Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    And against the Panthers, the kid had 5 catches for 68 yards. I would take that every game.
    I would too; that equates to 80 catches for 1088 yards over a 16 game season.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    maybe im just too negative but I see this kid being a problem all season. He is gonna cost us a game or two at some point by dropping a few catches in the endzone I see it already. He doesn't look like he is gonna work well under pressure in the 4th qtr with 1:21 to at our own 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsRevis2424 View Post
    maybe im just too negative but I see this kid being a problem all season. He is gonna cost us a game or two at some point by dropping a few catches in the endzone I see it already. He doesn't look like he is gonna work well under pressure in the 4th qtr with 1:21 to at our own 10
    Why so specific?

vCash
    So you don't see any positives from the rook's game?

Really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjetswin71 View Post
    Reminds me of a young Rob Moore, do you remember him? I also think he will do well. I just want us to get into the playoffs and go on a run. I don't care if we are 14-2 or 9-7 if we can rush the QB without always scheming and blitzing and leaving our corners consistently on an island then we should be ok.
    Sure I remember Rob Moore - 6'3"; 203 lbs.; our 1st pick in the "supplemental draft" - (which was the last pick in the 1st round) - that was the year we took RB Blair Thomas - Penn State; 2nd pick in the entire draft, ahead of Emmitt Smith, Cortez Kennedy. I know Stephen Hill is bigger, faster, and more athletic - and may catch more balls this year, that Moore did in his best year with the Jets - his 5th and last before going to the Arizona cardinals - 78 catches, 1010 yards, avg - 12.9 and his top TD production with the Jets - 6, OR AT LEAST - more than he had as a rookie - 44, but he did have his highest TD production - 6 - tied with his last year with the Jets.

Well, Hill might not catch >60, or have >1000 yards, but he will have a highers average, and I think he'll have at least 6 TDs - UNLESS Tebow is used a lot in the red zone - then all bets are off!

It is sort of ridiculous that the one area our offense led the league in was red zone TD scoring, and the "big plan" is to bring Tebow in for the red zone (RZ). I hope that the presence of S. Hill will increase (significantly) our TD scoring from outside the RZ with him over the top, and Holmes breaking those long ones over the intermediate middle.

IF Stephen Hill doesn't grow-up fast, this will be a lot tougher season than it would be!

GO JETS!!!
    Last edited by jetsfansince'67; 08-30-2012 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Yeah, that was it.

vCash
    I think he's a brilliant athlete who so far looks a bit limited technically. Lets hope hes a quick learner.

vCash
    I SURE DO

IMO he finishes in the TOP 3 for OROTY, and he might win it outright.

I see him emerging as a HR Hitter and Redzone threat who averages close to a 20 YRR, about 800 Yards and 8 TD's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermite View Post
    I SURE DO

IMO he finishes in the TOP 3 for OROTY, and he might win it outright.

I see him emerging as a HR Hitter and Redzone threat who averages close to a 20 YRR, about 800 Yards and 8 TD's
    I also see him as a "home-run hitter," and anything > 15 yards per catch (ypc) is good, and 20 ypc would be great, and is not unattainable - especially if Tony sticks to his philosophy of getting "chunk" yardage through the passing game. Balls that he catches in stride could turn into a quick six. I think Sanchez will go from "pick-6" to "quick-6" (KOW)!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I also see him as a "home-run hitter," and anything > 15 yards per catch (ypc) is good, and 20 ypc would be great, and is not unattainable - especially if Tony sticks to his philosophy of getting "chunk" yardage through the passing game. Balls that he catches in stride could turn into a quick six. I think Sanchez will go from "pick-6" to "quick-6" (KOW)!

GO JETS!!!
    Let's not forget he had a 29 yard per catch average at GT.

vCash
    I have good expectations for the kid but hes a rook and he wasn't targeted that much in college and has had some drops with us, hopefully the drops will go down with more experience out on the field thats all I hope for. This kid can stretch the field and thats what we need him to do, I hope he shines for us this season.

vCash
    I seriously hate this man (Cimini).

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.

"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues.

SOURCE ROTOWORLD

vCash
    Cimini is usually so positive, that's really strange.

vCash
    Hill is a project, its like trying to fix a roof with holes in it in the middle of a hurricane, 100% agree with Cimni on this

vCash
    The guy has blazing speed and was barely targeted in college. Let's give him a chance at least.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast