Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    a reciever is only as good as his qb

hard to put up stats when u get like 1 target a game
    but how many stats has he let "slip through his fingers"?
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Stephen Hill will be the GOAT. Haters can hate.

Seriously though, especially because of the type of college he played in, he needs development but he has tons of potential. I believe in him.

vCash
    I still think Hill can be good. Everyone knew he was raw. He has a hard time getting open because of his lack of technique. Corners are reading his routes very well. I don't think it has to do with his qb as much as his ability to get open.

IN the pre-season and the first game teams didn't have tape on him so they didn't know how to play him. So he was getting open and Sanchez found him. I think he just needs to be coached and taught the minor details. But he has all the physical tools to be a good WR.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    give him all the time you want but this coaching staff can not develop any players. they were good when they brought in veteran free agents. now that they're all gone or gotten old, look at where they are with the young players they have. simply put, Rex Ryan does not know how to develop players !!! + imo, the players do not respect Rex. That's why he can not control the locker room jibberish...
    Well, I think it is fair to say that Rex is unable to develop offensive players, but that is not necessarily a problem. I think he has done a good job of developing players on the D. As long as the right staff is in place for the offense, and he empowers that staff correctly, everything should be fine.

Hill is just a rookie, so I don't think it is fair to say that he has not been developed correctly just yet. So really, we are only looking at Sanchez as "undeveloped talent." So is that what happened, or has the offensive staff spent a ton of time working with him, trying to make him better? Maybe he is just a bust. We don't want to say that because he "brought" us to 2 AFC Championship games, although it was really our D that did it. Sanchez had a bunch of terrible games those 2 years, including 2 clunkers in the playoffs.

Schotty gets fired because Sanchez does not develop, and now Sparano will likely be fired as well. If the Raiders decided to spend 10 years developing JaMarcus Russell, how many OCs would get canned before they realized that the player is the problem. Last year, he did not play well because he was not challenged, because of Wayne Hunter, because of Schotty, and because of Santonio's antics. This year, it is because we brought in Tebow, because Tanny did not surround him with talent, because of Sparano, and because the OL is so bad.

Have the Colts developed Andrew Luck? He has only been with the organization for 6 months, and he has already transformed them. Why couldn't they "develop" Curtis Painter like that? They are 6-3, and their defense is terrible.

All kinds of fingerpointing being done right now, but what would we look like if we had a top 10 QB behind center. Give us Big Ben or Matt Ryan, and we are 7-2 or 6-3. Maybe our QB is the only real problem. The owner and the GM and the coaches are all getting killed simply because they had the faith to trade up and select him in 2009. Woody should sell. Tanny and Rex should get fired. Or maybe, we just need to find ourselves a good QB. That will help Hill to develop.

vCash
    i support hill 100% hes raw but hes got the attributes there to be a monster!!!!!!! just look forward to a brighter day in jet nation
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    He's a rookie who was raw as hell coming out of college. He will be fine, he just needs more time to develop. I think Hill can develop into a very good deep threat (and maybe more) down the road. He doesn't get many balls thrown his way and he's one of the few WR's on the team that can really get separation.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    Well, I think it is fair to say that Rex is unable to develop offensive players, but that is not necessarily a problem. I think he has done a good job of developing players on the D. As long as the right staff is in place for the offense, and he empowers that staff correctly, everything should be fine.

Hill is just a rookie, so I don't think it is fair to say that he has not been developed correctly just yet. So really, we are only looking at Sanchez as "undeveloped talent." So is that what happened, or has the offensive staff spent a ton of time working with him, trying to make him better? Maybe he is just a bust. We don't want to say that because he "brought" us to 2 AFC Championship games, although it was really our D that did it. Sanchez had a bunch of terrible games those 2 years, including 2 clunkers in the playoffs.

Schotty gets fired because Sanchez does not develop, and now Sparano will likely be fired as well. If the Raiders decided to spend 10 years developing JaMarcus Russell, how many OCs would get canned before they realized that the player is the problem. Last year, he did not play well because he was not challenged, because of Wayne Hunter, because of Schotty, and because of Santonio's antics. This year, it is because we brought in Tebow, because Tanny did not surround him with talent, because of Sparano, and because the OL is so bad.

Have the Colts developed Andrew Luck? He has only been with the organization for 6 months, and he has already transformed them. Why couldn't they "develop" Curtis Painter like that? They are 6-3, and their defense is terrible.

All kinds of fingerpointing being done right now, but what would we look like if we had a top 10 QB behind center. Give us Big Ben or Matt Ryan, and we are 7-2 or 6-3. Maybe our QB is the only real problem. The owner and the GM and the coaches are all getting killed simply because they had the faith to trade up and select him in 2009. Woody should sell. Tanny and Rex should get fired. Or maybe, we just need to find ourselves a good QB. That will help Hill to develop.
    not talking about just Hill. I'm talking about every other rookies since Rex been a head coach, which player has gotten better. I'll give you Revis and maybe David Harris. Sanchez, Vernon Gholston , Kyle Wilson, Vlad ducasse are some of the prime examples. there are others but can't think of them.
    you mentioned Curtis Painter of the Colts. bad example because they didn't even tried to develop him. you also mentioned Ryan. he was terrible in his rookie year and yes Atlanta coaching staff and his work ethic help the process. Jemarcus Russell has no work ethics and no amount of coaching would help his cause.
    here's a prime example of not developing Sanchez, and you even mentioned it "This year, it is because we brought in Tebow, because Tanny did not surround him with talent, because of Sparano, and because the OL is so bad."

vCash
    Stephen Hill is about as raw a talent as you can get, but he definitely can, and probably will develop into a great WR (that's my hope, belief, wish, and kow - desire).

Guys like Julio Jones and A.J. Green are very rare, and were high 1st round picks.

Look how the Giants have brought along their WRs, Except for Victor Cruz - who burst on the scene after having a season ending injury in preseason of 2010 - look at their pattern of being brought along slowly:
    Mario Manningham (now a 49er) - 3rd round pick - 2008 - 4 rec; 2009 - 57 recs; 2010 - 60 recs
    Hakeem Nicks - 1st round pick 2009 - 47 recs; 2010 - 79 recs; 2011 - 76
    Domenik Hixon - 2006 draft by Broncos - picked up by Giants in '07 - 1 rec; '08 - 43; '09 - 15 rec - injury; 2012 - 26 so far
    Ramses Barden - moved up in 3rd round 2009 - 1 rec; '10 - 5 rec; '11 - 9 rec; '12 - 14 rec
    Reuben Randle - 2012 2nd round pick - 10 games - 11 receptions. (of course - the Giants have Eli Manning throwing the ball).

It takes time, but the kid has so much talent that he's going to develop.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I totally agree that any offensive players drafted to the Jets - under the current regime of REX/Sparano - are going to have a harder time developing because offense is an afterthought, at least to REX, and Sparano "knows where his bread is buttered," or something like that.

Even so - Jeremy Kerley - who had a lot of experience in college - is developing into a nice slot receiver, and I think Stephen Hill has everything that it takes, so go Stephen Hill!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    but how many stats has he let "slip through his fingers"?
    Not as many as Graham in N.O. who has 9 so whats the point? Sanchez does a terrible job getting his players the ball.

Its bad when opposing coaches call out Sanchez.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ht-sanchez-jab

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Everyone is saying the same thing about Stephen Hill (he's raw). If you can't catch a ball as a WR, what good are you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Everyone is saying the same thing about Stephen Hill (he's raw). If you can't catch a ball as a WR, what good are you?
    He had made some plays, he is just making error's of concentration which are likely caused by lacking confidence and a bit of technique.

I'm sure in training he pulls in catches easily that he is missing in games.

We cant judge if he is going to be a good player or if he is never going to quite "get it" until the end of the season.

He has up sides you CAN'T train (speed, strength, speed)... I fully believe he will get more confident and cut out the errors.

vCash
    Its a concentration thing, Most drops are caused by mentally making a move before the catch is made. For instance if a defender is close and the throw is a tight window young receivers thing about turning it up field before the ball is even caught. Some young receivers still need to adjust to the speed of the NFL, There just too many factors into why he is playing like he is. But the good thing is those type of issues can be coached. I have faith in the kid, as long as he learns crisp routes he will be fine.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Its a concentration thing, Most drops are caused by mentally making a move before the catch is made. For instance if a defender is close and the throw is a tight window young receivers thing about turning it up field before the ball is even caught. Some young receivers still need to adjust to the speed of the NFL, There just too many factors into why he is playing like he is. But the good thing is those type of issues can be coached. I have faith in the kid, as long as he learns crisp routes he will be fine.
    I agree with this 100%.

That's why I wanted a veteran brought in when Holmes went down. Hill should not be put in a position to be a #2 or #3 receiver who is counted on to catch 3-5 balls a game. Every drop can undermine his confidence, especially in a city like NY where everything is so highly scrutinized by fans and media alike.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast