Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: HEAT Should Trade for Bynum

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    3 6.67%
  • Noo!

    36 80.00%
  • IDK

    6 13.33%
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1003
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,488
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Weight and bulk had a lot to do with it yes. But no reason bigger than the fact that I would just hate to see Spo fall in love with small ball so much that he makes Bosh the primary center. Why tire him out? Also, Harrellson I believe is 6'10" but I could be wrong on that; I'll check. He also rebounds and can stretch the floor at the 5, so I thought it would be a good way to keep opposing defenses stretched out (keep in mind I'm kinda basing this off what Knick fans have said since they've watched him before).

    I agree he isn't the better defender, and that's why I would have absolutely no problems with Martin at the 4 and Bosh at the 5. But Harrellson is not the offensive liability Joel is and while his defense isn't as good Joel's, it isn't atrocious. This is all speculation, but I will say that Kenyon Martin would indeed change things for me as far as whether or not to start Bosh at center. With the options we would have, there are ways Spo could limit Bosh's center minutes regardless whether he "starts" there or not.
    Isn't Martin better equipped to deal with guarding centers than Bosh, he's alot tougher and a way better shot blocker than Bosh. I would also rather see Joel Anthony starting at center over Harrellson simply because Harrellson is still a big question mark and has done nothing to prove he deserves that spot.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Isn't Martin better equipped to deal with guarding centers than Bosh, he's alot tougher and a way better shot blocker than Bosh. I would also rather see Joel Anthony starting at center over Harrellson simply because Harrellson is still a big question mark and has done nothing to prove he deserves that spot.
    So you're suggesting that Martin in this case should start at the 5?

    Not a terrible idea, no. And in regards to Josh, I meant that eventually, he should get the starting nod if he replaces those question marks with good assurances. Again, Joel is a nice energy player that's better suited for a bench role. I'd rather start a healthy and productive Harrellson because you aren't losing alot defensively, and he isn't really someone you can necessarily cheat off of if you're an opposing defense. He's a better rebounder too. But that's just me.....
    Last edited by SteBO; 09-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    well, herrellson got a week tryout.

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-before-camp/

    so 4 more days and i guess we will find out.
    he's not a bad option at all.. he shoot 3's and is pretty good at rebounding.
    his 36 is over 9 rebounds per game.. thats pretty intense.

    if we do sign him, i wouldnt mind it at all.


    LETS GO HEAT




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    So you're suggesting that Martin in this case should start at the 5?

    Not a terrible idea, no. And in regards to Josh, I meant that eventually, he should get the starting nod if he replaces those question marks with good assurances. Again, Joel is a nice energy player that's better suited for a bench role. I'd rather start a healthy and productive Harrellson because you aren't losing alot defensively, and he isn't really someone you can necessarily cheat off of if you're an opposing offense. He's a better rebounder too. But that's just me.....
    hes a much better version of joel anthony.
    and is per 36, is 9.6 rebounds.. thats crazy lol

    considering camby's was 10.6, and people kept praising him.
    i say not bad. and i was reading a knicks writer's description of harrellson, brb lemme see if i can find it..

    http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...lson-after-all

    lol.. so not bad.


    LETS GO HEAT




  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    11,298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    So you're suggesting that Martin in this case should start at the 5?

    Not a terrible idea, no. And in regards to Josh, I meant that eventually, he should get the starting nod if he replaces those question marks with good assurances. Again, Joel is a nice energy player that's better suited for a bench role. I'd rather start a healthy and productive Harrellson because you aren't losing alot defensively, and he isn't really someone you can necessarily cheat off of if you're an opposing defense. He's a better rebounder too. But that's just me.....
    This is where I think you are wrong.

    Don't let Knicks fans fool you. This guy is just average defensively, and he is undersized and slow footed defending the pick and roll, and he also plays below the rim because he has very little lift.

    He's like a poor mans version of Chuck Hayes except 2 inches taller. He plays the same mold on offense and defense, but the truth is Hayes is a waaaay better post defender, and to boot is stronger than Harrellson.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,828
    vCash
    1500
    .
    Last edited by Heater4life; 09-07-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Late post

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,875
    vCash
    1503
    It's almost here boys.

    Dwyane wade
    Chris bosh
    Lebron James
    Ray allen
    Mario chalmers
    Shane battier
    Joel anthony

    Yes, it's almost here!!!!!!!

    Going for that repeat!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    515
    vCash
    1500
    I think the Heat should sign Sean Williams. He is an athletic BIG that can keep up with D-Wade and Lebron and this will free up Bosh to play the 4 most of the time. He has decent hands, long arms for blocking and like I said before he is athletic. No plays need to be run for him, he’ll get his point off rebounds and just dumb luck. I don’t know what his work ethic is like, which may be the reason why he is not on any team.

    Rio/Cole
    Wade/Allen/Miller
    Lebron/Battier/Jones
    Bosh/Lewis/Haslem
    Williams/Anthony/Pitman

    Wow I just realized over half of our team can hit the three… (this might get us in trouble), also we have a log jam, we need to do a trade… (Jones and Pitman for picks maybe?)

    And when the game is on the line this will be our line up,
    Wade
    Allen
    Battier
    Lebron
    Bosh

    This is what our Bench is gonna look like when we blow-out every other team...

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,875
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Coqui77 View Post
    I think the Heat should sign Sean Williams. He is an athletic BIG that can keep up with D-Wade and Lebron and this will free up Bosh to play the 4 most of the time. He has decent hands, long arms for blocking and like I said before he is athletic. No plays need to be run for him, he’ll get his point off rebounds and just dumb luck. I don’t know what his work ethic is like, which may be the reason why he is not on any team.

    Rio/Cole
    Wade/Allen/Miller
    Lebron/Battier/Jones
    Bosh/Lewis/Haslem
    Williams/Anthony/Pitman

    Wow I just realized over half of our team can hit the three… (this might get us in trouble), also we have a log jam, we need to do a trade… (Jones and Pitman for picks maybe?)

    And when the game is on the line this will be our line up,
    Wade
    Allen
    Battier
    Lebron
    Bosh
    The threat of the 3 is critical to our success. We need that spacing with wade and bron.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    95
    vCash
    1500
    Heat are really grinding Harrelson out. At this rate, his tryout would continue until he entered the 2013 free agency!

    It's good to be Champions!!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI
    Posts
    9,255
    vCash
    1500
    FYI:

    The Miami Heat now have 15 players under contract, with Friday's announcement of the signings of center Mickell Gladness and forward Jarvis Varnado.

    Gladness spent the start of last season with the Heat before finishing the season with the Golden State Warriors. Varnado, selected by the Heat with the No. 41 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft out of Mississippi State, has bounced between Italy and Israel the past two seasons.

    Gladness and Varnado both were with the Heat's summer-league team in Las Vegas in July, each limited by injury.

    While NBA teams are limited to 15 players for the regular season, teams may carry up to 20 during training camp, which opens Sept. 29 for the Heat at AmericanAirlines Arena.

    Because Varnado has now signed with the Heat, the Heat no longer would retain his rights should he be cut. Varnado had bypassed Heat contracts the previous two offseasons in favor of time overseas.

    Gladness and Varnado were added on non-guaranteed contracts.

    The Heat soon are expected to offer a similar non-guaranteed deal to guard Terrel Harris, which would bring the camp roster to 16. Harris spent all of last season with the Heat as an undrafted rookie, moving on to a strong showing with the Heat's summer-league team.

    With the signings of Gladness and Varnado, it reduces the chances of the Heat bringing back veteran power forward Juwan Howard.

    The Heat also are in the midst of tryout with former New York Knicks center Josh Harrellson and former New Orleans Hornets guard Jerome Dyson.

    Beyond that, the Heat soon are expected to sign forward Robert Dozier to a non-guaranteed contract. Dozier, selected at No. 60 by the Heat out of Memphis in the second round of the 2009 NBA Draft, has spent the past two seasons in Greece and France. He, too, participated with the Heat's summer-league team.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,7091504.story

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami,fl
    Posts
    5,333
    vCash
    1500
    Varnardo can easily become our ibaka!
    FEAR US!!!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,013
    vCash
    1500
    tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
    Heat have 15 players under contract but can carry 20 guys through training camp. Andersen, Harrellson and others still in mix.


    You mad Bill?!

    Let's Go HEAT!!!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    28,039
    vCash
    1500
    I dont like bringing all of our oversea guys in for the same camp... especially when there isn't even really an open roster spot... seems like we are throwing away rights to guys like dozier and varnado...

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    I dont like bringing all of our oversea guys in for the same camp... especially when there isn't even really an open roster spot... seems like we are throwing away rights to guys like dozier and varnado...
    I was just thinking this too. Better to go one at a time to see who's worth it and who isn't.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •