3 6.67%
  • Noo!

36 80.00%
  • IDK

6 13.33%
Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post

This is exactly why I think we could get him. bcuz teams aren't going to want to give up a 1st for him becuz of his attitude. the heat don't real allow rookies to get pt anyway so its not like giving up that pick will hurt us. I really dont know why anyone would have a problem with this. U all would have to know that Pat, LBJ and Wade won't let him come in and disrupt this team. The Kings would have to call this a win cuz they won't get a better deal.
    Sorry but

He's a headcase but he has the tools to be one of the best centers in the league. He's a 17/10 career guy. With the proper coaching and mentoring he can be the best center in the league. And you are saying nobody will offer him better than a mid 1st round pick? GTFO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    But he can play center in Spo's offense like Haslem and Bosh have been doing the past couple of games. Both are power forwards but that is irrelevant with all of Spo's crazy lineups that we see. I just want to see this team play to its max potential, and if it means getting a guy who grabs boards at a great rate, why not pull the trigger while his value is at an all time low?
    Agreed. Humphries rebounding will do wonders for our team. I know the front-court defense will be weak with Bosh and Humph on the court at the same time but can you imagine the extra-possessions he will bring in with his rebounding? Not to mention he can score as well. But I am not sure about his contract situation though. If it's not too bad then I'll say **** yea to Hump!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Sorry but

He's a headcase but he has the tools to be one of the best centers in the league. He's a 17/10 career guy. With the proper coaching and mentoring he can be the best center in the league. And you are saying nobody will offer him better than a mid 1st round pick? GTFO!
    So what better deal could they get out there since u know so much? You just said that he's a headcase so lets say the Heat offered a mid 1st rd pk and MM. you show me a better deal. Cuz with him being a headcase who is going to offer a better pick and or a better player? More than that why would they?
    Last edited by king james; 12-25-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    So what better deal could they get out there since u know so much? You just said that he's a headcase so lets say the Heat offered a mid 1st rd pk and MM. you show me a better deal. Cuz with him being a headcase who is going to offer a better pick and or a better player? More than that why would they?
    pretty much anything is better than getting a mid first round pick, which is completely useless in the NBA for the most part, plus a injury prone, old player who doesnt have an expiring contract and isnt going to be a good addition to a rebuilding process.

What are you smoking where you think 1) thats a good deal and 2) they couldnt get anything better than that.

Giving him away for nothing would be more beneficial to their future than taking on miller and a mid-late first rounder.

vCash
    Lakers gives: Jordan hill
    Lakers get: Luke ridnour, mia 2nd rounder(if they have)

Miami gives:Mike miller, 2nd rounder(if available, or maybe a 1st rounder if they have it)
    Miami gets: Jordan Hill

Min gives: Luke ridnour
    Min gets: Mike miller

Everyone gets what they need, la needs a backup pg, mia needs big man depth, and minnesota gets a 3pt shooter to spread the floor.

vCash

To be serious, the trade has flaws all around. Miller has virtually no trade value at this point, and to even get Ridnour would be a huge stretch. Lakers could probably get much more value for Hill than just Ridnour and a 2nd rounder. As much as Hill would be nice, we would have to give up a much bigger piece than just Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post

To be serious, the trade has flaws all around. Miller has virtually no trade value at this point, and to even get Ridnour would be a huge stretch. Lakers could probably get much more value for Hill than just Ridnour and a 2nd rounder. As much as Hill would be nice, we would have to give up a much bigger piece than just Miller.
    I still think miller is a viable option off the bench, did u see him the other day. 2 threes in a row and a nice assist.

vCash
    1 game is not a viable measuring stick for a player's success. You have to take into account his contract which is clearly not worth it, and his inconsistency at most times. He can have one good game now, but then be awful the next.

If your trying to troll just stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by h2r09 View Post
    pretty much anything is better than getting a mid first round pick, which is completely useless in the NBA for the most part, plus a injury prone, old player who doesnt have an expiring contract and isnt going to be a good addition to a rebuilding process.

What are you smoking where you think 1) thats a good deal and 2) they couldnt get anything better than that.

Giving him away for nothing would be more beneficial to their future than taking on miller and a mid-late first rounder.
    1st of all MM doesn't have to b the player that goes in a trade he was just a player that I picked becuz of his salary. Oh yah don't 4get that there is only so much they can get back becuz his salary is between 3.5-4 mill.

Also u all keep saying there r better deals out there, name one that can match his salary that would be willing to give a young player that has talent and is willing to deal with Cousins attitude.

Some teams would be willing to take a chance on Cousins because of his talent, thinking that a change of scenery and their veterans/structure give him the best chance of maturing into the player everyone thinks he can be. But after witnessing everything this season, teams will not be falling over themselves to make great offers right now, either. The reliable ProBasketballDraft (unrelated with this blog) put it this way:

Probasketballdraft@Probballdraft
    Other teams polled around the league seem reluctantly willing, at most, to pursue a trade for Cousins with the Kings because of his history.
    24 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    It’s risk vs. reward. The potential rewards are very high. But teams will want to risk and give up as little as they can in case that reward is never realized.

Cousins is eligible for an extension of his contract after his rookie deal this year (he has this season and next on rookie scale, $3.9 million this year and $4.9 million next year). If an extension deal is not reached he would be a restricted free agent in the summer of 2014, with the Kings or whoever trades for him having the right to match any offer.

He’s talented. He’s going to get chances because of it. But teams are wary.
    This is y I say we should go after him strong. give them 1st, Cole,JJ, and Anthony, Pitt, or Jorts for all I care. The Kings r in a lose lose situation right now they have a player who really doesn't want to play for them. He has said a few times that he doesn't like losing and it was making things difficult for him. He just hired an agent that is known for getting his players out of cities they don't want to be in.

DeMarcus Cousins has made a mess for himself. He’s lashed out at opponents, coaches, announcers — pretty much everyone. He’s been fined, he’s been suspended. The Kings are tired of apologies. Cousins is sick of losing. And around and around we go.

No matter whose side you’re on, it’s safe to say that Cousins has painted himself into a corner with some immature actions. So who do you call to clean up the mess? The Winston Wolfe of NBA agents.

Cousins has looked outside for help, according to this from Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee:

Jason Jones@mr_jasonjones
    DeMarcus Cousins has also fired his agent John Greig to go with Dan Fegan.
    22 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    Normally this wouldn’t be big news, but Dan Fegan has a bit of a reputation. When players want out, he’s the guy they bring in. Remember the “Dwightmare” saga with Dwight Howard in Orlando? Fegan engineered the trade, and made sure Howard landed in one of his preferred spots.

Maybe more relevant to Cousins’ situation with the Kings is Fegan’s relationship with Sacramento Kings GM Geoff Petrie. Here’s Tom Ziller of Sactown Royalty, recalling how former Kings guard Kevin Martin left town as soon as Martin signed with Fegan:

“Things could have gotten better, but then Martin signed with Fegan. And Martin-Tyreke Evans didn’t really work out. And Martin was getting his side out in the media, through Sam Amick (…) Things got really toxic.”

Ziller excerpts a piece from the aforementioned Sam Amick, who really sums up what Fegan is all about:

“Martin’s hiring of Fegan didn’t sit well with Petrie, as the agent is among the most influential in the game and known for putting serious pressure on teams if his guy doesn’t want to be in the current locale.”

If you recall, Martin eventually got his wish and was traded from Sacramento. It looks like that’s where we are with Cousins now. The chances Fegan is there to play nice with Petrie and negotiate Cousins’ next contract are slim-to-none. The chances Fegan is there to put pressure on Petrie to find Cousins a new home? Much, much more likely.

Someone will want to take a chance on the kid. Say what you will about Cousins – he deserves plenty of criticism here — but it’s not as though Sacramento is the ideal environment for any young player. That organization and team is a full blown disaster, and it’s pretty clear that the relationship between the Kings and Cousins has reached a tipping point.

Fegan solves problems. It’s not always pretty, but he fixes things for his clients. It’s just a matter of time before he does the same for Cousins.
    So if I'm the Heat I do what I have to do to get him.
    Last edited by SteBO; 12-26-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    The kings have a bunch of guys they can add to add salary if need be. they dont have to only do a 1 for 1.

Salary wont be a factor in the guy they recieve most likely. Trading cousins they would be essentially completely rebuilding so they would need to get talent back.

vCash
    what do you think about this??

K-mart?? or anyone else?

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...at_To_D_League

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by h2r09 View Post
    The kings have a bunch of guys they can add to add salary if need be. they dont have to only do a 1 for 1.

Salary wont be a factor in the guy they recieve most likely. Trading cousins they would be essentially completely rebuilding so they would need to get talent back.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read his sentence where he said they can only take back ~4 millions. LOL. They have two bad contracts they will attach with Cousins in any trade. Otherwise, there is no point of trading such a talented and potential best big-man in the league. I'll say it here the only way to get Cousins in Miami is if we want to part ways with Bosh. I wouldn't do it as a Heat fan and I am not sure the Kings would want to do it either. Ira Winderman also thinks the same:

Q: Ira, you see it coming, don't you? Pat Riley gets rid of Chris Bosh's contract before the tax by trading him to Sacramento for DeMarcus Cousins. It's brilliant, and he might be able to get Tyreke Evans back for when Dwyane Wade retires. -- Bruce, Plantation.

A: While Cousins is exactly the type of distressed property Riley has turned around during his front-office and coaching tenures, I can't see him breaking up this championship core or doing that to Chris. Cousins is talented, and certainly would have more respect for what the Heat have in place, but I would think the Kings would want more in terms of youth and draft picks, neither of which the Heat have available. Then again, about the only way for the Kings to land an All-Star would be to trade for one.

vCash
    I don't want DMC anywhere near this team, talented or not. He'll bring everyone's morale down, and cause dissonance amongst the team. Drama follows him everywhere he goes. Let him be someone else's problem.

vCash
    Even with teams offering little to nothing for Cousins, obtaining him is a pipe dream. Hes a talented young big on a rookie contract. MM contract is atrocious and has 3 years remaining. Chalmers is decent, but nothing you can build around. Cole is a spark plug off the bench and nothing more. Joel is...well....Joel, and he has a long deal. Even our 1st rounder is run of the mill and lottery protected.

Any team out there can offer 1 young player and a lottery pick, that alone makes any offer Miami has on the table insufficient.

vCash
    Our first round pick for cousins?? Id do that in a heart beat

He's an 18 ppg 10 rbpg guy

whos is good on defense to

To me in the future the best center in the league

And if we have to give a guy or 2 for cap reasons i still do it

Chalmers
    Wade
    LeBron
    Bosh
    Cousins

OMG

We'd win the chip even easier for like 5 more years

the reason he's being a problem is cause he cant handle losing , we wouldent worry about that here

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast