Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Paul Ryan Slams Obama For Not Saving Auto Plant That Closed Under Bush

Oh im so sorry, that Obama did not have a time machine to save a plant......

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...---in-2008.php
    And he did it again today

David Axelrod ‏@davidaxelrod
    Again, Ryan blames Obama for a GM plant that closed under Bush. But then, they did say they wouldn't "let fact checkers get in the way."

vCash
    He's a comedian, that one.

vCash
    "if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

Obama's words

In October 2008 the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act was completed, which gave GM the assistance that Obama was talking about. GM, and Obama, knew it was going to get the help it wanted, yet they still closed the plant in December and Obama did nothing about it when he became President in January. If I were Ryan I'm not sure its something I would talk about, but if I were Axelrod or any liberal its not something I would discuss either.
    Last edited by Cubsrule; 08-29-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this (General Motors) plant will be here for another hundred years"

There, fixed it for you.

What Ryan said:

“I remember President Obama visiting it when he was first running, saying he’ll keep that plant open”

No, he did not.

“One more broken promise.”

False.

GM and Obama knew it was going to get the help it wanted, yet they still closed the plant in December and Obama did nothing about it when he became President in January.
    Do you even read what you write?
    Last edited by Rageaholic; 08-29-2012 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageaholic View Post
    "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this (General Motors) plant will be here for another hundred years"

There, fixed it for you.

What Ryan said:

“I remember President Obama visiting it when he was first running, saying he’ll keep that plant open”

No, he did not.

“One more broken promise.”

False.
    You're trying to nitpick at what Ryan said to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven. The point is Obama said that if GM got the government help it "needed" the plant would stay open. Fact is GM got the help it needed and still closed the plant and Obama did nothing about it when he became President. Truth be told it was stupid for Ryan to bring it up and even more stupid for Democrats to respond and nitpick it.

vCash
    Do you even read what you write?
    What are you talking about? I'm referring to them as in GM, not Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    You're trying to nitpick at what Ryan said to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven. The point is Obama said that if GM got the government help it "needed" the plant would stay open. Fact is GM got the help it needed and still closed the plant and Obama did nothing about it when he became President. Truth be told it was stupid for Ryan to bring it up and even more stupid for Democrats to respond and nitpick it.
    No, I'm being ACCURATE. Obama NEVER promised that the plant would stay open. That he was wrong to have faith is irrelevant. Ryan flat out LIED. And you flat out misrepresented what Obama said. This kind of **** gets you kicked out of academia.
    Last edited by Rageaholic; 08-29-2012 at 11:59 PM.

vCash
    What are you talking about? I'm referring to them as in GM, not Obama.
    Your exact quote

GM, and Obama, knew it was going to get the help it wanted, yet they still closed the plant in December and Obama did nothing about it when he became President in January.
    "They" referring to GM and Obama.

vCash
    No, I'm being ACCURATE. Obama NEVER promised that the plant would stay open.
    Whether you like it or not, politicians do it all the time on both sides of the aisle, they spin each others words to help their agenda. Just look at all the pushing granny off the cliff adds.

That he was wrong is irrelevant. Ryan flat out LIED. And you flat out misrepresented what Obama said. This kind of **** gets you kicked out of academia.
    And Obama and Biden have done it a hundred times. Again its something politicians do. I don't think Obama lied, but at the same time I don't think Ryan did either. In my mind, it's politics as usual.

vCash
    Your exact quote

"They" referring to GM and Obama.
    Which is why I put Obama between commas.

vCash
    Whether you like it or not, politicians do it all the time on both sides of the aisle, they spin each others words to help their agenda. Just look at all the pushing granny off the cliff adds.
    Gasp!!! Politicians lie? Doesn't excuse YOU, however.

And Obama and Biden have done it a hundred times. Again its something politicians do. I don't think Obama lied, but at the same time I don't think Ryan did either. In my mind, it's politics as usual.
    Hey, you know what? I don't give a **** because that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about one particular lie(as in, "delivering a false statement"). If you WANT to talk about the Democrat's lies, fine, that's another matter up for discussion.

vCash
    Which is why I put Obama between commas.
    Fine.

vCash
    Gasp!!! Politicians lie? Doesn't excuse YOU, however.
    What exactly did I lie about?

Hey, you know what? I don't give a **** because that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about one particular lie(as in, "delivering a false statement"). If you WANT to talk about the Democrat's lies, fine, that's another matter up for discussion.
    I'm trying to put into perspective why this is irrelevant. If you want to grasp at what he said and nitpick to make it a lie, by all means. I showed you how Obama made a statement, ended up being wrong and did nothing to rectify it when he became President. To me this is a nonissue and I don't really care, as I stated its stupid for Ryan to bring up and even more stupid for the Democrats to respond to.

vCash
    For the last time

The point is Obama said that if GM got the government help it "needed" the plant would stay open.
    No.

if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.
    No.

I showed you how Obama made a statement, ended up being wrong and did nothing to rectify it when he became President.
    Another lie. Did he or did he not enact the bailout?

To me this is a nonissue and I don't really care, as I stated its stupid for Ryan to bring up and even more stupid for the Democrats to respond to.
    Great. Now please stop with the fabrications.

vCash
    For the last time

No.

No.

Another lie. Did he or did he not enact the bailout?

Great. Now please stop with the fabrications.
    Saying no without explaining what you're opposed to doesn't really help me to understand what I lied about. As for the bailout, Bush did enact it and I believe Obama supported it, but i'm not sure what you're trying to grasp at here.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast