Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash
    He's trending towards bust, but i am still in love with his size and speed, dude needs to learn how to concentrate and catch,, sanjay lal should be axed this offseason, he has not done a good job i've never seen so many nfl receivers on the same team catch with their chest. Not a good practice.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    He's trending towards bust, but i am still in love with his size and speed, dude needs to learn how to concentrate and catch,, sanjay lal should be axed this offseason, he has not done a good job i've never seen so many nfl receivers on the same team catch with their chest. Not a good practice.
    It is WAY to early to classify him as a bust, but he's not ready to be a prime time player in the NFL, and should never have been put into a position to have to be in his rookie year.

Yet again, the FO and coaching staff don't know how the **** to properly develop young talent.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    It is WAY to early to classify him as a bust, but he's not ready to be a prime time player in the NFL, and should never have been put into a position to have to be in his rookie year.

Yet again, the FO and coaching staff don't know how the **** to properly develop young talent.
    To be fair here magoo, if he caught all the easy balls he dropped he would be a prime time player with at least 5 Td's.....

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    He's a rookie!

Most WRs "get" the game in 2-3 years.

Do I believe in him:
    Does his speed create mismatches? Yes.
    Does he have height and size? Yes.
    Can his hands be worked on throughout the offseason? Yes.
    Does he have potential? Yes.
    Has he shown what he can be? Yes.

As a rookie, although he's not where we want him to be, he has shown that he can be what we all hope he can be.
    It will just take a year or 2 for him to get there.

It's clear that some fans have never heard of developing players before.
    (And not all developing players end up on the PS, and don't bring up the 2nd round pick, that doesn't factor into it either)

It was well known before the draft that Hill was raw but athletic.
    He needs seasoning, that's all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    To be fair here magoo, if he caught all the easy balls he dropped he would be a prime time player with at least 5 Td's.....
    Funny thing is, SHill may be Braylon Edwards all over again.

Makes hard catches seem easy, and can't catch the easy ones.

I tend to believe that if SHill puts the work in this offseason he'll be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I agree, but as I stated, he's not ready. The "easy" catches are not as easy as they might look for many receivers, until the game slows down for them.

Sometimes the circus catches are actually easier because the receiver doesn't have time to think.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

Where did I call him a bust?
    THE GOAT

vCash
    Where did I call him a bust?
    You didn't call him a bust, but stated that he's trending in that direction. Premature to even suggest that.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    You didn't call him a bust, but stated that he's trending in that direction. Premature to even suggest that.
    I totally disagree with that, I would argue Kerley had a better year as a rookie 5th rounder than hill is having.
    THE GOAT

vCash
    I totally disagree with that, I would argue Kerley had a better year as a rookie 5th rounder than hill is having.
    Kerley came from a passing offense in college, and was pretty much NFL ready. We know where Hill came from. He is all about measurables, not technique. Like my fave MrX27 said, give him time. I would love it if they brought in a guy like Chris Carter or Heinz Ward to teach him about being a football player, and how to utilize his talent. Until then, keep on throwing at him. Let him learn by experience, and get knocked around a bit.

vCash
    Kerley was hardly used last year until the second half of the season, and he was a much more polished WR coming out of college than Hill is. Everyone knew Hill had "hands" issues, but his speed and route running ability outweighed that in the minds of the Jets' brass.

Kind of like how Sanchez probably needed another year as a college QB, since he had only started one season at USC. So how did the Jets handle him? Did they have him sitting on the bench to learn? Nope...throw him right into the fire. And people wonder why Sanchez isn't developing. Hill won't either unless he is brought along the right way.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    give him all the time you want but this coaching staff can not develop any players. they were good when they brought in veteran free agents. now that they're all gone or gotten old, look at where they are with the young players they have. simply put, Rex Ryan does not know how to develop players !!! + imo, the players do not respect Rex. That's why he can not control the locker room jibberish...

vCash
    Kerley was hardly used last year until the second half of the season, and he was a much more polished WR coming out of college than Hill is. Everyone knew Hill had "hands" issues, but his speed and route running ability outweighed that in the minds of the Jets' brass.

Kind of like how Sanchez probably needed another year as a college QB, since he had only started one season at USC. So how did the Jets handle him? Did they have him sitting on the bench to learn? Nope...throw him right into the fire. And people wonder why Sanchez isn't developing. Hill won't either unless he is brought along the right way.
    good point, the jets havent developed anyone in a while
    THE GOAT

vCash
    If Hill came out of college close to the finished article, he would have gone top 20 when you take into account his height, speed and strength.

He is pretty raw, and its a gamble, but I think we have seen enough flashes to help us believe he is going to be a very good player.

vCash
    a reciever is only as good as his qb

hard to put up stats when u get like 1 target a game

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast