Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm in a 10 team standard scoring league with 6 points per TD pass and -2 per INT. I decided to wait on QB and got a little screwed by one guy who backed up Tom Brady with Peyton Manning. So, i've got Cutler and Roethlisberger, figured i'd play matchups with them. Jake Locker is out there and i've got Alfred Morris and Ronnie Brown on the roster right now as some throwaway guys. Who thinks i should pick up Locker in exchange for one of those guys and tripe up on QBs for my matchup play idea? ...or does anyone think that Locker can be significantly better than Cutler or Roethlisberger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    ummm not really understanding this thread, we have a waiver wire thread, and a roster thread...

so whats the purpose of this? wanna try to keep these forums clean
    It's a waiver wire thread. Just merge it bro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDitka View Post
    I'm in a 10 team standard scoring league with 6 points per TD pass and -2 per INT. I decided to wait on QB and got a little screwed by one guy who backed up Tom Brady with Peyton Manning. So, i've got Cutler and Roethlisberger, figured i'd play matchups with them. Jake Locker is out there and i've got Alfred Morris and Ronnie Brown on the roster right now as some throwaway guys. Who thinks i should pick up Locker in exchange for one of those guys and tripe up on QBs for my matchup play idea? ...or does anyone think that Locker can be significantly better than Cutler or Roethlisberger?
    Haha someone did that in my league too. "Best duo in FF history" he claims on draft day.

I couldn't see Locker significantly better than either. MAYBE better than Raper because of his legs but I don't like the probability there. I don't know, it couldn't hurt to cut Morris or Brown, but I don't see the value of rostering 3 QBs, even with your situation.

vCash
    I have Santana Moss. Thinking about dropping him for Streater. Good idea? Bad idea?

vCash
    waiting on a QB is fine, but waiting too long is not... hence why your stuck with some scrub QBs.... I do not have faith in Cutlers oline... i dont understand the hype this year... past 2 years hes been mediocre at best. Roth has a chance to do something with that lackluster running game.

And I dont like how people are not hyped at all about Manning. Even if he is at say "85%" he will still finish top 6 QB if thats the case. But if hes almost 100% lol at all the people that passed him

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDitka View Post
    I like Locker a lot this year, but I don't think I'd carry 3 QBs unless you feel you are set with 4-5 RBs and WRs on your roster. Or if it is a keeper.

vCash
    My draft was this past week, and I decided against even spending a pick on a Kicker. Unfortunately, now I have to drop a guy I like in order to pick one up off waivers!

I'm down to one of 3 guys: Amendola, Cobb and K. Hunter.

It is a 12 man keeper, 0.5 ppr. Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex.

Here's my RBs and WRs

RB: Ray Rice, DMC, AP, Gerhart, Ryan Williams, Mark Ingram and Kendall Hunter
    WR: Welker, Antonio Brown, Colston, Kendall Wright, Amendola and R. Cobb.

I really think that by the end of the season, Hunter will be the starter in SF, but do I really need him? I know whomever I drop will end up on someone else's roster next week, so I don't want to drop the wrong guy. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Century View Post
    My draft was this past week, and I decided against even spending a pick on a Kicker. Unfortunately, now I have to drop a guy I like in order to pick one up off waivers!

I'm down to one of 3 guys: Amendola, Cobb and K. Hunter.

It is a 12 man keeper, 0.5 ppr. Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex.

Here's my RBs and WRs

RB: Ray Rice, DMC, AP, Gerhart, Ryan Williams, Mark Ingram and Kendall Hunter
    WR: Welker, Antonio Brown, Colston, Kendall Wright, Amendola and R. Cobb.

I really think that by the end of the season, Hunter will be the starter in SF, but do I really need him? I know whomever I drop will end up on someone else's roster next week, so I don't want to drop the wrong guy. Thanks!
    I'd drop Cobb. Lowest probability of making a true fantasy impact. At least with Hunter you can trade him if he doesn't fit your needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Century View Post
    I like Locker a lot this year, but I don't think I'd carry 3 QBs unless you feel you are set with 4-5 RBs and WRs on your roster. Or if it is a keeper.
    Every other position is basically locked down, barring injury of course.

RB: Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley, C.J. Spiller, Mikel LeShoure
    WR: Dez Bryant, Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, Austin Collie
    TE: Jimmy Graham
    K: Rob Bironas
    DEF: Houston

We play 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 WR/RB flex, which i planned on using Decker there more often than not but Ridley is definitely in play. Spiller and LeShoure are wait-and-see guys. Obviously not going to carry another TE.

I'm sure even with 2 QBs and playing matchups, i'll have some duds. 3 would make that even worse. I'll probably just stick with Cutty and Big Ben, hang onto Morris for a couple weeks and dump Brown for a match up defense and eventually a backup TE for Graham's bye.

vCash
    Alfred Morris has been named the starter apparently, according to this guy:

Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
    #Redskins will start rookie 6th round pick Alfred Morris at RB vs. Saints on Sunday. #fantasyfootball

So he's sitting on the FA list in my league. Should I drop anyone to pick him up? If so, who?

Kyle Rudolph
    Steve Smith (STL)
    Jon Baldwin

Rest of roster:

QB - Stafford/Luck
    WR - Fitz/Green/Britt/Blackmon/DHB/Santana Moss
    RB - MJD/Richardson/D. Brown/Wells/R. Williams/D. Wilson/
    TE - Finley/Rudolph
    Last edited by Dol-Fan; 09-09-2012 at 12:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Alfred Morris has been named the starter apparently, according to this guy:

Dan Hellie ‏@DanHellie
    #Redskins will start rookie 6th round pick Alfred Morris at RB vs. Saints on Sunday. #fantasyfootball

So he's sitting on the FA list in my league. Should I drop anyone to pick him up? If so, who?

Kyle Rudolph
    Steve Smith (STL)
    Jon Baldwin

Rest of roster:

QB - Stafford/Luck
    WR - Fitz/Green/Britt/Blackmon/DHB/Santana Moss
    RB - MJD/Richardson/D. Brown/Wells/R. Williams/D. Wilson/
    TE - Finley/Rudolph
    Just don't see the value in Steve Smith, or David Wilson really. I'd drop either one for a flier on a could be starter.

That being said, I trust the Shannahans with RB about -45493%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Just don't see the value in Steve Smith, or David Wilson really. I'd drop either one for a flier on a could be starter.

That being said, I trust the Shannahans with RB about -45493%
    It's a keeper league and David Wilson will be a beast one day, so I'm keeping him around. If Bradshaw goes down, he'll be right there. The fumbling issues are real but no chance I drop him. A few owners also have interest in trading for him; he certainly has value to me.

Steve Smith I thought was a nice sleeper, but with a potential starter available at RB I think I'll have to drop him. I like Smith this year but he and Amendola are similar players so it's tough to project what he'll end up doing.

Shanahanigans are overblown, IMO. Though I think Helu is the most talented back in WAS and he'll eventually end up the starter, Morris could have value for a few weeks. I believe I read somewhere that Shanahan has ran with a consistent starter in 14 of 18 years. Since 2007 he hasn't had the best situations presented to him.

vCash
    Then drop Moss. But I don't believe in Shanny since Rueben Droughns (kudos if u remember him or played fantasy football then).

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Meh I dropped Smith. Figure he won't have a big enough week for people to be all over him on waivers.

vCash
    trying to figure out who I should drop for Ogletree? I have QB's Rodgers/Cutler RB Lynch/Charles/D.Martin Gerhart/Hunter Mendenhall WR's Llyod/V.Jackson/S.Johnson TE's V.Davis/Celek .. Or do I even need him?? Is it worth dropping a waiver priority?

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast