Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 91'Finals

vCash

91'Finals

Did Scottie shut Magic down ?

vCash
    He and MJ split the job but I would really love a possession breakdown of that series.

vCash

If you consider almost averaging a triple double being shut down

Then yes

18 pts 12 assists and 8 rebounds a game. Not bad.

vCash
    not Bird

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Here is game 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTu6Db4PrA&feature=plcp, i think the guy also has game 2 on his channel

vCash
    Magic was having his way against MJ. Scottie was the one that contained Magic.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Uh, I wouldn't say shut down, but he didn't let Magic just dribble around unimpeded looking for simple passing lanes, and with Johnson not being a great isolation scorer, Pippen just stayed in his shorts and made him fight thru picks and fight for passing lanes. If you sagged on Magic (so many did), he just picked you apart.

Honestly, that was the best I have seen a player play, in the 91 playoffs. Jordan absolutely destroyed everything in sight.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Magic was having his way against MJ. Scottie was the one that contained Magic.
    Magic was not having his way with MJ. In fact MJ got in foul trouble from guarding everyone that series. He guarded Magic, Worthy, Scott and Divac at different times and stretches in that series. He pretty much guarded everyone. The only reason they put Pippen on Magic was his length.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Magic was not having his way with MJ. In fact MJ got in foul trouble from guarding everyone that series. He guarded Magic, Worthy, Scott and Divac at different times and stretches in that series. He pretty much guarded everyone. The only reason they put Pippen on Magic was his length.
    I recall Costas saying MJ asked for a break against Magic and thats why they were trying him all over the court.