Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    In the meantime, its great to see tyson chandler finally getting the credit he deserves. #23 ahead of gasol!

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    I honestly dont care...yeah he should be higher but they r gonna keep disrespecting him until he wins
    This. This is the year where melo can shut up his critics. If not, he'll always be considered an underachiever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    There are not 16 players in the NBA that are better than carmelo anthony.
    Based on last season alone you could make a case there are.

vCash
    so they penalize Melo for a bad month say rankin of last season yet put eric bledsore top 250 after he avg 3.3 and still have not called rose who played less games avg less. BSPN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    so they penalize Melo for a bad month say rankin of last season yet put eric bledsore top 250 after he avg 3.3 and still have not called rose who played less games avg less. BSPN
    You are a lot more upset than Melo I bet? Its not based on the best player?

Read how they vote, and its only ESPN voters, some who vote with their hearts on many players. Its not a system, its basically meaningless.

It will not determine this years individual award winners, it will not determine anything about the upcoming season.

Top 20 is still top 20 and when you see the scores of those just above Melo, you will see he easily could have been 7 spots higher if a voter went one way or the other with his score.

It means nothing, yet some make it seem its an end all?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    You couldnt make a case for Rajon Rondo.

KNICKS PATS SOX

vCash
    I agree there is anti-Knick bias in the media world for sure, but everyone isn't out to get Melo, stats aren't prejudice to Melo, ESPN doesn't single out Melo.

Melo needs to earn his top 10/top 5 ranking that you guys are so willing to crown him with before he actually does earn it. ESPN is ranking him based on last season where he flat out had his worst year as a pro. ESPN is not going to ignore the stats they likely use as a basis because they believe the stats aren't fair to Melo. ESPN is not going to ignore Melo's lack of post season success because of the long list of excuses we hear on PSD all the time. ESPN is not going to throw Melo ahead of guys like Kobe and Wade who have been top 3/5 players for nearly 10 straight years (more for Kobe) after his worst season as a pro. ESPN is not going to use 'On paper Melo can do everything' as an argument for throwing him in the top 10. ESPN is not going to absolve Melo of his atrocious start because of minor injuries he played thru, that nearly everyone in professional sports deal with on a regular basis. Only Knick homers are going to do those things. Face the facts here.

If Melo wants ESPN to rank him top 10, step it up, put up a top 5 MVP type season, lead us to 50 wins and don't flop in the playoffs.

If it was Knick bias than Tyson wouldn't be ranked so high. If it was Melo bias than Amare wouldn't be so low. Suck it up and admit to yourselves that Melo sucked last year and nobody who is not a diehard Knick fan is going to write it off with the plethora of excuses we here non stop on here from the Melo apologists.

I think Melo is too low but using stats, individual and team success last season he might be right where he should be. On paper arguments aren't going to hold up for ESPN. And a guy like Rose who is a year removed from MVP isn't going to drop 10 spots because he was injured all year.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 09-25-2012 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I agree there is anti-Knick bias in the media world for sure, but everyone isn't out to get Melo, stats aren't prejudice to Melo, ESPN doesn't single out Melo.

Melo needs to earn his top 10/top 5 ranking that you guys are so willing to crown him with before he actually does earn it. ESPN is ranking him based on last season where he flat out had his worst year as a pro. ESPN is not going to ignore the stats they likely use as a basis because they believe the stats aren't fair to Melo. ESPN is not going to ignore Melo's lack of post season success because of the long list of excuses we hear on PSD all the time. ESPN is not going to throw Melo ahead of guys like Kobe and Wade who have been top 3/5 players for nearly 10 straight years (more for Kobe) after his worst season as a pro. ESPN is not going to use 'On paper Melo can do everything' as an argument for throwing him in the top 10. ESPN is not going to absolve Melo of his atrocious start because of minor injuries he played thru, that nearly everyone in professional sports deal with on a regular basis. Only Knick homers are going to do those things. Face the facts here.

If Melo wants ESPN to rank him top 10, step it up, put up a top 5 MVP type season, lead us to 50 wins and don't flop in the playoffs.

If it was Knick bias than Tyson wouldn't be ranked so high. If it was Melo bias than Amare wouldn't be so low. Suck it up and admit to yourselves that Melo sucked last year and nobody who is not a diehard Knick fan is going to write it off with the plethora of excuses we here non stop on here from the Melo apologists.

I think Melo is too low but using stats, individual and team success last season he might be right where he should be. On paper arguments aren't going to hold up for ESPN. And a guy like Rose who is a year removed from MVP isn't going to drop 10 spots because he was injured all year.
    As a Knick fan I'll take the what have you done for me lately attitude since the last month of last year is the closet we have to judge and for that month he was the very best.

So if we are going from that point on we can look forward to Melo having a very good year and jumping lots of numbers.

If you want to go by guys who only played a few games have no clue how they will come off an injury or take guys who play actually went downwards that up to those who want that route.

I see Melo's bad play corrisponding with a few factors like injuries that cannot be ignored and a coach who was not good here.

So what have you done for me lately attitude works for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    As a Knick fan I'll take the what have you done for me lately attitude since the last month of last year is the closet we have to judge and for that month he was the very best.

So if we are going from that point on we can look forward to Melo having a very good year and jumping lots of numbers.

If you want to go by guys who only played a few games have no clue how they will come off an injury or take guys who play actually went downwards that up to those who want that route.

I see Melo's bad play corrisponding with a few factors like injuries that cannot be ignored and a coach who was not good here.

So what have you done for me lately attitude works for me
    I think when ranking players for an upcoming season, 'what have you done for me lately' should be the previous season. Your going to base your rankings for the entire 2012-2013 season based off one month of the 2011-2012 season? Is Jeremy Lin a top 5 PG?

And we don't know how Rose is going to come back from injury, that doesn't mean we should just assume hes going to be worse and drop him 10 spots. Hes gotta come back and his play needs to drop before I'm going to assume he drops.

One month of stellar play doesn't absolve 3-4 months of extremely sub par play, regardless if it was the last month of the season.

If Melo beasted all season long and his play dropped off the last month/last 10-15 games something tells me you would be singing a different tune and the what have you done for me lately stuff would go out the window.

I mean whats the cutoff for this what have you done for me lately stuff? Last week week of season? Last game of the season? Or is month the arbitrary cutoff because thats when Melo started to actually play like a star?

ESPN isn't going to judge that way, only Knick 'homers' will when it works for their guys (I say that lightly, because I consider us all homers to a certain extent). This is just another example of the excuses Knick fans come up with to justify putting Melo higher than facts, stats, individual and team success warrant.

Whether its 'he has no weaknesses on paper', 'he has the most offensive moves and can't be guarded', 'the only reason his teams sucked in the playoffs for 10 years is because the other team was always better', 'the only reason HE sucked in the playoffs for 10 years is because the other team was better and could focus on him', 'advanced stats are prejudice to volume scorers and shouldn't apply to Melo' or 'Well he beasted for the last month and I live in a 'what have you done for me lately' world so I will pretend like the previous 50 games don't exist'..........Knicks fans are the only ones who will use these types of arguments to justify putting Melo higher than he deserves, I'm guilty as charged because I use some of hte above to put him in my top 10. But don't ***** and moan when ESPN isn't going to use that crap.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 09-25-2012 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    They are basing strictly on last season.

Melo had a good 10 game stretch to start the season, played like garbage all the way through D'antoni's firing, and had one great month and won an award for it.

He even won the third team all-nba which i did not feel he should have got, so that a gift as well.

#17 is a gift.

But here's the charm....go out an put together a consistent season on both ends of the court, and everyone's ranking will be higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks21 View Post
    You couldnt make a case for Rajon Rondo.
    Yeah I don't agree with him being that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    Actually after looking at the release of players 11-15. Melo's ranking is actually quite understandable now that I re-access the situation. While, he is more skilled than Griffin, Rondo, Gasol. After comparing the statistics along with team's records I can understand.

It's up to him to prove that he is a top 10 nba player.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think when ranking players for an upcoming season, 'what have you done for me lately' should be the previous season. Your going to base your rankings for the entire 2012-2013 season based off one month of the 2011-2012 season? Is Jeremy Lin a top 5 PG?

And we don't know how Rose is going to come back from injury, that doesn't mean we should just assume hes going to be worse and drop him 10 spots. Hes gotta come back and his play needs to drop before I'm going to assume he drops.

One month of stellar play doesn't absolve 3-4 months of extremely sub par play, regardless if it was the last month of the season.

If Melo beasted all season long and his play dropped off the last month/last 10-15 games something tells me you would be singing a different tune and the what have you done for me lately stuff would go out the window.

I mean whats the cutoff for this what have you done for me lately stuff? Last week week of season? Last game of the season? Or is month the arbitrary cutoff because thats when Melo started to actually play like a star?

ESPN isn't going to judge that way, only Knick 'homers' will when it works for their guys (I say that lightly, because I consider us all homers to a certain extent). This is just another example of the excuses Knick fans come up with to justify putting Melo higher than facts, stats, individual and team success warrant.

Whether its 'he has no weaknesses on paper', 'he has the most offensive moves and can't be guarded', 'the only reason his teams sucked in the playoffs for 10 years is because the other team was always better', 'the only reason HE sucked in the playoffs for 10 years is because the other team was better and could focus on him', 'advanced stats are prejudice to volume scorers and shouldn't apply to Melo' or 'Well he beasted for the last month and I live in a 'what have you done for me lately' world so I will pretend like the previous 50 games don't exist'..........Knicks fans are the only ones who will use these types of arguments to justify putting Melo higher than he deserves, I'm guilty as charged because I use some of hte above to put him in my top 10. But don't ***** and moan when ESPN isn't going to use that crap.
    you missed the entire post?

the ranking means nothing for this upcoming year, end of post.........

Melo played great the last month of a shortened season, where does this 4-5 months come from? Dec 25th started the season and thankfully mikey boy is gone, I blame lots on him. Asking a player like Melo to do things like he did and sit back in the corner like he did Gallo, well seeya, and hope the door did hit.

The rankings mean nothing for this season.......not a damn thing.

The Season starts soon and that is what matters and I think we will have our best season in quite some time and very confident saying it.

I also feel Melo will play well and call it coincidence but Melo's worst ball of his career was under good old Mikey boy.

Watch out, the melo of the last month is the closer Melo rather than the Melo under Mikey boy.

vCash
    Wait? I thought all these experts put Melo top 10? All of them put him top 10! Oh wait... that's a load of BS. Looks like it's not just these "haters" that think he's not top 10 yet.

vCash
    2nd best player in the league ranked 17th. I will be lookin real smart soon and when i do i should have one of these clowns jobs. Experts how rankings dont make sense. Rose Mvp season ranked 8th Rose acl tear miss half a season ranked top 6. Melo misses first round 8 of 9 times losing to 6 nba finals teams ranked 12th and 17th. Love cant get to .500 ranked 7th. Melo shoots 43% enfficant dwill 41% 20 wins and top 10 wtf is this bs

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast