Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    Saying no without explaining what you're opposed to doesn't really help me to understand what I lied about. As for the bailout, Bush did enact it and I believe Obama supported it, but i'm not sure what you're trying to grasp at here.
    Don't be dense.

The point is Obama said that if GM got the government help it "needed" the plant would stay open.
    Blatant lie, as he never said that.

"if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."
    Selective quoting. Take this **** to the Fox News forum.

I showed you how Obama made a statement, ended up being wrong and did nothing to rectify it when he became President.
    He "ENACTED" the "AUTO BAILOUT," which is what he alluded to in his comments, meaning that he DID do something to rectify the problem. If he didn't enact the bailout, you might have a case, but as it stands, you're wrong.

As for the bailout, Bush did enact it and I believe Obama supported it, but i'm not sure what you're trying to grasp at here.
    You know what I'm "grasping" at. It wasn't Bush's bailout by any means. He merely initiated a stopgap measure, while Obama doled out the big money and did the actual restructuring. Surely, you can "grasp" that.
    Last edited by Rageaholic; 08-30-2012 at 12:53 AM.

vCash

ewing

Blah blah blah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Blah blah blah
    Is that coming out of Ryan's mouth?

vCash
    No, he never said that.
    So saying "this plant will be here for another hundred years" doesn't count right.

Selective quoting. Take this **** to the Fox News forum.
    Actually the source I copied that from left out the, I believe, that you are so up in arms about. It wasn't deliberate, but again your nitpicking.

He "ENACTED" the "AUTO BAILOUT." Which is what he alluded to in his comments.

You know what I'm "grasping" at.
    The rest of this and most of what your posting is confusing because you don't give any details, your just quoting what I am saying and stating its wrong or assuming I know what you're talking about. Hard to do thru a computer screen

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    So saying "this plant will be here for another hundred years" doesn't count right.
    Did something hard hit your head? No, it doesn't count. Like "I like being able to fire people" doesn't count.

Actually the source I copied that from left out the, I believe, that you are so up in arms about. It wasn't deliberate, but again your nitpicking.
    And you made the mistake of repeating a bad source. It's not nitpicking when I point out an omission that changes the whole context of the discussion.

The rest of this and most of what your posting is confusing because you don't give any details
    I revised my comment. Check it out.

your just quoting what I am saying and stating its wrong or assuming I know what you're talking about. Hard to do thru a computer screen
    And you're being a little weasel.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageaholic View Post
    Did something hard hit your head? No, it doesn't count. Like "I like being able to fire people" doesn't count.

And you made the mistake of repeating a bad source. It's not nitpicking when I point out an omission that changes the whole context of the discussion.

I revised my comment. Check it out.

And you're being a little weasel.
    I can see where this is going and I'm just not going to be a part of it anymore. You obviously have no interest in debating and thus are going on the ignore list.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    why are you arguing about liars and their lies

vCash
    I can see where this is going and I'm just not going to be a part of it anymore. You obviously have no interest in debating and thus are going on the ignore list.
    Buh bye.
    Last edited by Rageaholic; 08-30-2012 at 01:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    why are you arguing about liars and their lies
    I get unreasonably irked by chronic liars. I'm also insane.

vCash
    FYI, the plant closed in June 2009 when Obama was in office. PolitiFact got it wrong. One line was closed in Dec. 2008 but the plant was operating until June, 2009.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/130171578.html
    Last edited by GoCrew5; 08-30-2012 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCrew5 View Post
    FYI, the plant closed in June 2009 when Obama was in office. PolitiFact got it wrong. One line was closed in Dec. 2008 but the plant was operating until June, 2009.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/130171578.html
    No, they didn't. Sigh, don't get me started again.

From Politifact

"The plant was effectively shut down on Dec. 23, 2008, when GM ceased production of SUVs there and laid off 1,200 workers. (Several dozen workers stayed on another four months to finish an order of small- to medium-duty trucks for Isuzu Motors."

Only a skeleton crew remained after that.

From USA Today:

"The report noted that 'about 50' workers remained at the plant until May or June 2009 to complete outstanding orders. The Janesville plant opened in 1918 as a tractor production center; it started producing cars in 1923."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UD8QptZlTa4

Politifact made no wrong claims. None.

vCash
    Interesting that Ryan would begin his introduction with a lie. The story was a good one, but it is still a lie. I wonder if that will dilute his message. Or if the democrats can use the lie to discredit him.

It seems a bit of gamble to lie like this. Ryan's comes across as the golden wonder boy and, IMO, should be trading on that. Starting out with a lie seems to tarnish the gold. Becoming just another politician seems a bad move. Unless Ryan has the Bill Clinton ability to deflect the 'loose with the truth' charge. Maybe he can, some guys are able to morf from the slick willie to president bill without much damage. Maybe Ryan can do that too.

Be interesting to see.

vCash
    You can argue all you wish, Obama has done nothing but throw our tax money to "stimulate" a faltering economy. It backfired.

Root for your candidate, but pull your head out of he sand and understand that this job is just too big for Obama. It has been since the day he got elected.

This isn't prom king were voting for. What we need is someone who understands finance, jobs, and building and creating something...anything.

Obamas biggest problem still is that he has no plan. No way out of this, just negative attacks and deflecting blame.

Hollywood stars are the most selfish, self centered people on earth, .....and that is who backs our president. Think about that for a second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Interesting that Ryan would begin his introduction with a lie. The story was a good one, but it is still a lie. I wonder if that will dilute his message. Or if the democrats can use the lie to discredit him.

It seems a bit of gamble to lie like this. Ryan's comes across as the golden wonder boy and, IMO, should be trading on that. Starting out with a lie seems to tarnish the gold. Becoming just another politician seems a bad move. Unless Ryan has the Bill Clinton ability to deflect the 'loose with the truth' charge. Maybe he can, some guys are able to morf from the slick willie to president bill without much damage. Maybe Ryan can do that too.

Be interesting to see.
    It's not a lie, it's a fact tht Obama continues to make promises he just doesn't keep.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast