Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Championship Window?

Im a sixer fan just curious about your opinions on the Heats championship window.

Do you think this is their last chance with an aging Wade and a struggling Bosh?

Or do some believe with LeBron they'll be in contention to win, not just compete for a title.

vCash
    I'm a LeBron fan and everyone knows it, so I'm rooting for the Heat just FYI. I think if Wade miraculously comes back healthy, there's still a 2-3 year window. If not, and they keep the big 3 as it is, I think this year is the final year to be honest. Wade is ****ed, Bosh is a female. I don't know

If Wade or Bosh are traded for another great player, than the window opens up again
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    Two words...Pat Riley...Two more words...Lebron James

vCash
    Our window will be open as long as sixers keep sucking.

vCash
    Lol...

vCash
    I think Miami's window closes after the 2014 NBA season when James, Wade, and Bosh have the option to opt out. There's a good chance Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, and James Jones won't be with the team after the 2014 season. Also Wade and Haslem will be up there in age. LeBron's going to want to join a team that can help him keep pace against the new up and coming teams. The Bulls look viable with Rose, Butler, Gibson, and Noah. They have a great coach in Thibs. They have a superstar in Rose. Plus they can make available the cap space needed to sign James.

vCash
    Wade takes a massive pay cut (definetly poss) James gets his and bosh takes a decent paycut and Riley fills out the roster. We will be fine

vCash
    After next year of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Wade takes a massive pay cut (definetly poss) James gets his and bosh takes a decent paycut and Riley fills out the roster. We will be fine
    It's not as simple as that. The HEAT's best option is to trade one of the big three. Preferably Bosh since he's been the least productive over their three seasons together. Ofc Wade does appear to be declining, but he was actually very productive during the regular-season (in contrast to the play-offs). It could just be that he needs to give his ailing body some rest (this off-season).

That said, there's no denying that even if Wade's decline is more gradual (as opposed to a steep fall), it will still have ramifications on his productivity as he gets (even) older.

The rumors regarding Chris Bosh in a package deal (to Charlotte) seem interesting. It's mainly in regards to the 4th pick, though I'm sure Miami would have to pick up some (likely expiring) contract(s).

This would give Miami a great chance of drafting Oladipo. Imo, Oladipo is one of the best players in the draft (Noel naturally has the most upside considering his age and how productive he was in his lone season at Kentucky). Ofc, it still doesn't address Miami's clear need for a productive big (which we all know is not coming in Chris Bosh). If they did make the deal (with Charlotte and) draft Oladipo, they could also sign Greg Oden in the off-season. But success would be predicated on Oden's health and Oladipo's game transitioning (at the professional level). Which it should, dude had a TS% of .670 which is insane efficient for an SG, even @ the college level. He was also a pretty good rebounder and good at forcing turnovers.

Either way, Miami does need to unload Chris Bosh's albatross (preferably in a miraculous ability to swindle both Chicago and Denver out of Joakim Noah and Kenneth Faried). I can dream.
    Last edited by Dré; 06-10-2013 at 03:23 AM.

vCash
    I think the length of our window will depend on what we do with Bosh. There's no way we can justify paying him max-type money while also being on the hook for another $15M in commitments to Miller, UD, and Joel. No team's taking on either of the latter three in trade, so the only way to breathe some life into our cap situation is to trade Bosh for a promising young big on a rookie deal and expirings, like Dre suggested.

How about:

(1) Bosh for Monroe, Stuckey, and Jerebko [link]

(2) Or perhaps expand the deal to include Joel, Philly's pick, and Kravtsov [link]

Is any of this realistic or just a pipe dream?
    Last edited by gotoHcarolina52; 06-10-2013 at 08:38 AM.

vCash
    For as long as LeBron James stays with the Heat, the window is open.

Players will want to come to Miami to play with James and for Riley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoHcarolina52 View Post
    How about:

(1) Bosh for Monroe, Stuckey, and Jerebko [link]

(2) Or perhaps expand the deal to include Joel, Philly's pick, and Kravtsov [link]

Is any of this realistic or just a pipe dream?
    Probably? But I actually do like the idea of trying to make a trade with Detroit, safe I'd go with Drummond instead of Monroe (dude had a beast of a rookie season). He was clearly the RotY, along with Anthony Davis. Lillard was a mediocre passer (8.1 assists per 48? For a point guard? ), very poor rebounder, highly turnover prone, nor was he particularly good at doing anything else except scoring (albeit pretty efficiently for a guard).

In any case, here's mine:

Detroit gets Chris Bosh; Miami gets Drummond, (Jared) Dudley, and Jerbko; Phoenix gets Rodney Stuckey.

Miami gets three pretty productive players for the price of one (as Dudley is wasted on the Suns anyway). Phoenix gets an expiring in Stuckey that runs slightly cheaper three years down the line than Dudley's contract. And Detroit gets (well there's no other way of putting it, but) fleeced.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n3c8qow

Plus, Miami can probably still go after Oden in the off-season. So that's possibly two very productive bigs (maybe three if management re-sign Anderson). It definitely is a pipe dream, but who said some dreams weren't meant to come true.
    Last edited by Dré; 06-10-2013 at 11:09 AM.

vCash
    Call me crazy but I think Miami would get destroyed in this series without Bosh. Not sure what the future holds though. If Heat traded Bosh they could maybe sit Wade for half a season so that he's 110% in playoffs (as long as he doesn't get injured).
    Last edited by JC_; 06-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Derick713 View Post
    I think Miami's window closes after the 2014 NBA season when James, Wade, and Bosh have the option to opt out. There's a good chance Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, and James Jones won't be with the team after the 2014 season. Also Wade and Haslem will be up there in age. LeBron's going to want to join a team that can help him keep pace against the new up and coming teams. The Bulls look viable with Rose, Butler, Gibson, and Noah. They have a great coach in Thibs. They have a superstar in Rose. Plus they can make available the cap space needed to sign James.
    Does anyone remember how this guy used to write similar posts back in the days? Like Wade is definitely going to chicago, Miami is gonna suck for decades, Rose is the next best thing etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
    Call me crazy but I think Miami would get destroyed in this series without Bosh. Not sure what the future holds though. If Heat traded Bosh they could maybe sit Wade for half a season so that he's 110% in playoffs (as long as he doesn't get injured).
    You're crazy.

That said, credit is given, where credit is due, Bosh played very well in game 2. But he's generally sucked major nut sack throughout these (+ last year's, and the 2011) play-offs. Which tells us what we already knew about him: That he can't be relied upon moving forward. The HEAT would be wiping the floor with the Spurs right now if they had Faried and Noah up front, or better yet, Drummond and Faried (this one's more cost-effective for the HEAT too).

Come on Riles, make something happen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast