Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Stephen Hill:Do You Belive In Him???

Im curious to know what Jets fans think about the long term future for this kid. He hasn't looked that great so far he drops alot of easy passes, I know when Tanny drafted this kid he was probably thinking he would be like a Braylon Edwards type only younger and homegrown. But clearly he has alot of work to do and it may take years before we know how good Stephen Hill can really be. Personally I don't think he is gonna turn out to be anything special. I hope Im wrong but the kid just doesn't look that talented, most WR's coming out of college you pretty much know how good they are or how good they can be. Im not sure what we saw in this kid . Sanchez said it best during the game the other night "he's had more passes thrown his way tonight then his entire college carrer" Hill needs alot of reps and fast because we need him to step up right away. What does everyone else think about the future of our Second round draft pick???Im not seeing one

vCash
    Did you see last game?

Yes, we believe in him. AND we haven't even gone to the deep ball much yet!

No one and I mean NO ONE will stop his down and out move, especially since DBs have to respect his downfield speed.

What you've seen so far from him is him being a rook. Not every rook is going to shine out the gate, but you best believe that he shines from certain angles already.

vCash
    WR take a few years to develop. It may take Hill even longer since he basically had no college experience. I'm not surprised to see the early struggles

vCash
    I said so way before the draft, and I'm even more convinced now then I was then, that Stephen Hill is going to be that big fast receiver that we have never had. Of course he is raw - we new that, but for these reasons: 1) he has the ability; 2) we have the need; 3) he is going to continue to be targeted as much, or more than any of our receivers, and that will be because he'll be the hardest match-up for any team if they try and go 1 on 1 with him, and when they double him, Holmes will eat them alive, and it is for these reasons why Stephen Hill will be great!

Is he going to have drops, and make mistakes - hell yes (who doesn't), but MrT knew what this kid had before we drafted him - and that is talent - not just size and speed, but natural ability, and a desire to be great - and that is why he is not only going to be great, he is going to end up being one of the best WRs the JETS have ever had (KOW)!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I said so way before the draft, and I'm even more convinced now then I was then, that Stephen Hill is going to be that big fast receiver that we have never had. Of course he is raw - we new that, but for these reasons: 1) he has the ability; 2) we have the need; 3) he is going to continue to be targeted as much, or more than any of our receivers, and that will be because he'll be the hardest match-up for any team if they try and go 1 on 1 with him, and when they double him, Holmes will eat them alive, and it is for these reasons why Stephen Hill will be great!

Is he going to have drops, and make mistakes - hell yes (who doesn't), but MrT knew what this kid had before we drafted him - and that is talent - not just size and speed, but natural ability, and a desire to be great - and that is why he is not only going to be great, he is going to end up being one of the best WRs the JETS have ever had (KOW)!

GO JETS!!!
    Great post totally agree. We all see that he is extremely raw, but the talent is absolutely there and with the situation he is in here he has the ability to learn and grow.

Like you said he is going to get targets this year and if teams decide to leave him in single coverage he can burn them over the top at any moment. I think this year will be filled with struggles and even times when we all get pretty frustrated with him. However I also think this year will be filled with a bunch of plays where we say "holy ****, how the hell did he just do that".

I stand by the pick and think it will only look better in the years to come.

New York Jets: 1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/13/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post

GO JETS!!!
    Lame, quoting my own post, but....this is how I've felt about Stephen "Blueberry" Hill well before the draft, and he performed just as I had expected, well....frankly, even I didn't expect 2 TDs on opening day, but I expected greatness, and I'm very happy for him, and for all our Jets and for Jets fans.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I sure hope he learns quickly. He's obviously got the ability to perform at a high level in the NFL.

vCash

Stephen Hill:Do You Belive In Him???

He just has to work on his hands!!! As was shown last game, he is known to drop passes right on the money.....it was a big knock on him in college!! But he bounced back with some nice grabs. I'm excited to see where he is in 3 yrs.,...that is the general learning curve for WR's.

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    I'm not worried about the drops in pre-season of his rookie year. Braylon Edwards is the king of dropped passes, and look how many Jets fans wanted him back.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    He's raw, we all knew this coming in.

vCash
    I think he's gonna be a lot like the first couple years of his GT team mate D. Thomas. His first year we will scratch our heads a bit. Second year will show flashes and by third year will be brilliant. I know that doesn't help so much in a huge area of need right away, but that's my honest opinion. I'm not expecting much from him this season- but yes, I do believe in him. I believe in this draft in general. I think we set ourselves nicely with this draft

vCash
    Against Carolina almost every play he created space between him and defenders

vCash
    Hill's gonna be good for us down the road we just need to give the guy a chance to develop

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    Hill's gonna be good for us down the road we just need to give the guy a chance to develop
    Yup. He seems like raw talent at the moment but he shows flashes of being a high quality receiver that is able to get open fairly easily.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    My review is that he has major potential. I do believe in him.

He needs to run crisper routes. He needs to use his hands instead of his body to catch the ball. He needs to get his head around quicker in the red zone.
    All of those issues are correctable with training and practice.

What cannot be learned is what he already has, absurd athleticism, size and speed.

Yes. I believe.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast