3 6.67%
  • Noo!

36 80.00%
  • IDK

6 13.33%
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Free agent F Andray Blatche has agreed in principle to a 1-year contract paying the minimum with the Brooklyn Nets, a source told Y! Sports.
    Well, no more chance of adding Blatche, who I personally wasn't fond of.

I am with beasted, I would LOVE to add Kmart. But seriously, if it isn't Kenyon they won't be getting playoff minutes anyway. We just need a big body for the regular season
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash

Roster Speculation Vol. VIIII

But it's pretty clear he isn't taking a minimum deal at this point. Theres a reason he hasn't signed with anyone yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    But it's pretty clear he isn't taking a minimum deal at this point. Theres a reason he hasn't signed with anyone yet.
    Well, the fact that he hasn't signed yet could also point to no team being willing to give him a deal over the minimum. He might have to settle for a minimum deal, and where would be a better team to "settle" with than the reigning champs that can promise decent playing time?
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Well, the fact that he hasn't signed yet could also point to no team being willing to give him a deal over the minimum. He might have to settle for a minimum deal, and where would be a better team to "settle" with than the reigning champs that can promise decent playing time?
    Look, I'd be estatic if we got Kenyon Martin. He'd be the athletic, defensive big we've been looking for. But man, after all this time I'd find it hard to see him come here. Hopefully I'm wrong.

vCash
    But according to two sources close to Blatche, the 6-foot-11 forward has yet to make a decision and is also considering an offer from the Miami Heat. One person close to Blatche said, “Nothing is finalized.” Washington Post

You mad Bill?!

Let's Go HEAT!!!

vCash
    I knew the heat would make him an offer. You can't deny talent and he is saying all the right things and doing the right things to entice and get Riley attention. He has also changed his attitude which helps. I think he can really help this team. You can put him and bosh in against big teams ala lakers.

In no special order but this would be a nice line up for offense/bigs.

Bosh
    Blatche
    Bron
    Allen
    Wade
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    You can also put him in a second unit

Haslem
    Blatche
    Lewis
    Battier
    Cole/Chalmers
    FEAR US!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Look, I'd be estatic if we got Kenyon Martin. He'd be the athletic, defensive big we've been looking for. But man, after all this time I'd find it hard to see him come here. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I completely agree SteBo. All that I'm saying is that there still is a chance.

And that Blatche news is interesting, to say the least. I think that I have ragged on him enough so I will keep my mouth shut. I trust any move that Riley, the Godfather, makes
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

vCash
    If we miss out on Blatche, we will regret it watch... Unless we get Oden and he's healthy, but y get one of them when you know you can have both?¿?

vCash
    Yeah I'm not going to lose any sleep over losing a guy we have no idea is going to be an impact player wherever he ends up. Kenyon, Harrellson, or Birdman will do.

vCash
    @ESPNSteinLine
    RT @CoachJohnLucas1: Congrats to @drayblatche for signing with the @brooklynnets!

Blatche has been in Houston working out with John Lucas, so it looks like it's official.

vCash
    Mario Chalmers/Norris Cole
    Dwyane Wade/Ray Allen/Mike Miller(unsure of his status)/Terrell Harris
    LeBron James/Shane Battier/James Jones
    Chris Bosh/Kenyon Martin/Rashard Lewis
    Josh Harrellson/Udonis Haslem/Joel Anthony

This should be our lineup if by some miracle we got Kenyon Martin to play here for the minimum. I think if Harrellson got invited to camp, then I'd find it hard pressed to see him not make the roster. These would be the 15 guys that we'd be rolling with in the regular season. We would no longer be playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end of the floor, and we'd significantly lessen Bosh center time over the long haul.

*Haslem and Martin are interchangable between the 4 and the 5 and obviously we could roll with Bosh @ center in spots to go with one of Martin/Haslem. Beasted86 and UTB have convinced me that later down the line should Martin come here, that he would start at PF w/ Bosh at C.

vCash
    The last thing I heard about K-Mart was that he was looking into LAL and BKN. But I haven't heard anything on him since.

vCash
    Stebo, that lineup you posted ... why would Harrellson be the starter?

He is 6.9.5" tall with shoes on, which makes him no taller or more of a Center than Joel or anyone else on the roster. Why wouldn't we play one of two guys who are actually clearly better players in either KMart or Haslem as the starter from day one?

And my motto has always been defense first offense 2nd. I'm fairly certain by a large margin that Harrellson is not the best defender out of the other PF/C options Joel, Kmart, or Haslem. What makes it worse is he isn't clearly the best offensive player in that group either.

Not knocking your opinion, just trying to find the logic behind it. Is it only because of his weight? I'd like to think his weight has hindered his play and he will come in a few pounds less.... and TBH if we had all those players you listed above, I'd tend to think Harrellson would actually be behind nearley everyone in the PF/C rotation. Bosh, Martin, Haslem, Lewis, Joel... then Harrellson.

vCash
    Weight and bulk had a lot to do with it yes. But no reason bigger than the fact that I would just hate to see Spo fall in love with small ball so much that he makes Bosh the primary center. Why tire him out? Also, Harrellson I believe is 6'10" but I could be wrong on that; I'll check. He also rebounds and can stretch the floor at the 5, so I thought it would be a good way to keep opposing defenses stretched out (keep in mind I'm kinda basing this off what Knick fans have said since they've watched him before).

I agree he isn't the better defender, and that's why I would have absolutely no problems with Martin at the 4 and Bosh at the 5. But Harrellson is not the offensive liability Joel is and while his defense isn't as good Joel's, it isn't atrocious. This is all speculation, but I will say that Kenyon Martin would indeed change things for me as far as whether or not to start Bosh at center. With the options we would have, there are ways Spo could limit Bosh's center minutes regardless whether he "starts" there or not.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast