Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Ducks Look Flat

Ever since the Blackhawks' last visit in Anaheim, and the Ducks were the victors, they have looked flat ever since. They were swept by the Red Wings, and now by the Sharks (home and away). I attended the Sharks-Ducks game on Monday, and they looked slow. They have lost their last four games and I can't help but wonder where this came from. I mean, they were on a absolute tear. This is a very talented team that has chemistry, but you wouldn't know it based on their recent performances. What happened? Seems like they just bottomed out all of a sudden. I thought playing some road games would help redirect their focus, but so much for that thought :P Anyways, thoughts? Reactions?

vCash
    I would Rather see them on a losing streak now than in the Playoffs. Get this losing streak out of the way, learn from their mistakes and they should be ready to go. Lets Go Ducks

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation69 View Post
    I would Rather see them on a losing streak now than in the Playoffs. Get this losing streak out of the way, learn from their mistakes and they should be ready to go. Lets Go Ducks
    I'm a Flyers fan first and foremost but let me tell you I've always had a soft spot for the Ducks ever since the days of Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. With that said, I'm hoping hard that they can win the Cup this year. Out of all the teams that are qualifying for the playoffs this year, they're the only one I don't hate, atleast besides the Minnesota Wild. But let's face it, **** the Wild and **** any opportunity they have to win their first Stanley Cup.

With that said, the Ducks are having the most phenomenal season in awhile but they gotta look out for the Blackhawks and the Penguins. And with the additions of Brenden Morrow, Douglas Murray and big bad Jarome Iginla they are looking ****in dangerous as **** and will most certainly be a force to be reckoned with. And as a Ducks fan, you are well aware of the damage those three guys can do having put up with them in the Western Conference for all these years. The Ducks absolutley cannot afford to **** this up, they gotta bring their ****in A plus game every night and take no ****.

Now I like the addition of Radek Dvorak, he can bring some decent depth on anybody's third or fourth line but he's not enough. With the trade deadline approaching the Ducks have gotta purchase a big gun and add it to their arsenal. They're gonna have to, everybody else is and they need to step it up. Now as a Flyer's fan I've come to terms with the fact that they're not gonna make it to the playoffs so here's what I suggest: Danny Briere.

Hopefully Danny Briere can recover from that concussion quickly because I'm thinkin the Ducks should pick him up for their playoff campaign. I love Briere and would hate to see him go but wouldn't mind it as long as he went to a team I respect, the Ducks being one of them. Think about that. Danny Briere may be having a disappointing regular season, but there's one place he never disappoints: the playoffs. They don't call him "Playoff Danny" for nothin. He's arguably one of the greatest playoff performers in today's NHL and of all time. The ultimate weapon and perfect fit for a team who's lookin to win that Cup. They need to think about making moves like that. Not to mention, he's a utility winger who can be thrown at LW, C, or RW on any line but mostly works best centering a line where guys like Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan or Selanne can feed him the puck in the crease. Another one of his great assets, besides his speed and scoring touch, is his flawless work behind the net or as it's become known as his "office". With the addition of Briere, this team would become an even better team than they are now, would rival/equal their possible opponents and totally plow through the West like a ****in corn field. Whaddaya think about that?
    Last edited by Ernie Hudson; 03-29-2013 at 02:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Hudson View Post
    I'm a Flyers fan first and foremost but let me tell you I've always had a soft spot for the Ducks ever since the days of Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. With that said, I'm hoping hard that they can win the Cup this year. Out of all the teams that are qualifying for the playoffs this year, they're the only one I don't hate, atleast besides the Minnesota Wild. But let's face it, **** the Wild and **** any opportunity they have to win their first Stanley Cup.

With that said, the Ducks are having the most phenomenal season in awhile but they gotta look out for the Blackhawks and the Penguins. And with the additions of Brenden Morrow, Douglas Murray and big bad Jarome Iginla they are looking ****in dangerous as **** and will most certainly be a force to be reckoned with. And as a Ducks fan, you are well aware of the damage those three guys can do having put up with them in the Western Conference for all these years. The Ducks absolutley cannot afford to **** this up, they gotta bring their ****in A plus game every night and take no ****.

Now I like the addition of Radek Dvorak, he can bring some decent depth on anybody's third or fourth line but he's not enough. With the trade deadline approaching the Ducks have gotta purchase a big gun and add it to their arsenal. They're gonna have to, everybody else is and they need to step it up. Now as a Flyer's fan I've come to terms with the fact that they're not gonna make it to the playoffs so here's what I suggest: Danny Briere.

Hopefully Danny Briere can recover from that concussion quickly because I'm thinkin the Ducks should pick him up for their playoff campaign. I love Briere and would hate to see him go but wouldn't mind it as long as he went to a team I respect, the Ducks being one of them. Think about that. Danny Briere may be having a disappointing regular season, but there's one place he never disappoints: the playoffs. They don't call him "Playoff Danny" for nothin. He's arguably one of the greatest playoff performers in today's NHL and of all time. The ultimate weapon and perfect fit for a team who's lookin to win that Cup. They need to think about making moves like that. Not to mention, he's a utility winger who can be thrown at LW, C, or RW on any line but mostly works best centering a line where guys like Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan or Selanne can feed him the puck in the crease. Another one of his great assets, besides his speed and scoring touch, is his flawless work behind the net or as it's become known as his "office". With the addition of Briere, this team would become an even better team than they are now, would rival/equal their possible opponents and totally plow through the West like a ****in corn field. Whaddaya think about that?
    Same here! i would really like to see Selanne win another cup with Koivu. It seems right now that the Ducks need to refocus and get back to the basics. they have been struggling ever since they last played the blackhawks in Anaheim. I want to see how the Ducks come out and play against the Blackhawks tonight. hopefully they can bounce back, that would be huge. I believe that the Ducks could win the cup with the team they currently have (wont be easy though) and adding another player such as Briere probably wouldnt hurt, but how is he going to come back after the concussion, how long is it going to take him to get into rythem and be able to play with new teammates.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Yes, very glad they got their losing streak out of the way before the playoffs :P Anyone watch the game last night against the Kings? That was an exciting 60-minute grind. Great physical hockey. And just wait until Getzlaf is back in the lineup. (He's listed as day-to-day.)