3 6.67%
  • Noo!

36 80.00%
  • IDK

6 13.33%
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash

Roster Speculation Vol. VIIII

Watching this WSH-CHI game right now....still can't believe we wasted a roster spot with Harris.

justinnum1 sure as hell knows what I'm talking about lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Watching this WSH-CHI game right now....still can't believe we wasted a roster spot with Harris.

vCash

Based on a minute sample size?!?! Any of the two selected would have the same limited opportunities as currently experienced by Harris.

Miami Heat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiLoyal926 View Post
    Based on a minute sample size?!?! Any of the two selected would have the same limited opportunities as currently experienced by Harris.
    I've wanted Temple on this team in case of poor PG play from Rio and Cole from the get-go. The aim is to keep LeBron off the ball as much as possible, and the more PG's we have the better. There's a reason Cole even got an opportunity last year to begin with....it's not necessarily a guarantee that Temple would be suffering the same fate as Harris is currently, especially with Rio's inconsistent play.

vCash
    I've wanted Temple on this team in case of poor PG play from Rio and Cole from the get-go. The aim is to keep LeBron off the ball as much as possible, and the more PG's we have the better. There's a reason Cole even got an opportunity last year to begin with....it's not necessarily a guarantee that Temple would be suffering the same fate as Harris is currently, especially with Rio's inconsistent play.
    In any event, his opportunities would be insignificant to make any noticeable difference. He played 41 minutes tonight for the wizards!!! His statline was mediocre for the exception of 9 rebounds! Wade and LeBron would gobble up those rebounding opportunities.

Miami Heat

vCash
    Remind me again what you've seen that's good about Temple...

Looking at his gamelog he has mostly played badly when given an abundant amount of minutes over 3 games, and playing in a role he wouldn't on the HEAT.

I see usefulness out of both Chalmers (shooting/experience) and Cole (defense/speed). I don't know what Temple is supposed to be good at, or what we would supposedly be using him for.

vCash
    beasted, it's not so much about him the player as it is about wanting to keep LBJ & Wade off the ball as much as possible. You've seen our problems being able to take care of the ball all season, and the fact that LBJ is handling the ball so much and being prone to TO's because of how he plays, the pace of the game can too hectic (not his fault by any stretch).

Besides, at least with Temple we'd have a guy we could go to should Rio or Cole get injured or just start playing awfully. Harris is a waste of a roster spot, and I've said that from day 1. We have enough perimeter wing players that can defend and shoot the ball. What we could use is another ball handler.....and Kenyon Martin.
    Last edited by SteBO; 12-30-2012 at 03:54 PM.

vCash
    beasted, it's not so much about him the player as it is about wanting to keep LBJ & Wade off the ball as much as possible. You've seen our problems being able to take care of the ball all season, and the fact that LBJ is handling the ball so much and being prone to TO's because of how he plays, the pace of the game can too hectic (not his fault by any stretch).

Besides, at least with Temple we'd have a guy we could go to should Rio or Cole get injured or just start playing awfully. Harris is a waste of a roster spot, and I've said that from day 1. We have enough perimeter wing players that can defend and shoot the ball. What we could use is another ball handler.....and Kenyon Martin.
    Lbj is averaging a career low in turnovers this season!?!? Lbj and wade are naturally ball dominant players who have made a career of such playing styles. What we need are players who can defend PGs well and hit open shots. Harris can do that. Taking the ball away from our two best players is not the solution. At least not with temple at the helm. If you told me a Rubio/Nash/Rondo was the pg taking the ball out of their hands then ok, but temple? He is not going to create for his teammates much better than wade or lbj and his defense is not better than Harris'.

Miami Heat

vCash
    No not this year, but the more you have the ball the higher the risk of turnovers. Just the way basketball works man. The more LBJ plays off the ball, the better it is for us.

vCash
    Harris or Temple regardless neither would make a difference when it counts. Neither of those 2 would play come playoff time.

vCash
    We need a center now more than ever. Teams are exploiting our weaknesses and it doesn't seem to be getting any better as the season progresses. I hope Pat comes up with a Turiaf-like signing as he did last year.

vCash
    I'm sorry, but last year we had the same problem with the lack of rebounding, size, ect... And the same thing was being said "Teams are exploiting our weakness" and we won the dam championship! Now! I do however believe that teams has gotten better this year and I am now having my doubts IF we can repeat without a true center? I know that we can make up so much with our hustle, athleticism, and defense but that doesn't look like its being consistent at all. I'm thinking of either A) Trade Cousins, Bynum, Nene, Dalembert, ect... B) Call up a Oden, Yao,
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    I would definitely call Oden and give him a 2 year deal with a player option for a 3rd so he can rehab andh opefully get back to playing. If he cant play he sits on the end of the bench and eventually retires again.

That would be the best low risk high reward signing.

vCash

Roster Speculation Vol. VIIII

I agree on Oden, but all we could really use within reason currently is K-Mart. You could eventually insert him in the starting lineup and it wouldn't hurt the small ball principle Spo seems to want have going full tilt....

vCash
    Besides unrealistic big men like Verajao and Gasol what other big men are rumored to be on the trading block (never understood that phrase)?

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast