• Yes!

3 6.67%
  • Noo!

36 80.00%
  • IDK

6 13.33%
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That trade is just not good. Bosh is going no where until after the playoffs, and even then, he probably wont be going anywhere. He has shown he can turn it up in the playoffs, and he will get a shot this spring to show it again. Looking into the future, he might have to be traded due to salary cap reasons/ and even then, riley will get it done.

vCash
    Make it Marion, Kaman, and Collison and I'd consider it (though Riley wouldn't). Otherwise I'm perfectly happy adding Birdman or K-Mart and hoping Dalembert asks for a buyout before the playoff cutoff.

vCash
    I know the Mavs sound like they won't trade Dirk. But wouldn't the Heat consider trading Bosh if they could get Dirk, Marion, and Brand. Why wouldn't the Mavs consider trading for a new franchise PF who is from Dallas and has championship experience. If the Mavs get Bosh then they have a better shot at luring Howard. Plus the Mavs have good young pieces like Mayo, Collison, and Crowder.

vCash
    I agree with you justinnum1. I'm just thinking of trades that have something to them.

vCash
    Brand was claimed via the amnesty provision. He can't be traded until July 1st.

vCash
    I think Pat and Spo will ride it out with Chalmers and avoid making an upgrade at PG. I like Collison, but the Heat probably won't ask for him. I think the Heat would do something if names like Dirk, Marion, Brand, and Kaman were involved. The Heat have to look at the current team as having a two year window since James, Wade, and Bosh can opt out in 2 years. Players like Dirk, Brand, Marion, and Kaman fit into that picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Derick713 View Post
    The Heat will probably only consider adding Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson...
    Kenyon Martin is trash and has been trash his whole career. Anderson on the other hand could be a good pick up (as a rental ofc, considering his advanced age), as he's generally been very productive (and proven reliable off the bench).

...I could see Pat Riley approaching the Mavericks about a deal. Maybe Pat Riley likes the idea of Chris Kaman, Shawn Marion, and Elton Brand for Chris Bosh and Dexter Pittman.
    Perhaps Marion? Marion's contract is the issue though. If you make a trade like that, it's almost a guarantee the Heat look to build around James and Wade (in particular James). So while Marion is pretty productive (given that he only logs 29 mins), you're also gambling on an aging forward. He might not be as productive next season, plus having his contract will keep you out of the running for Dwight.

Kaman... Well Kaman is just plain bad. The average center pulls down an average of 12.7 rebs in 48 minutes, that's about a rebound every 3.8 mins. Kaman pulls down 12.3 through 48. Not to mention, he's turnover prone (for a center) while not particularly adept at forcing turnovers, isn't a great passer, and isn't a great shooter for a big (career eFG% of .484 and TS% of .523)

Brand is probably the most attractive, as he's productive (he's not giving you great production like Marion, but it's solid), and his contract is expiring.

Obviously in this situation, the ideal thing would of been for Marion to be the expiring contract.

The Heat could also flip the pick they got from the 76ers to the Suns for Jermaine O'Neal...
    Have you taken a look at Jermaine O'Neal's numbers? He's god-awful at everything safe for blocking shots. His shot-blocking is not worth the return.

Shawn Marion would take a lot of pressure of LeBron defensively and Brand and Kaman would add rebounding and size.
    Kaman and rebounding? Outside of 05-06 and 07-08, Kaman has been a mediocre rebounder at best (for a center). Brand isn't any better at rebounding, but he's more attractive, because he doesn't turn the ball over (as much), is a better passer, better shot blocker, and was fantastically efficient once upon a time (hasn't really been after 06-07 though).

Shawn Marion is a prefect fit in the Heat defense. Brand is a more effective version of Haslem. The Heat could play Marion at PF and move Battier to SF in their hybrid defense. Then LeBron would have more freedom to move around on defense.
    I can agree with this, but again, Marion's contract running past this season would be the issue. I think if Riley trades Bosh, the best strategy is to strip the roster bare for this summer (excepted James and Wade ofc), so that the Heat can have a shot at bringing in Howard. If not, they'll have enough cap to reel in some decent talent (and could probably do it for cheap―Oden for example).

Quote Originally Posted by gotoHcarolina52 View Post
    Brand was claimed via the amnesty provision. He can't be traded until July 1st.
    Good call, I completely forgot.

vCash

What about this trade?

Norris cole and Bosh trade with Sacramento for Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans

vCash
    no.

vCash
    yes.

vCash
    No. Cousins is a nut job and the salaries don't match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Norris cole and Bosh trade with Sacramento for Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans
    The Kings would never accept that. It's likely that the Kings would want young building block and picks in exchange for either Evans or Cousins.

vCash

vCash
    good signing. I still think the Heat will either get Martin or try and get a small trade in Blair or Morgoz.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Gotta love the Chris Anderson signing. Hopefully the Heat will look at Kenyon Martin next. He would be an upgrade over Varnado. Plus he'd be good insurance in case something happened to Udonis Haslem.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast