall his offensive game a bit, and he shouldn't be full time center anyway. Move him to his natural position.

vCash
    adding weight might give him knee troubles like he had in toronto

vCash
    If this was my team? I would go into camp with 15-17, I know the max is 20 but I just feel as if though we can do much better and may have a chance at an awesome trade around the deadline (not saying we need one, but jussayn)
    I like our team the way it is NOW! I mean we are the champs, we did it pretty easily (outside of the Boston series) even with personnel at less than 100% , we didn't lose anyone significant, yet we gain Lewis and Ray Ray? shoot, we only got better.
    We don't need to overload our roster guys, I know the situation with LA and the new look Knicks and Boston, but just remember, the road to the finals goes through South Beach! their rosters changed because of US! there is no need for us to follow suit...just play our game and let the chips fall where they may.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    If this was my team? I would go into camp with 15-17, I know the max is 20 but I just feel as if though we can do much better and may have a chance at an awesome trade around the deadline (not saying we need one, but jussayn)
    I like our team the way it is NOW! I mean we are the champs, we did it pretty easily (outside of the Boston series) even with personnel at less than 100% , we didn't lose anyone significant, yet we gain Lewis and Ray Ray? shoot, we only got better.
    We don't need to overload our roster guys, I know the situation with LA and the new look Knicks and Boston, but just remember, the road to the finals goes through South Beach! their rosters changed because of US! there is no need for us to follow suit...just play our game and let the chips fall where they may.
    I've said it many times before. Ray Allen alone made this an A+ offeason. We now have a guy that adds another dimension to what we can do offensively.

vCash
    Terrel Hariis now the 16th player added to the roster...probably will cut someone after camp...but maybe a trade is lingering...?

vCash
    Dozier will also get a make good deal... taking the HEAT's camp bodies up to 18 I believe.

Wouldn't expect a trade unless the HEAT really likes what it sees out of Varnado (That could make Joel and his 3 years/11 million total expendable...as Varnado is a VERY similar player...although with perhaps a better feel around the rim).

Most of the guys being brought into camp will simply be cut.

Still wouldn't mind bringing in Anderson, Millicic, or Kenyon Martin. Also wouldn't mind adding Hassan Whiteside to the camp roster.

A Joel Anthony deal could work with any under the cap team in exchange for cash and a second rounder, but we would need to have a contingency plan in place. Id rather not keep dead weight around this year though.

Ideally I would like to see the roster look like this:

Chalmers/Cole
    Wade/Allen/Miller
    James/Battier/Lewis/Jones
    Bosh/Haslem
    Anderson/Varnado

+ one high achiever from camp... and cut the rest of the dead weight...

vCash
    there is a possibility that the heat is looking to shop joel

http://www.spoelstraheat.com/could-t...-joel-anthony/

OLYMPIAKOS 2011-2012,2012-2013 BACK TO BACK EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!

vCash
    If the Heat trade Joel than it better be for an upgrade at C, not just for cap space only. I don't trust Varnado, at least not right now. Even if he has the tools, we still don't know about his IQ (mostly defensive awareness). Plus Varnado is 220 max. Can he bang with NBA bigs?

Whoever we sign for the min can bolt next season (a la Turiaf). That could leave us with an aging Haslem and the likes of Varnado as the only bigs outside of Bosh.

vCash
    @JerryZgoda
    Hassan Whiteside is in Miami working out for Heat today, but his agent says Wolves "still very much in the mix" for the 7-footer

@youngwhiteside
    Headin to south beach ✈

vCash
    If he actually added 40lbs like he claims might not be too bad of a signing

You mad Bill?!

Let's Go HEAT!!!

vCash
    Apparently he'll be in town through Thursday working out for Riley and Spo.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast